This Era's music is the WOAT. The Next Generation is Doomed.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
You sound dumb as fukk, lil nikka.

Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross, Whiteney Houston, Prince, Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, Maze, Teddy Pendergrass, Zapp and Roger, etc...were all making GREAT FEEL GOOD MUSIC back then..what the hell is wrong with some you lost nikkas?

Few things weeabo

The fact you bring up 10 artist, most of which you probably only listen to their singles, and use them as example for a 10 year period in history where music was suppose to be exemplary is proving my point.

Also, where's Frankie Knuckles? Where's Kool Herc? Where's Eric B & Rakim? Rick James? LL doesn't even get a honorable mention either? Your bias is showing breh.

Then when you apply critical thinking skills you realize why your rebuttal while noble is faulty at best.

Because Stevie Wonder blew up in the 70's

Prince (with all due respect to the departed) has one of the most overrated overhyped meh albums and he's a clear rip off of Rick James and Michael Jackson and the rest of his discography is cheeks.

But this what happened when Otakus try to talk about anything outside their creepy ass hobby.

Last edited:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West šŸ‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Few things weeabo

The fact you bring up 10 artist, most of which you probably only listen to their singles, and use them as example for a 10 year period in history where music was suppose to be exemplary is proving my point.

Also, where's Frankie Knuckles? Where's Kool Herc? Where's Eric B & Rakim? Rick James? LL doesn't even get a honorable mention either? Your bias is showing breh.

Then when you apply critical thinking skills you realize why your rebuttal while noble is faulty at best.

Because Stevie Wonder blew up in the 70's

Prince (with all due respect to the departed) has one of the most overrated overhyped meh albums and he's a clear rip off of Rick James and Michael Jackson and the rest of his discography is cheeks.

But this what happened when Otakus try to talk about anything outside their creepy ass hobby.

Stevie was poppin in 60s dummy as Lil Stevie Wonder and he was poppin in the 80s as a major artist, his biggest selling single came out of the 80s off that Lady In Red soundtrack stupid.

I'm supposed to run down a fukking list of motherfukking artists who were poppin in the 80s, that made quality music to prove a point off example? Your argument is very weak and assumptive, I'm old enough to actually REMEMBER living in the 80s so don't fukking lecture me about shyt, son.

Prince a rip off of Rick James? Michael Jackson? Are you that fukking dumb? Yeah, your fakkit ass going right on ignore after this. Rick James and MJ created the Minneapolis Sound in the eighties, right? That's all them, right? Rick James' Street Songs and Prince's Controversy sound alike (both came out in 1981)? MJ's Thriller (1982) sounds like Prince's 1999 (1982)? You don't have a clue of what your talking about musically in the past so stop trying.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Stevie was poppin in 60s dummy as Lil Stevie Wonder and he was poppin in the 80s as a major artist, his biggest selling single came out of the 80s off that Lady In Red soundtrack stupid.

I'm supposed to run down a fukking list of motherfukking artists who were poppin in the 80s, that made quality music to prove a point off example? Your argument is very weak and assumptive, I'm old enough to actually REMEMBER living in the 80s so don't fukking lecture me about shyt, son.

Prince a rip off of Rick James? Michael Jackson? Are you that fukking dumb? Yeah, your fakkit ass going right on ignore after this. Rick James and MJ created the Minneapolis Sound in the eighties, right? That's all them, right? Rick James' Street Songs and Prince's Controversy sound alike (both came out in 1981)? MJ's Thriller (1982) sounds like Prince's 1999 (1982)? You don't have a clue of what your talking about musically in the past so stop trying.

Look at how heated I get you Otaku scum :mjlol::blessed:

I feed off your disdain keep it coming Kokujinn:umad:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Gaffgarion said:
You sound dumb as fukk, lil nikka.

Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross, Whitney Houston, Prince, Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, Maze, Teddy Pendergrass, Zapp and Roger, etc...were all making GREAT FEEL GOOD MUSIC back then..what the hell is wrong with some you lost nikkas?

It ain't really their fault. They weren't around when MTV actually played Music Videos 24/7/365. They don't know about Ralph McDaniels and Video Music Box. They don't know about the Awesome Two/Red Alert/Mr. Magic Radio Shows. Hip-hop is about the ONLY musical genre in which the originators are panned instead of universally venerated. RnB lost it's 'soul' a while back although I'm not sure when. All I know is that the vast majority of what is now termed RnB is mostly a mix of rap with singing via autotune and 'love' is passƩ.

The only solution I see to this disconnection from the old to the new is that us older cats stop being so hyper-critical of what these new cats are putting out and draw comparisons to what came before them so they can appreciate all the music Black people have created over the years.

Personally, I blame Biz Markie for the loss of access to old samples that accomplished what I was just talking about.​

Dont@Me

šŸ˜”
Daps
Out and dope IMO(2016):
nolan-heart.jpg
ScHoolboy-Q-%E2%80%9CBlank-Face%E2%80%9D-LP-Pre-Order.jpg
1454291804_eb5e3b69f6a26ae7f53d1413ffe49e68.jpg

Isn't out yet/ Haven't listened yet to verify:

KA-Wish-Death-Poem-CDQ-300x300.jpg
WWrN7JseKDusATUXRyLbWU4sHsS0bM8FhbXGo4ZN1sxYCo7gaGr7Vj-QEsFlPWKMDvDLkETJ=w300
20160712-00145588-rorock-000-view.jpg
Can you tell me the name of these albums that don't have the name on them please?

KravenMoreheadā„¢

Barrel Brothers.Ā®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Can you tell me the name of these albums that don't have the name on them please?

Sure, sorry about that. :pachaha:

Out and dope IMO(2016):
nolan-heart.jpg
ScHoolboy-Q-%E2%80%9CBlank-Face%E2%80%9D-LP-Pre-Order.jpg
1454291804_eb5e3b69f6a26ae7f53d1413ffe49e68.jpg

Isn't out yet/ Haven't listened yet to verify:

KA-Wish-Death-Poem-CDQ-300x300.jpg
WWrN7JseKDusATUXRyLbWU4sHsS0bM8FhbXGo4ZN1sxYCo7gaGr7Vj-QEsFlPWKMDvDLkETJ=w300
20160712-00145588-rorock-000-view.jpg

Top row, L to R: Nolan the Ninja - He(art); ScHoolboy Q - BlankFace LP; Le$ - Dreamcast

Bottom row, L to R: Ka - Honor Killed the Samurai; Flatbush Zombies - 3001: A Laced Odyssey; De La Soul - And The Anonymous Nobody

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
Half of those go crazy, and why the nerd hate thread? Lol you have your kendricks and j coles. Dont get mad cause most people are not lames post some 80s rap lyrics or biggies gay azz lyrics lol

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
:russ:

If Pac was alive he would have records with

Kodak

Gates

Boosie

Thug

Jeezy

Ross

You nikkas can't accept where the culture/sound is going so you holding onto good times past...

Old bitter ass baby nut bytch made "I'm mad the young kids like this" ass nikkas
Boosie is probably the closest thing to a modern day 2Pac thats out there. He gets slept on because hes from the south and he happens to sound like Trina when hes rapping