The Predator Official Thread: Teaser Trailer

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don’t think Munn has anything to do with the reception of it. The reviews were what they were before she even came out about it and the early word was divisive. It is what it is. Like I said I like it don’t love it but it’s certainly an homage or satire of 80s and 90s action flicks in the best way possible without becoming demolition man. I love demolition man lol but it doesn’t go that far
You'd love this discussion from Lebatard Show about classic action movies.

Predator gets name dropped around the @5:00 minute mark of course

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think Munn has anything to do with the reception of it. The reviews were what they were before she even came out about it and the early word was divisive. It is what it is. Like I said I like it don’t love it but it’s certainly an homage or satire of 80s and 90s action flicks in the best way possible without becoming demolition man. I love demolition man lol but it doesn’t go that far
Exactly. That's why I mentioned that it fits right with Predator 1 and 2.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly. That's why I mentioned that it fits right with Predator 1 and 2.

Yeah after listening to McTiernans commentary on predator and thinking about predator 2, I’ve realized that the franchise works best when it’s got something to make fun of and satirize. It’s a tricky balance because the action still has to be legit and count but you have to have a slight hand as a director to know which tone you’re going for

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
I listened to some reviews online frkm predator fans and wow.

I will not watch this.

Lmao. I cant. The whole dog shyt. Wow.

Speechless i really dont know where to begin.

I had to watch mutiple to make sure they werent jokes.

RIP to the greatness that was predator and even predator 2

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Here is one glaring issue I have with this movie and it’s with most action movies actually: focusing on the boring white guy instead of the easily more interesting characters around him. McKenna is cool and I loved Boyd in Logan. But he’s the least interesting person in the movie. This idea we have to focus our movies around these boring white guys needs to change and change quickly.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Here is one glaring issue I have with this movie and it’s with most action movies actually: focusing on the boring white guy instead of the easily more interesting characters around him. McKenna is cool and I loved Boyd in Logan. But he’s the least interesting person in the movie. This idea we have to focus our movies around these boring white guys needs to change and change quickly.
You’re right. Everyone else was way more interesting in this movie than McKenna. The supporting cast especially William who stole the show. Munn was useless in this IMO and they didn’t even need her.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i'll wait for this to drop online.

i aint gonna disrespect Arnie by spending my bread on this foolishness.

:cigarbossarnie:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You’re right. Everyone else was way more interesting in this movie than McKenna. The supporting cast especially William who stole the show. Munn was useless in this IMO and they didn’t even need her.

I liked her in it actually. She had more of a role and more of a character than I thought she would. shyt even focusing the movie on her would’ve been better than McKenna. There’s a way big Hollywood movies write these main white guy characters though. The idea seems to be to make them like create a character in video games; allow the audience to imprint their own personality on the guy so they can identify more. But that’s asinine for obvious reasons
i'll wait for this to drop online.

i aint gonna disrespect Arnie by spending my bread on this foolishness.

:cigarbossarnie:
breh of all people you’d enjoy the hell out of this :russ:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
breh of all people you’d enjoy the hell out of this :russ:
I probably would.
but i cant let Arnie down man.
thatd be like me going out and buying a mongoose and frontin like its a ferret.
:stopitslime:

word to Detective Kimble.
:ufdup:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I probably would.
but i cant let Arnie down man.
thatd be like me going out and buying a mongoose and frontin like its a ferret.
:stopitslime:

word to Detective Kimble.
:ufdup:

He’ll be okay lol. If he cared he would’ve did something about it. Kimble got cash he ain’t worried about how you spend yours.