Top 10 NBA Player List: #7 of all-time

Who is the SEVENTH (7th) greatest player of all-time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Inspired by my man @BmoreGorilla who did this sort of thing for hip-hop MCs in The Booth. I thought I could apply that same concept to here since we're always discussing GOATs in the NBA and what have you, especially in light of LeBron furthering his legacy by winning a championship for Cleveland.

So we just did the threads to determine the no's. 8, 9 & 10 in our top 10 OAT. So far, we got:

10. Kobe Bryant
9. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquille O'Neal

--------------------------------------------

I will now go about establishing an order from 7-1. Today we are voting for the 7th greatest player of all-time. YOU GET ONE VOTE.

Remember, this is the 7th best player, not the best player so vote on who you think is the worst from amongst this list effectively.

This poll will only be open for 72 hours so get your votes in ASAP.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
WOW Shaq at 8...arguably the most dominant player this league has ever seen

and then Duncan at 9. Larry is my vote here as he was in the previous polls

I wasn't that surprised by Shaq's rating but definitely would have expected Duncan higher

maybe if the retirement news set in before Duncan was eliminated, he would have been crowned GOAT
:takedat:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I wasn't that surprised by Shaq's rating but definitely would have expected Duncan higher

maybe if the retirement news set in before Duncan was eliminated, he would have been crowned GOAT
:takedat:

Sad thing is that's probably true, would've been top 5 at least

Shaq did have problem staying motivated in the regular season so he gets hit with that lazy card...but in the playoffs that man could not be fukked with in his prime. Only people on this poll with an argument for being better in the PS are Jordan and LeBron

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Sad thing is that's probably true, would've been top 5 at least

Shaq did have problem staying motivated in the regular season so he gets hit with that lazy card...but in the playoffs that man could not be fukked with in his prime. Only people on this poll with an argument for being better in the PS are Jordan and LeBron

Yep good point

As I've said throughout this series, the two hardest players to rank are Wilt/Russell

Unless you're super :flabbynsick:, there's no way you can gauge just how truly great they were, relative to the greats we are more familiar with on this list. I've been trying to eliminate Russell from the beginning because his championships are magnified by the weak era he played in. But I have no idea where to fit Wilt. Is he more dominant than Shaq?

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Lol Lebron, Duncan, and Shaq over Kobe n peeps still takin this list seriously

but they're all better
:yeshrug:

I just think Kobe belongs ahead of at least Russell and probably Bird and idk about Wilt

the rest...nah

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Yep good point

As I've said throughout this series, the two hardest players to rank are Wilt/Russell

Unless you're super :flabbynsick:, there's no way you can gauge just how truly great they were, relative to the greats we are more familiar with on this list. I've been trying to eliminate Russell from the beginning because his championships are magnified by the weak era he played in. But I have no idea where to fit Wilt. Is he more dominant than Shaq?

I wouldn't say so. Shaq being 300 lb with that type of skill, power and moving the way that he did made him even more of a problem than Wilt was to me. Granted it's hard to accurately compare guys across the era like that because we don't have the same resources.

I also have problems ranking the two but from what I do know Russell's the best defender ever who stepped up huge in the postseason. Didn't have a nuanced offensive game (to put it lightly) but he was a great passer, could handle the ball and stupid athletic who would probably be one of the leagues highlight finishers in the game today. He was not a traditional number one option however, and you couldn't dump the ball to him like Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem when you needed a score consistently.

Wilt pretty much had it all but he also had issues with his temperament and putting everything all together when it came to consistently playing high level defense, scoring dominance and being a team first player. His stats in a vacuum are overrated if you don't add context, but by that same token he may be literally the most talented player to have ever walked on a basketball court. I struggle with where he ranks more than anyone b/c talent wise he's GOAT, but in terms of temperament and being completely conducive to team basketball I'm not so sure.

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
but they're all better
:yeshrug:

I just think Kobe belongs ahead of at least Russell and probably Bird and idk about Wilt

the rest...nah

lol bro lebron is 3/7 in finals play, wit 2 of those finals being won by sheer luck (draymond suspension/steph choking & bosh rebound due to duncan benching/ray allen three)…..now, im not here to discredit his 3 rings, but lets be honest. the over/under on how many finals lebron woulda made if he played out west is 3, and thats bein generous.

duncan….lmfao. the guy whos been role player status for the past 7 years or so?? the guy whos team was competing for a ring wit him averaging 7 points a game?? i dont even need to defend this one, kill that noise.

shaq…okay, shaq is a tough one. he coulda been the goat if he had the proper work ethich…but he didnt. and kobe proved he was the better one when he won 2 more without shaq, while shaq struggled to win another one playing behind wade. so this one been deaded too.

want me to truly explain to yall why u guys rank kobe so low? its because of bspn…..scoop jackson has went on record to say that the writing staff at bspn is mainly comprised of anti-kobe dudes who love them some lebron, young frat boys who swear by the king and do whatever they can to tarnish kobe's legacy. like some of the posters we find here at the coli…only, they are much more hazardous to the general public, because they help the consensus generate an opinion wit the garbo they spew….so the casuals have been fed this narrative of kobe not really bein goat level when his play has said otherwise, and an equally bogus narrative of lebron being on the level of michael jordan, when his play clearly indicates he isn't…..so this bullshiit has been shoved down yall throats for so long that you jus consume it wit no questions asked. it's a shame, really…but my basketball purists know whatsup.