The worst "jump the shark" moment in television history?

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
WCW when Master P, Robocop, Rodman, and other celebrities participated in wrestling and fukkery :camby:

I really think the beginning of the end for WCW was that terrible "finger poke of doom," shyt between Nash & Hogan. They officially jumped the shark with the "Ready to Rumble" film and shortly afterwards put the nail in their coffin in an attempt to garner ratings by putting the belt on David Arquette. I was only in 3rd grade, but even I knew that was :what: Just a putrid company all around from '99 until Ted Turner and Vince put them out of their misery in '01.

MekaCatt

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Cacalaca
nah, the Wire stayed perfect. That homeless serial killer is what alot of precincts do and some claim that the Zodiac killer was created by the LAPD for this same reason; shyt was actually a perfect case to take on police corruption and everything;

Wow about the zodiac killer . Never heard that before.

Nino Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC/LDN
James getting killed on Good Times

Prison Break after season 1

Lost after episode 1

Sopranos last season

Martin after Gina refused to give it up IRL

Naruto after Akatsuki started getting murked

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
adding Nicky to fresh prince

about 90% of Steve Urkels inventions [which is why Harriet left the show]
tumblr_m63jvfrtcn1r5kbkfo1_500.gif

Huh? What you mean thats why she left? She got written off after she was replaced or nah?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
See everything but the bolded portion I knew about, however (:sas1:), after conducting a little research, I got an article written from 1997 about the incident (very basic info), and a few more recent articles shedding some more light on the issue, but nothing I'm finding corroborates the bolded text. They were sleeping together off camera (didn't know that at the time, but looking back it's type obvious :skip:), Martin caught feelings, she didn't, she gets engaged to DM, and then Martin flipped his lid. I can't find a source that vilifies her or doesn't make Martin out to be the one who was nuts, nor can I find anything about her catching feelings about him no-showing at her wedding.

Of course, casual sex with a co-worker wasn't exactly mentally healthy either lol :sas2:.

1997 article: 'Martin's' Wife Leaves Fox Series - Los Angeles Times

More recent articles: The Real Story Behind Martin & Tisha Campbell Drama
Did Tisha Campbell’s Affair With Martin Lawrence Destroy His Show? | 24HourHipHop
Tichina Arnold Comments on Vintage Lawsuit Between Martin Lawrence & Tisha Campbell - theJasmineBRAND :: theJasmineBRAND

@Azul Hope I'm not derailing the thread, but the Martin story always intrigued me since it just ended so suddenly.

yeah

i tried to find documentation but found none

i remember a tv interview (forgot for whom)
and remember everyone went from being mad at martin to angry at tisha campbell

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Dexter - When Deb killed LaGuerta and went crazy

4400 - When the leader of the 4400 center got murked and the baby grew into a adult woman :beli:
Scooby Doo - Scrappy Doo

Heroes - After Peter got Amnesia

Lost - The time jumps

Pokemon - Brock leaving

Boy Meets World - Corey and Topanga getting married or Eric becoming a dummy

L&O: SVU - Stabler leaving

SOA - The school shooting

Last edited:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
fukk Gina for fukking up the GOAT sitcom. :pacspit:

New York Undercover was my shyt too. I remember that episode when he got murked off. Everybody at school the next day was tripping off that shyt. And yeah, Tommy sucked on that show. Not one single person thought it would last after that.

Here are some examples of the more lighthearted convos between J.C and Eddie

TubeChop - New York Undercover: To Protect and Serve Pt 2 (01:05)

TubeChop - New York Undercover: The Friendly Neighborhood Dealer Pt 1 (00:30)

TubeChop - New York Undercover: Mate Pt 1 (00:25)

TubeChop - New York Undercover: Blondes Have More Fun Pt 1 (00:46)

TubeChop - New York Undercover: Private Enemy #1 Pt 1 (00:37)

When Nina came along in season 2, you didn't really see that anymore. I guess Eddie needed a love interest, but I missed the bromance between him and J.C

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
The Simpsons: Armin Tamzarian (Principal Skinner is a fake).

Heroes: Sylar's "I'm a bad guy, now I'm good guy, mommy/daddy plz love me, now I'm a bad guy again"

Any TV show that brings a child actor into the cast years into its run.

Boy Meets World: Eric turns into a retard (I enjoyed this tho)

The Office: I kinda want to say Michael Scott Paper Company

Rosanne: the family wins the lottery

Scrubs: keeping the show on after Zach Braff and the rest leave.

The Flintstones: The Great Gazoo
I agree with boy meets world. And I didn't see these two shows live but in syndication but regarding your bringing kids in comment. Can that be said for growing pains and cosby show?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
-All of the last season of Breaking Bad....midway thru, I was just hanging in there because I had invested so much time into it....the only show where I wished every character got murked in the end

-The Wire last season with the homeless serial killer

-shyt, pick a scene after season 3 of Entourage
:dahell:You and them nikkas that dapped you are tripping.. Entourage was great up until atleast season 6

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Wow about the zodiac killer . Never heard that before.

Yea that's one of the more popular theories because the department was in the shytter so some evidence suggests that the Zodiac killer was created by the dept to save the dept and take attention away from corruption

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
For me, it would have to be the death of Det. Torres on New York Undercover. New York Undercover was my favorite show from the 90s. The theme song alone :blessed:

Lately I've been watching old episodes on youtube and the show is still amazing :yeslawd: While watching, I couldn't help but think about that fateful day in 1997 when the worst happened.

(go to 2:23) :sadbron: the next day at school no joke girls were crying (hilarious in retrospect :bryan:)

It takes months for the show to come back, and when it does it comes back like this :scusthov:

It wasn't the same without Eddie. Then they have the nerve to add two cac cops and Tommy. They took away all the elements that made the show so popular and added a bunch of rock and techno music. It lasted about half a season.

In your opinion, what is the worst jump the shark moment in tv history
?

Damn I forgot about that shiit .... :laff: .... .. :ehh: