Tim Duncan has 5 rings why isn’t he ever mentioned in top 5

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Best power forward I ever seen and I’m 41 years old.

^ This is the problem! This is the debate!

No!

Because as dominant and consistent as Tim was, we can’t even agree on how to classify him!

Tim Duncan was the last true Center, but he played at the 4.
His game was not Power Forward game, so I can’t call him the best PF in good faith.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Because he played many years past his prime, many people forgot how good he was in his prime.

His prime years were 1997-2008. During this time, he was a dominant two-way player. If people are being honest, there have been very few players in history who would have been clearly superior choices to build teams around than this version of Duncan.

From 2009-2016 Duncan was still really good, but no longer the dominant player he once was.

I think Kareem was underrated for a long time for similar reasons (the Larry Holmes version of Kareem was what most people remembered).
Yeah if he didn’t play all 4 years at WF, he would’ve had a longer dominant prime.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Because he doesn't have a flashy game or personality. They try to call him a 'system player', but the Spurs haven't won a championship before him and they haven't won one after.
A chip isn’t the sole barometer he put them over the hump but they were a good organization before and have been after him.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Best PF ever and to be frank he wasn’t a prolific scorer nor extremely popular