The truth is what Castillo did to Floyd in his 20s could never be done to Roy Jones

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Name a fighter with more know they don't

How are Hatton and Judah question marks lmao,

Diego Corrales will eventually be on the hall of fame he should've already been added

Then you got the nerve to call me a stan

the fact is HE GOT A WAY BETTER RESUME THAN ROY ITS NOT DEBATABLE

You hater, you just hating

You can't even a name a fighter with more hall of famers on their resume than floyd which is WHY YOU DIDN'T

ALL I DID WAS STATE A FACT, and you mad, you using emotion to fuel your opinions which its why you are laughable to call me a stan

it's not my fault floyd mayweather is the most accomplishment fighter, that just happens to be a fact, its pure lunacy to debate other ways
The rants of an idiotic Floyd stan :bryan:

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
right Roy had PPV ready fights at Heavy..where he had at least a 2 year window to do work...its really a shame

Roy Jones vs Mike Tyson
Roy Jones vs Evander Holyfield
Roy Jones vs James Toney 2
Roy Jones vs Chris Byrd in a WBA/IBF Heavyweight unification

gotdamn shame :francis:

If you really think about it that's the only time that Roy would've had a chance to be recognized in the mainstream the way Floyd is now. Being real, there were no major draws from middleweight to cruiserweight in the mid 90's to early 00's that Roy could've captured the public's attention with.

Middleweight and Super Middleweight was a goldmine until ironically right around the time that Roy came onto the scene. The biggest fight of his career was Toney in 94, but after that who really was there for him to face that would've gotten the boxing world's attention? Benn and McClellan could've been but they were both finished after their fight in 95. Eubanks, Steve Collins? I doubt it. Hopkins still wasn't a big draw and he'd beaten him already. Calzaghe was nobody back then too.

The move up to 175 didn't help either, as there was no one there and that Dariusz cat would'nt have done much good even if they faced off. Hopkins eventually got in the spotlight by literally waiting it out until the star power from the lower divisions decided to try their luck at middleweight. However I don't think Roy's body could've took staying at 160-168 for years like Hopkins did

The move to heavyweight was the ONLY career move to make at that point for Roy.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
If you really think about it that's the only time that Roy would've had a chance to be recognized in the mainstream the way Floyd is now. Being real, there were no major draws from middleweight to cruiserweight in the mid 90's to early 00's that Roy could've captured the public's attention with.

Middleweight and Super Middleweight was a goldmine until ironically right around the time that Roy came onto the scene. The biggest fight of his career was Toney in 94, but after that who really was there for him to face that would've gotten the boxing world's attention? Benn and McClellan could've been but they were both finished after their fight in 95. Eubanks, Steve Collins? I doubt it. Hopkins still wasn't a big draw and he'd beaten him already. Calzaghe was nobody back then too.

The move up to 175 didn't help either, as there was no one there and that Dariusz cat would'nt have done much good even if they faced off. Hopkins eventually got in the spotlight by literally waiting it out until the star power from the lower divisions decided to try their luck at middleweight. However I don't think Roy's body could've took staying at 160-168 for years like Hopkins did

well there was one 175 fight he should have took before going to heavyweight

the rematch with roy jones..around 01-02..when roy and bhop were still in their primes...bhop was at the peak of his prime...unlike the tarver fights this shyt had legs and would have made serious bank...that interview had me hyped that it would happen soon....instead we got the shytty rematch much years later where roy was passed it and done and bhop was serviceable even though passed his prime but gassed because of all the movement from roy..shyt was terrible and a disappointment...and buried roy for good fighting a big US network much less a PPV

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
well there was one 175 fight he should have took before going to heavyweight

the rematch with roy jones..around 01-02..when roy and bhop were still in their primes...bhop was at the peak of his prime...unlike the tarver fights this shyt had legs and would have made serious bank...that interview had me hyped that it would happen soon....instead we got the shytty rematch much years later where roy was passed it and done and bhop was serviceable even though passed his prime but gassed because of all the movement from roy..shyt was terrible and a disappointment...and buried roy for good fighting a big US network much less a PPV

B Hop was over pricing himself:manny:

60/40 should've been taken:yeshrug:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
roy and floyd stans really shouldn't be arguing with one another lol
they went through the same bullshyt
'they said i aint fight nobody, i just make em look like nobody" can be applied to mayweather as well
both of these guys were exceptionally better den everyone near their weight class and hbo commentators acted like it was a bad thing lol

roy beat hopkins ( it doesnt count it was too early)
floyd beats canelo (it doesnt count it was too early)

but if they denied those fights when presented, they woulda been called duckers lol

back when floyd was being ducked by everyone, roy was on top being called a cherry picker who was afraid to take risks lol

even when roy went up to heavy weight, larry merchant was hating on his victory until george foremen checked him

the difference is, roy lost his reflexes and went on a losing streak. so his haters got to talk their shyt
floyd went off into the sunset with a 50-0 record and beat the record of a beloved white fighter

so there is, and always will be heavy resentment towards him

white folks dont like seeing a black person who doesnt take no L's

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Ima just drop this from a member of the Boxing media:

This is truth:hubie:

Let's not forget how the media used to bash RJJ's opposition level when comparing his resume vs Floyd's today brehs:hubie:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Ima just drop this from a member of the Boxing media:

This is truth:hubie:

Let's not forget how the media used to bash RJJ's opposition level when comparing his resume vs Floyd's today brehs:hubie:

They were wrong... Darius was hiding in Germany.. Calzaghe was always a bytch.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
right Roy had PPV ready fights at Heavy..where he had at least a 2 year window to do work...its really a shame

Roy Jones vs Mike Tyson
Roy Jones vs Evander Holyfield
Roy Jones vs James Toney 2
Roy Jones vs Chris Byrd in a WBA/IBF Heavyweight unification

gotdamn shame :francis:

Roy doesn't outbox Tyson. Straight loss for Roy.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

I think what really fukked Roy over was Hopkins getting to Trinidad before he could. Roy gave interviews about it at the time saying how pissed he was that they were fighting Hopkins because he knew how good Hopkins was and felt he was going to easily beat Trinidad. I think a Trinidad/Roy Jones fight would've been huge and did ridiculous numbers.