To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
Agreed plus it seemed like once Diaw got more minutes our offense really took off

When Danny got hot shooting it was fun to watch and him and Kawhi are one of the best perimeter defensive duos of all time

But Danny was a terrible dribbler and would go ice cold at bad times (2012 OKC and the last 2 games in 2013 vs Miami
Lmaooo love Danny (and fukk Embiid forever for effectively ending his career) but those poor handles just came back to me in a flood like some kinda nightmarish acid flashback.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm thinking about it and I have this feeling like the Spurs might consider taking another power forward.

I know Jeremy Sochan is only 21 but unless the Spurs think he can improve his offense tremendously, they have to consider all options. Maybe it's thru the draft or maybe it's putting Mamu/Barlow into the starting rotation.

I don't know that Sochan does anything better than Barlow right now. He's just healthier.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I'd be surprised if they traded for Tre tbh. I feel like they're going to take the OKC approach and build through the draft and develop their guys. I know I'm one of the few Sochan fans here but the front office and Pop loves him, they're investing in him(brought in a new shooting coach and the pg debacle) and the city loves him. I think drafting a pg who can grow along with Wemby is the way to go. Keldon is probably gone and they either bring in a veteran SF to replace him or take one with the 2nd lottery pick if we get Toronto 's.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I want Trae mainly off his passing skills. It was way too many times Victor got missed this season

Imagine the lobs Trae threw to Clint Capela or John Collins going to Wemby :heh:
Sometimes Spurs missed a wide open Wemby.
Sometimes it felt like they didn't give him the ball on purpose.

Hard to prove though.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I'd be surprised if they traded for Tre tbh. I feel like they're going to take the OKC approach and build through the draft and develop their guys. I know I'm one of the few Sochan fans here but the front office and Pop loves him, they're investing in him(brought in a new shooting coach and the pg debacle) and the city loves him. I think drafting a pg who can grow along with Wemby is the way to go. Keldon is probably gone and they either bring in a veteran SF to replace him or take one with the 2nd lottery pick if we get Toronto 's.
I just hope they draft somebody that can shoot the damn ball. Tired of bringing in players who need their jumpers fixed.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lottery Odds:

Detroit 14%
Washington 14%
Charlotte 13.3%
Portland 13.2%
San Antonio 10.5%
Toronto 9%

If somehow the Raptors fall out of the Top 6 picks (maybe they get the 7th or 8th pick), then that pick would belong to the Spurs.

My goodness. Imagine if the Spurs got two picks inside the top 10.
:picard:

Let us pray

:ohlawd:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Lottery Odds:

Detroit 14%
Washington 14%
Charlotte 13.3%
Portland 13.2%
San Antonio 10.5%
Toronto 9%

If somehow the Raptors fall out of the Top 6 picks (maybe they get the 7th or 8th pick), then that pick would belong to the Spurs.

My goodness. Imagine if the Spurs got two picks inside the top 10.
:picard:

Let us pray

:ohlawd:
Toronto tanked like hell last quarter of the season. shyt if I were them I would have hoped the pick would convey this year in a bad draft. But I think the Raptor pick is the key to a potential trade this offseason. The Spurs could give up their 24 pick, the Raptors' 24 pick and maybe Atlanta's 27 pick for a Trae deal or the 24 Raptors/25 Bulls pick for Murray.