To those who watched Fresh Prince when it was on air....

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Seemed to get more popular once it his syndication. I think new ones were still airing, but they used to rerun it at 3-4 or something. Would watch every day after school

Same here. I feel like I watched it mostly in syndication at first and then maybe near the end on the new episodes. Feel like it was that way for shows like this and Family Matters in the beginning. Maybe some other shows like Full House also. Would see them on syndication and then later on would start watching new episodes when they would come on TGIF. I was 5 when FP premiered so I was more into Ninja Turtles at the time. Didn't get into sitcoms like that until a few years later. But I do remember the ones mentioned being the first ones I would watch when I would come home from school. Actually reading the wiki and syndication didn't hit until 94. I was 9 at the time. I think Ninja Turtles was still going strong and Power Rangers had just started off. Family Matters was just starting in syndication. All these shows I was just starting to discover around that time, including WWE, since Raw premiered around the same time in 93. Was a great time for television as a youth. They definitely fed us well back then.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
I remember watching the 1st episode. definitely loved it as a kid. I remember my dad saying it wasn't going to last. I reminded him of that a couple seasons later. Kids liked the fresh prince, He made Parents just don't understand and a Nightmare of My street. those were definitely made for a young audience. I stopped watching as much as I got older tho

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
It was aired on upn or wb I think
:mjtf: WB didn't even exist until 95, and UPN was later than that

NBC had FP it's entire run, then had the same producers for In The House with LL. And both Will Smith and LL debuted some of their new videos during the shows time slots. There was even a crossover episode with Carlton & Ashley on In the House

Shout out to NBC for letting hip-hop represent in prime time. Though they seem to have been mostly :mjpls: since then.

*edit* In The House was only on NBC 2 seasons, then went to UPN

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
TV shows were the only media to talk about back the day. There wasn't any memes, or viral shyt to talk about. So any popular show dominated the convo's back then.
I always talked about the latest episode of whatever show including fresh prince with my friends. Sort of like how people did with game of thrones, every show was like that to me.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
BLOSSOM!!

Anybody remember the episode where Blossom and Six kept riding up and down the elevator at a fancy hotel just to meet Will Smith? Lol i use to love crossover episodes

Member that crossover movie kidz in the wood

had Eddie Winslow, DJ, Carlton, Ashley banks, Bonnie from blossom