The truth is what Castillo did to Floyd in his 20s could never be done to Roy Jones

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I was about to say. Man ain't watched the Montel Griffin fight :heh: Roy came on strong but who was winning the fight at the time was arguable. Hell, the round in which the KD/DQ happened Griffin was winning until Roy rocked him.

Everybody has hard fights. Everybody.
So..7 rounds of back and forth is equal to Floyd pretty much getting outworked? If u guys say so...power took Griffin down. Roy played ir safe for too lokng but once he got aggressive offensively? Griffin was eradicated.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Floyds skills stayed sharp through his 30's, what happened to Roy? :francis:

Roy was a great athlete with good boxing skills, he had his own style

Floyd was a great athlete with great boxing skills

Let it go Roy, Floyd is greater
What happened is he went to Heaveyweight in his mid 30s and came down to defend a title he shouldn't have defended. Should of went after that $100 million Mike Tyson fight. Floyd never went up two weight divisions after settling at 154..so Roy risked more because he was unbeatable at the time.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
roy vs montell griffin in the first fight...he did lose that fight in his prime and he was in his 20s..and it was similar to what castillo was doing to floyd in that first fight
Lost by a dq is no real lost at all. Not even close to being a lost.

Wasn't the same thing...Castillo crowded Floyd and he was damn near on the run.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Lost by a dq is no real lost at all. Not even close to being a lost.

Wasn't the same thing...Castillo crowded Floyd and he was damn near on the run.

A DQ is a loss to the offender...and in roy's case it was real because he hit a nikka when he was down and ko'ed him..thats a clear example of a DQ..what do you think the result should be? a KO win for Roy :heh:

its funny most floyd stans on here will at least acknowledge castillo gave floyd hell in the first fight...you roy stans are in straight denial over that griffin loss

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
A DQ is a loss to the offender...and in roy's case it was real because he hit a nikka when he was down and ko'ed him..thats a clear example of a DQ..what do you think the result should be? a KO win for Roy :heh:

its funny most floyd stans on here will at least acknowledge castillo gave floyd hell in the first fight...you roy stans are in straight denial over that griffin loss

So u saw it as intentional like Roy was a dirty fighter over Montel Griffin? Wow..what a perception. Anyone can get caught up in the heat of the moment...boxing, defensive basketball(elbows), rough sex, whatever...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
His weight fluctuated. If he would've stayed the same weight, or really just never came back down from heavyweight, it doesn't go that way for him.
right Roy had PPV ready fights at Heavy..where he had at least a 2 year window to do work...its really a shame

Roy Jones vs Mike Tyson
Roy Jones vs Evander Holyfield
Roy Jones vs James Toney 2
Roy Jones vs Chris Byrd in a WBA/IBF Heavyweight unification

gotdamn shame :francis:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So u saw it as intentional like Roy was a dirty fighter over Montel Griffin? Wow..what a perception. Anyone can get caught up in the heat of the moment...boxing, defensive basketball(elbows), rough sex, whatever...

nikka you dont have to be a intentionally dirty to get DQ in boxing ...there are other ways to get DQ..you can get DQ'ed for not fighting..you can DQ'ed for holding/clinching too damn much..hell you can get DQ'ed if your damn corner man enters the ring when the round hasn't ended or when the ref is giving a count...the perception is roy ko'ed griffin..intentional or not...when griffin voluntarily took a knee...that is a DQ and a loss..hell buster douglas escaped a KO loss in his second comeback because the dude ko'ed him a sec, not intentionally, after the bell and instead won by DQ...it happens

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Griffin never beat a light heavy worth anything after beating Roy and Toney which is odd

I thought he got a gift in both Toney fights. They were competitive, but James landed most of the harder more meaningful punches imo.

I think nikkas tend to overlook the 1st Griffin/RJJ fight is because of the way it ended. We saw Roy struggle, but he was starting to figure dude out late and prolly would have won by KO if it wasn't for the foul. Lazy ass ref couldn't keep up with the action. Griffin had a habit of bending real low in an already crouched stance, so I understand why Roy hit him again, but wrong is wrong. He should have stepped back, but in the heat of the moment shyt is crazy.
Roy dropped him in rd where he only threw 7-8 punches too. Talk about accuracy. Harding was another struggle fight for Roy.

Castillo/Mayweather is different, because we got to see that bout fully play out to the end. No fukkery. Rematch happens an it's still a tough fight.

Roy rematches Griffin and it's like he picked up where he left off. :manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I thought he got a gift in both Toney fights. They were competitive, but James landed most of the harder more meaningful punches imo.

I think nikkas tend to overlook the 1st Griffin/RJJ fight is because of the way it ended. We saw Roy struggle, but he was starting to figure dude out late and prolly would have won by KO if it wasn't for the foul. Lazy ass ref couldn't keep up with the action. Griffin had a habit of bending real low in an already crouched stance, so I understand why Roy hit him again, but wrong is wrong. He should have stepped back, but in the heat of the moment shyt is crazy.
Roy dropped him in rd where he only threw 7-8 punches too. Talk about accuracy. Harding was another struggle fight for Roy.

Castillo/Mayweather is different, because we got to see that bout fully play out to the end. No fukkery. Rematch happens an it's still a tough fight.

Roy rematches Griffin and it's like he picked up where he left off. :manny:

might be time to rewatch those griffin-toney fights again :patrice:

yeah but the difference was eddie futch wasnt in the corner for the rematch...like @Knicksman20 said..he was the one that devised the strategy that had roy controlled for the a majority of the fight

i didnt think harding fight was a struggle for roy though i did think it was a little bit of a struggle to watch lol..i thought he was well ahead when harding's corner stopped that shyt..i thought an old mike mccallum gave roy more trouble even though the cards showed as a straight wash for some reason :scusthov:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
might be time to rewatch those griffin-toney fights again :patrice:

yeah but the difference was eddie futch wasnt in the corner for the rematch...like @Knicksman20 said..he was the one that devised the strategy that had roy controlled for the a majority of the fight

i didnt think harding fight was a struggle for roy though i did think it was a little bit of a struggle to watch lol..i thought he was well ahead when harding's corner stopped that shyt..i thought an old mike mccallum gave roy more trouble even though the cards showed as a straight wash for some reason :scusthov:

Rematch ain't last long enough to matter tho. :mjlol:

Griffin could of had Futch, Steward, Jesus, Shaka Zulu, Alexander the Great, etc.... it wouldn't have made a difference, because Roy knew how to approach the style this time around and went straight for the weakness in it.

Harding was struggle to watch. You ain't lie. Shieet, I've prolly rewatched Dawson/Harding more than that fight.

I thought Roy was going easy on Mike, but was having difficulty in what level of dominance he wanted to display. :manny:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
right Roy had PPV ready fights at Heavy..where he had at least a 2 year window to do work...its really a shame

Roy Jones vs Mike Tyson
Roy Jones vs Evander Holyfield
Roy Jones vs James Toney 2
Roy Jones vs Chris Byrd in a WBA/IBF Heavyweight unification

gotdamn shame :francis:
Just wish someone would have told Roy that dropping back down 20 pounds was career suicide at that advanced age. Him and Tyson would have broken records and he probably would have beaten all four of them too. Though Byrd would have been a tough out for him I believe with his awkward style. But he let that foolish pride get the best of him and had to go see Tarver which changed the whole trajectory of his career. He's still one of the greatest to ever do it in his prime and I still don't think a man alive or dead beats him at his best within his weight limits.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Roy Jones would've have gotten beaten by Tarver regardless which is why he was always ducking him
tarver said do I have to piss on your grandma's grave to get you to fight me to make it happen

floyd had way harder competition, castillo was a welterweight in the ring the night of the fight and floyd beat him with one arm

resumes and careers aren't even close

Floyd would never get clowned like Roy did against Calzaghe, I don't care how old he is, he could fight Erroll Spence tomorrow and won't look that bad

roy got by on his athleticism, he wasn't even an average fighter after that was gone