The time TED banned a talk about the fact rich people don't create jobs

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Not correct. There us always been a demand for a better way to communicate and that is what IPhones are marketed as. Your statement disregards the underlying demand and instead focuses on the specific need. It also discounts the fact that if there was no demand for such technology iPhones wouldn’t exist.

i think i lost brain cells just reading this :what:

there was no demand for smartphone technology in 2006 because no one knew wtf a smart phone was:what:

apple invested their time, money and resources into innovating and inventing a new product.:what:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
So a liberal described basic supply & demand as a feed back loop, and threw in fukk letting “rich people” keep more of their money.
:ehh:Not really anything groundbreaking.

i wouldn't even apply this to liberalism... this interpretation of supply and demand can only be attributed to delusion :what:

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
i think i lost brain cells just reading this :what:

there was no demand for smartphone technology in 2006 because no one knew wtf a smart phone was:what:

apple invested their time, money and resources into innovating and inventing a new product.:what:
So u gonna ignore the demand for better was to communicate? Without that demand, Apple doesn’t sell a single IPhone. There’s a reason iPhones are sold in countries where people have excess disposable income rather than poorer, less industrialized locations. It’s because the demand is there.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
So u gonna ignore the demand for better was to communicate? Without that demand, Apple doesn’t sell a single IPhone. There’s a reason iPhones are sold in countries where people have excess disposable income rather than poorer, less industrialized locations. It’s because the demand is there.

if steve jobs dies in 2005 and never lives to invent the first smart phone or the first smart phone operating system... are you telling me that things would be the same exactly as they are today? :what:

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
if steve jobs dies in 2005 and never lives to invent the first smart phone or the first smart phone operating system... are you telling me that things would be the same exactly as they are today? :what:
Please do not create an argument that I never made. I do not discount Steve Jobs innovation. But if the iPhone is not created, someone would create something to make communication easier because the consumer demand dictates as much.

Riddle me this, why do companies no longer sell black and white TVs? Why don’t companies sell winter jackets when you are on vacation in the Caribbean? Why don’t companies sell wooden shoes anymore?

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting. Chris Anderson wrote a book called The Long Tail a while back if I'm not mistaken that I read when I was going through a tech/econ book phase. Never realized that he was the curator of TED and behind this getting shelved.

I have a free book if anyone's looking for something new:mjpls:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Please do not create an argument that I never made. I do not discount Steve Jobs innovation. But if the iPhone is not created, someone would create something to make communication easier because the consumer demand dictates as much.

Riddle me this, why do companies no longer sell black and white TVs? Why don’t companies sell winter jackets when you are on vacation in the Caribbean? Why don’t companies sell wooden shoes anymore?

who? when? what? :what:

the first batch of iphone competitors didn't hit the market unti until 2010 and that was only after apple gave them the blueprint. imagine if they hadn't, our phones might still be on larry holmes status:what:

if you're going to attribute every great advance in human history to "consumer demand" then tell me why hasn't anyone created a living sex doll that looks like beyonce and shyts out hundred dollar bills? what... no demand for it? :what:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
What comes first supply or demand ?

it's not about what comes first, it's about which side is responsible for the growth of the economy:what:

was there a demand for ford automobiles before they existed?:what:

what good is demand if no one is able to provide it?:what:

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
who? when? what? :what:

the first batch of iphone competitors didn't hit the market unti until 2010 and that was only after apple gave them the blueprint. imagine if they hadn't, our phones might still be on larry holmes status:what:

if you're going to attribute every great advance in human history to "consumer demand" then tell me why hasn't anyone created a living sex doll that looks like beyonce and shyts out hundred dollar bills? what... no demand for it? :what:
Smartphones were around before the iPhone... :russ:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm not really into podcasts but I've read some pretty interesting criticisms about TED and speakers over the years... idk if it's a cultural thing, libertarianism seeping in, or something else but something seems kinda off there and the criticisms come from a pretty wide cast of characters.