The Reason that "Ali" was a boring ass mess was becuz of Will Smith

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Spike did He Got Game 3 years earlier and that was much better than Ali
3 years is a long ass time.

Outside of his documentary Katrina documentary he reallyreally hasnt done anything worth mentioning.

W/e happened to that vampire movie he had a kickstarter for?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
The movie is fantastic. fukk outta here thinking Spike Lee would make a better movie :camby:

the opening scene :mjcry:

the editing and cinematography :takedat:

realistic fight choreography :win:

It's not a traditional biopic in the sense that it's following an arc, or conclusion. It's mostly about the feeling of being Ali.

Ali in Africa, when he realizes how big he is :ohlawd:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Norman Jewison was supposed to direct Malcolm X at first. (guy who did A Soldier's Story)
Yep and he realized he couldn't do it right. A white guy directing Malcolm X woulda been a failure

The race of the director[edit]
Once Warner Bros. agreed to the project, they initially wanted Academy Award-nominated Canadian film director Norman Jewison to direct the film. Jewison, director of the seminal civil rights film In the Heat of the Night, was able to bring Denzel Washington into the project to play Malcolm X. Jewison and Washington previously worked together in the 1984 film A Soldier's Story. A protest erupted over the fact that a white director was slated to make the film.[4] Spike Lee was one of the main voices of criticism; since college, he had considered a film adaption of The Autobiography of Malcolm X to be a dream project. Lee and others felt that it was appropriate that only a black person should direct Malcolm X.[5]

After the public outcry against Jewison, Worth came to the conclusion that "it needed a black director at this point. It was insurmountable the other way...There's a grave responsibility here". Jewison left the project, though he noted he gave up the movie not because of the protest, but because he could not reconcile Malcolm's private and public lives and was unsatisfied with Charles Fuller's script. Lee confirmed Jewison's position, stating "If Norman actually thought he could do it, he would have really fought me. But he bowed out gracefully". Jewison and Denzel Washington would reunite several years later for The Hurricane, in which Washington played imprisoned boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, who spent nearly twenty years in prison for a murder he claimed he did not commit before his conviction was overturned in 1985.

Spike Lee was soon named the director, and he made substantial changes to the script. "I'm directing this movie and I rewrote the script, and I'm an artist and there's just no two ways around it: this film about Malcolm X is going to be my vision of Malcolm X. But it's not like I'm sitting atop a mountain saying, 'Screw everyone, this is the Malcolm I see.' I've done the research, I've talked to the people who were there."[4]