This drill produced more basketball players than anything in history

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This drill caused my mother to secretly tell my dad that she never wanted me to play football again (I was 7) and his ass listened :francis:. ( I never participated in the drill she just saw some other kids doing it and my football aspirations were canceled before they ever got off the ground)

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Most football coaches are sick in the head and have low self esteem because they never made it. They take pride in seeing little boys try their best to injure one another.

I was a football coach and I ran a variation of this drill. 3 players on each side. Ball carrier, 2 blockers on one. Defensive lineman and linebacker on the other. Tackle dummies on the side fr boundary. Id point to the offense where the back should run (left, right, middle) and the defense wouldn't know.

They'd get down. Blow the whistle.

Offense finds their blocks. Defense controls the line. Linebacker finds the ball.

I agree with you that this version of the drill above is on some bullshyt. There are other ways to find out if a football player likes to hit in a game or not.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Most football coaches are sick in the head and have low self esteem because they never made it. They take pride in seeing little boys try their best to injure one another.

This is a fact but those coaches are the best in motivating a young child to be great in the sport. They have so many quotables in the tuck.

My coach had so much pent up aggression. Most of the time he would headbutt the kids who would be in full padding without a helmet.:laff: that was his life.

He would say "YOU need to run through this man like he kidnapped your mama! TREAT HIM BAD!"

While bringing up his real life war stories.. good times.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Created a lot of professionals too!

besides my parents and grandmother this was the second biggest motivating factor in me being an engineer.

Ran that drill freshmen year in high school and was like.....better hit these books cause I ain't gonna be the next Barry Sanders or Emmit Smith....:francis:

:mjlol::lolbron::russ:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This drill caused my mother to secretly tell my dad that she never wanted me to play football again (I was 7) and his ass listened :francis:. ( I never participated in the drill she just saw some other kids doing it and my football aspirations were canceled before they ever got off the ground)

Man I had to bribe my dad to play football. Dude did not want his son playing that shyt cause his friend in high school got paralyzed playing.