This Baby Mama/Baby Daddy Culture

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First off, the "Baby Mama/Baby Daddy" culture is an an effect of sexual irresponsibility and lack of personal accountability. You can't address one issue without looking at the others. We are willing to have unsafe sex with one another, but not accept the consequences that come with those actions. So either we need to be more selective who we have sex with or have discussions about "what happens if..." Black children need stable, supportive families. While a happy, balanced marriage is ideal, it's not completely realistic in these times, so I feel effective co-parenting is a beneficial solution.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but the war didn’t even start until ‘65.

Integration started 10 years earlier and you can see it reflected on the graph.

The Vietnam war most definitely played a role in continuing the spike though.

Look at the mexican chart that started in the 90s then spiked..

Looks like thats implying american culture fcks up family values..

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Spending $ on rubbers:hula:child support

All your $ to yourself:hula:child support

“Freedom” :hula:child support

80in TV on sale:hula:child support

Piece of mind:hula:child support

PS5 digital edition:hula:child support

Model 3 performance:hula:child support
I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been reckless in the past. When I look at the luxuries I’ve been able to buy with my disposable income, I give praise to my pullout game. :whew:

Just thinking about how much child support could’ve been garnished from my pay check makes me :merchant:.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
First off, the "Baby Mama/Baby Daddy" culture is an an effect of sexual irresponsibility and lack of personal accountability. You can't address one issue without looking at the others. We are willing to have unsafe sex with one another, but not accept the consequences that come with those actions. So either we need to be more selective who we have sex with or have discussions about "what happens if..." Black children need stable, supportive families. While a happy, balanced marriage is ideal, it's not completely realistic in these times, so I feel effective co-parenting is a beneficial solution.
I agree with most of you said, but you said black children need stable supportive families and a balanced marriage is not completely realistic which is what I disagree with. Marriage can work if both men and women put both their bullshyt to the side to do one thing and that's raise kids and put them first before anything. Co-parenting when the child is not living with both of his biological parents, but with just one of them is not a solution we should keep pushing.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with most of you said, but you said black children need stable supportive families and a balanced marriage is not completely realistic which is what I disagree with. Marriage can work if both men and women put both their bullshyt to the side to do one thing and that's raise kids and put them first before anything. Co-parenting when the child is not living with both of his biological parents, but with just one of them is not a solution we should keep pushing.

I don't disagree with you, but it's just not realistic from my viewpoint of the world. Marriage is on the decline and a lot of relationships are simply toxic. Couples are absolutely miserable and staying together "just for the kids", is not a viable solution either. We saw the increase in domestic violence during the COVID lock down. I'd much rather a child split time between parents than see the two of them arguing constantly.

Last edited:

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Co-parenting when the child is not living with both of his biological parents, but with just one of them is not a solution we should keep pushing.

Exactly.

"Co-parenting" also means that the two parents have to be able to afford two separate households to raise their children.

So, how can we exist on the bottom of the economic ladder as a people, yet then advocate that we have the financial means to maintain two households for our children? Make it make sense.

Meanwhile, the majority of white and Asian-American children in the nation are raised by their married parents in the same household.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't disagree with you, but it's just not realistic from my viewpoint of the world. Marriage is on the decline and a lot of relationships are simply toxic. Couples are absolutely miserable and staying together "just for the kids", is not a viable solution either. We saw the increase in domestic violence during the COVID lock down. I'd much rather a child split time between parents that see the two of them arguing constantly.

Didn't child abuse also go up during COVID-19 lock down or na?

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA

Model 3 performance:hula:child support
nikkas on child support are the ones purchasing PS5 digital consoles breh. :mjlol:

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SeaBed

That’s the biggest issue

But when u have welfare and section 8 around, then a lot of these women and men Know they can rely on that

guarantee if the government eliminate majority of welfare for people under 40 , you’ll see a lot more people making better decisions on who they fukk

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia