Tical 0: The Prequel was 1 of the biggest what the fukk moments in Hip Hop history.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
It's crazy to think how Method Man in the 90s was on the same tier as Pac, Big, and Snoop. His sound just didn't translate well post 2000.

I'm not quite sure what he was going for musically by then. He wasn't quite as animated as some of his frequent collaborators (Redman, Busta). He wasn't as lyrical as Nas or Ghostface. He wasn't walking the balance between the streets and pop charts like Jay, 50, Ja Rule, etc.

By the 2000s Method Man was just...there.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps

I bought that cd from Target a couple of days after it came out. Anyway, I get in the whip, put the cd on and bout 3 songs in had this look on my face like I just smelled dog shyt. :scust:
He made up for it with 4.21: The Day After:yeshrug:

He couldn't do shyt but make up for it. The Prequel was the lowest of low. :hhh:

That intro to 4:21 :wow:

It's crazy to think how Method Man in the 90s was on the same tier as Pac, Big, and Snoop. His sound just didn't translate well post 2000.

I'm not quite sure what he was going for musically by then. He wasn't quite as animated as some of his frequent collaborators (Redman, Busta). He wasn't as lyrical as Nas or Ghostface. He wasn't walking the balance between the streets and pop charts like Jay, 50, Ja Rule, etc.

Dap and +rep. Great post. You put it all in perspective. :wow:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Meth had a ton of charisma back then. No homo

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Yea. That album hurt my feelins. The best song is the rza cut with rae and afterparty wit ghost. I liked the song wit chinky too but thats bout it. Rest was pure average to trash (rodeo with lidacris... rather they rapped over the frog beat from stung)

Yeah, that Afterparty song was the only thing I would say would say was decent. But the rest of that shyt? Horreebull.

:russ: at that frog beat from that mtv show of Red and Meth's Stung.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I bought that cd from Target a couple of days after it came out. Anyway, I get in the whip, put the cd on and bout 3 songs in had this look on my face like I just smelled dog shyt. :scust:

He couldn't do shyt but make up for it. The Prequel was the lowest of low. :hhh:

That intro to 4:21 :wow:

Dap and +rep. Great post. You put it all in perspective. :wow:

Breh

The spittage was just simply to die for :ohlawd: