The worst "jump the shark" moment in television history?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Girlfriends when Toni left. :huhldup:And tried to replace her with Monica :snoop:
Moesha when Ray-j joined.
One on One when ray j joined.
Fresh Prince when Nicky grew up.(technically when they brought in the other Aunt Viv)
The Cosby show when Pam joined.
Living Single when Synclaire got married and the light skinned dude with the nice lips moved in....

Last edited:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
lies

Tisha Campbell basically ruined the show

she threw a fit because Martin was supposed to be at her wedding to Duane Martin and he didnt show up

after that she tried to leave the show

then claimed Martin sexually harassed her and Pam
but Pam said it wasnt true

then she would only shoot scenes without martin in them

she has mental issues

she admitted that it was all about the wedding after the show was cancelled

See everything but the bolded portion I knew about, however (:sas1:), after conducting a little research, I got an article written from 1997 about the incident (very basic info), and a few more recent articles shedding some more light on the issue, but nothing I'm finding corroborates the bolded text. They were sleeping together off camera (didn't know that at the time, but looking back it's type obvious :skip:), Martin caught feelings, she didn't, she gets engaged to DM, and then Martin flipped his lid. I can't find a source that vilifies her or doesn't make Martin out to be the one who was nuts, nor can I find anything about her catching feelings about him no-showing at her wedding.

Of course, casual sex with a co-worker wasn't exactly mentally healthy either lol :sas2:.

1997 article: 'Martin's' Wife Leaves Fox Series - Los Angeles Times

More recent articles: The Real Story Behind Martin & Tisha Campbell Drama
Did Tisha Campbell’s Affair With Martin Lawrence Destroy His Show? | 24HourHipHop
Tichina Arnold Comments on Vintage Lawsuit Between Martin Lawrence & Tisha Campbell - theJasmineBRAND :: theJasmineBRAND

@Azul Hope I'm not derailing the thread, but the Martin story always intrigued me since it just ended so suddenly.

Last edited:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
nancybotwin.gif

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Dis nikka Ray-J is the black Ted McGinley :russ:
I forgot to add Family Matters when Stefon was there more than Steve, when 3J joined, when it was moved to CBS and when they changed Harriet.

The show made 0 sense beyond then, i had stopped watching and started again and was like
tumblr_mbmtm3v2501rbrwnpo1_400.gif

this is for all the shows

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I forgot to add Family Matters when Stefon was there more than Steve, when 3J joined, when it was moved to CBS and when they changed Harriet.

The show made 0 sense beyond then, i had stopped watching and started again and was like
tumblr_mbmtm3v2501rbrwnpo1_400.gif

this is for all the shows

Forgot ALL about the cbs move:snoop:

Thats one show I can say was not even watchable once it jumped, it literally has ZERO replay value these days

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funny thing about Family Matters was, Harriet was actually starting to get more focus when the actress left.

MADtv had some of its best seasons post-2003.

Ray J is sitcom cancer, and Frank being Dorian's dad was the reason the stepmom quit the show. shyt turned Frank into the WOAT TV dad (second only to maybe Goku).

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
fukk Gina for fukking up the GOAT sitcom. :pacspit:

New York Undercover was my shyt too. I remember that episode when he got murked off. Everybody at school the next day was tripping off that shyt. And yeah, Tommy sucked on that show. Not one single person thought it would last after that.

And Fresh Prince never jumped the shark. They had way more head scratching timeline issues that Nicky growing up fast. I remember they changed Carlton's bday around a few times. Some other shyt I can't remember. But the show's quality never fell off like that.