Top 10 NBA Player List: #6 of all-time

Who is the SIXTH (6th) greatest player ever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Inspired by my man @BmoreGorilla who did this sort of thing for hip-hop MCs in The Booth. I thought I could apply that same concept to here since we're always discussing GOATs in the NBA and what have you, especially in light of LeBron furthering his legacy by winning a championship for Cleveland.

So we just did the threads to determine the no's. 7, 8, 9 & 10 in our top 10 OAT. So far, we got:

10. Kobe Bryant
9. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquille O'Neal

7. Larry Bird

--------------------------------------------

I will now go about establishing an order from 6-1. Today we are voting for the 6th greatest player of all-time. YOU GET ONE VOTE.

Remember, this is the 6th best player, not the best player so vote on who you think is the worst from amongst this list effectively.

This poll will only be open for 72 hours so get your votes in ASAP.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Yeah I'm pleased with the list just don't understand why Russell shouldn't be at the very least top 5.

A few of us have discussed this.

I've found that Wilt/Russell are the hardest to rank, not only between themselves but also in comparison to more known players of our eras e.g. Bird, Magic, Jordan up to Kobe, Bron etc.

I doubt many if any people here are truly familiar with the Russell/Wilt era, so it is hard to judge

But what we do know is that Russell played in an era where his team dominated and the competition was extremely limited. His 11 championships are a reflection of the easiness of the era he played in, altho he deserves a lot of credit for winning that many and obviously being a defensive game changer and GOAT.

More people are drawn to Wilt because despite winning only 2 titles I think, he still had monstrous stats, but then people also discredit his stats because he had easier competition. That said, he proved himself towards the end of his career against some competent big men like Kareem, who had just come into the league and a host of others, so that may help as well.

I just think it's an era thing. Russell isn't even in my top 10. I don't know much about him. Jerry West and Elgin Baylor aren't in my top 10 either.

But by all means explain your stance breh.

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
A few of us have discussed this.

I've found that Wilt/Russell are the hardest to rank, not only between themselves but also in comparison to more known players of our eras e.g. Bird, Magic, Jordan up to Kobe, Bron etc.

I doubt many if any people here are truly familiar with the Russell/Wilt era, so it is hard to judge

But what we do know is that Russell played in an era where his team dominated and the competition was extremely limited. His 11 championships are a reflection of the easiness of the era he played in, altho he deserves a lot of credit for winning that many and obviously being a defensive game changer and GOAT.

More people are drawn to Wilt because despite winning only 2 titles I think, he still had monstrous stats, but then people also discredit his stats because he had easier competition. That said, he proved himself towards the end of his career against some competent big men like Kareem, who had just come into the league and a host of others, so that may help as well.

I just think it's an era thing. Russell isn't even in my top 10. I don't know much about him. Jerry West and Elgin Baylor aren't in my top 10 either.

But by all means explain your stance breh.

I wasn't around to watch him play either but I have watched some of his games on Youtube. My opinion is he should be at least top 5 for the amount of rings he won even given the easy competition, but he also won one as a player/coach.

I might be blinded by the fact he has that many rings but I'd be interested in hearing some legit opinions on it though.