Theory On Why NY Rap Is Stagnant (Not Hate)

Pier7

Superstar
Daps
The trendsetters, tastemakers and influencers in NY aren't being ran by black people.

False.

Just because ya nikkas aint in the loop dont mean that there are no black tastemakers in NY. Alot of em are young and are on twitter and ig.

There is a whole damn scene in NY being ran and documented predominately by young black and spanish kids.

Just cause internet nikkas dont know about it yet doesnt mean it doesnt exists.

shyt the only reason why I know is cause I follow the right ppl on IG n Black Twitter

Ya still listening to rosencac and strugglebro talk bout Action Bronson in 2016. When there hundreds of youngins showing you the modern day NY everyday.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
:dahell::dahell: nah Taxstone promote NY shyt and help that shyt get buzz on the internet.
Tax is a real authentic NY'er with his ear to the streets and cares about the NY rap scene.

that guy is a nerd he became a blood after looking up sets on the internet

and he doesn't strike me as open minded so the type of music he will big up will just be some troy ave type shyt

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
Yeah...on one end you have the guys who still think it's the late 90s/early 00s and don't want to see young nikkas shine, and then other hand you have the Maino and Jim Jones type of clowns who just want to ride the coattails of whatever's hot.

Troy Ave want nikkas to think that using the internet to blow up is a bad thing. this dumbass wants NY rappers to hand out CDs in Times Square. this man really said death to all internet and weirdo rappers.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
False.

Just because ya nikkas aint in the loop dont mean that there are no black tastemakers in NY. Alot of em are young and are on twitter and ig.

There is a whole damn scene in NY being ran and documented predominately by young black and spanish kids.

shyt the only reason why I know is cause I follow the right ppl on IG n Black Twitter

Ya still listening to rosencac and strugglebro talk bout Action Bronson in 2016. When there hundreds of youngins showing you the modern day NY everyday.

somebody who understands :blessed::blessed:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
False.

i noticed this, i think thats why theirs a difference bewteen the coli and KTT, coli seems to have more older posters not digging into that scene

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
the sound may not be coming from ny
but culture wise you can still see it
a$ap is the template for the game style wise/aesthetically

try and sound like the south but try and look like the city nikkas

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Trap music ruined black music. It ruined the balance of everything. NY never specialized in strip club music or music catered ONLY for the clubs. These days, you cater everything and everyone BUT the hardcore Hip Hop heads.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
False.

So those cats you mentioned have pull? They can call clear channel and iheartradio? They kick it with Doug Morris? They personally know the people at Cox Communications? If not then they're not power brokers. NY rap had power brokers back then. That's what I am talking about. People who can pull strings.

Pier7

Superstar
Daps
So those cats you mentioned have pull? They can call clear channel and iheartradio? They kick it with Doug Morris? They personally know the people at Cox Communications? If not then they're not power brokers. NY rap had power brokers back then. That's what I am talking about. People who can pull strings.

Them nikkas are the bloggers, photographers, tastemakers and a&r's of NY.

Songs like Hot nikka, Milly Rock, Panda, and Tray Pizzy and Dave East ascension are 100% creditied to them.

You talk of "the streets" well these are the motherfukkas who got shyt goin on the street level.

I heard about Desiigner n Shmura from them not Ebro or Charlamagne.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Them nikkas are the bloggers and photographers of NY.

Songs like Hot nikka, Milly Rock, Panda, and Tray Pizzy and Dave East ascension are 100% creditied to them.

You talk of "the streets" well these are the motherfukkas who got shyt goin on the street level.

I heard about Desiigner from them not Ebro or Charlamagne.
Great. Once they're in the offices and shaking hands with the bosses of this music game then NY will back. My theory is since NY lost that and powers been transferred to Atlanta, it's why NY is stagnant from a mainstream standpoint. Just a theory.