There really needs to be a bigger police presence in the hood.. Me and my grandmother almost got killed tonight.

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Glad you as well as your
grandmother are ok fam
My best advice is to move
out the hood
Move to the burbs
That’s what I’ve done
Almost all my family are living in the burbs
Much more peaceful and worth the money

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I hope they get caught and sent away for decades. Glad you are ok

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I'm sorry this happened but people still don't seem to understand what defund the police means l. It's police resources that are grossly misused all peop are asking is that those resources be used for other things that can deescalate many situations. For example some departments purchase police literal military equipment they don't use and could never be applicable. It should have been a different name to properly get the point across.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Too many times a slogan or acronym is created that does not effectively convey what is really desired by those of us who created it.

It seems sometimes that in an effort to make an acronym flow or a slogan to sound snazzy, we create something that in the end makes it easy for opponents to argue against it. Like @High Art stated, 'Reform the Police' would have been a far better slogan and a lot harder to easily argue against. Also 'Black Lives Matter Too' would have easily shut down attempts by White Racists to make claims that the statement meant only black lives mattered.

I believe we have to be a bit more precise in our statements if we want to not have them turned around and used against us so easily and effectively to drum up more opponents against our positions. Yes, they will still argue against our positions. That is what they will always do. I just personally do not believe in making it layup for them.

Last edited:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
:snoop: I’m fukked up in the head right now. I’m crying and shyt. As some of you guys know I was raised in Pomonok projects in Queens. My grandmother still lives there and we were visiting her for thanksgiving. I usually stay to take care of her as she’s getting older and tonight as I was taking her from the car 5 shots rang out at us from her building.

And we literally saw three nikkas running on the roof. If we would have gotten there any earlier we would be dead right now.

I can’t stand this shyt anymore. I ain’t never seen the hood this bad and I lived here through the 90’s. My grandmother is trying to calm us down but I’m so pissed off.

Adams needs to increase the police budget because these nikkas are out of control
Glad you guys are okay.

Police funding going through cycles(the same way everybody else's funding does btw) isn't new. It isn't some conspiracy to 'defund' them. A few clowns said that crap now every right winger runs with it when they're in their feelings.

Again, not downplaying your situation but you throwing that in there makes the whole story suspect in my eyes. Just saying.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Defund the police is one of the dumbest concepts ever brought to the political sphere

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
Just say you don't understand what it means. They haven't been defunded and crime still went up.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
30nHtPY.gif

He and his grandma were shot at. Show some class :francis:
You asking cac and weirdo degenerates to show class in TLR? This place is a Reddit adjacent cesspool.

I’m sorry OP it’s a blessing you and your mother are okay.