Tough decision. I'm better as a drunk

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
So, I've alternated from being drunk to being sober. I'm a much better person drunk. I talk to girls. I have hours long conversations. When I'm sober, I listen to sad, depressing music. I hate life. But, when I'm drunk I'm a social person. What do I do? It's either kill myself being sober or live an unhealthy life being social with people. I don't know what to do. Drinking makes me a better person. I know, I know, that's the addict in me talking, but it's true.

Most people (like 95%) aren’t even good at one thing.

At least you know what it is you want to do even if it comes with inherent risks.

You only die once.

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I went from casual drinking to binge drinking when covid hit and I had to switch to remote work. I was single and bored out of my fukking mind so I got to drinking a fifth a tequila or vodka a day. Since then I’ve cut it back to mostly weekends. I’ll slip in a drink or two during the week if I’m hanging out. Liquor addiction is no joke. Having to acknowledge a damn drink had that much control over my life was depressing but it is what it is. Good luck breh. Hit the gym. Have to balance it out somewhere.

Daps
Whatever happened to moderation :dahell: you know you can have a drink and not get full drunk right? Find that initial level and go from there. Like trying to talk to college freshmen around here :stopitslime:like we get it, there's people or circles out there that we have to talk to, but because they just have a sour attitude, we need a little help to deal with them :manny: but come on, figure out that middle ground and level it off instead of going off the deep end and the going dry all of a sudden.

Besides, quitting cold turkey is the worst thing to do cuz of the mental and physical side effects. OP going thru it is a textbook example of what happens.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
You're going to destroy your health over women?

Are you even hooking up with them or just talking for hours to them?

C'mon breh

It sounds like your setting up some fake obstacle to not have to stop drinking and you're telling yourself youre better drunk. You're not.

If youre goal is to talk to women then work on developing that skill sober. Don't take the shortcut. Put the work in to become a better conversationalist.

Or don't fukk it

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
I suggest CBD and Kava as alternatives,

But otherwise, you're an adult, as long as you're only harming yourself and know what you're doing isn't healthy, drink away :manny:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
As someone who started drinking to be more social and at times been damn near a borderline alcoholic myself, I know what you mean.

Over my 20 year drinking history, I've naturally gotten more social, but I'm still more charming when buzzed. As someone else said, the alcohol is bringing out something that's already there, you just have figure out a natural trigger for your ability to be more social. For me, it's adrenaline. Keeping busy, staying physical, just drives something in me to be more talkative.

I still drink, but I try to find a balance. Too many close calls with my health, driving, picking fights and shyt for me to keep going overboard with it.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I've already been there. I went to rehab for alcohol and benzos 6 years ago. My life was absolute trash for 5 years when I was sober. I start drinking again and I'm meeting people and dating again. It's a problem. I need a middle ground I guess

Eat weed gummies my nikka and leave the booze alone

Mashal88

All Star
Daps
You want to escape your reality but the only way you've managed to do that is by descending fully into your vice. You know it's destroying you but you're okay with that because who/what you are normally isn't anything to write home about. You feel becoming your ideal self is much more difficult than just cracking a bottle so you've gone to the path of least resistance.

You're not using your time efficiently when you're sober. I know you probably waste a lot of time instead of doing the shyt you really want to. You have to stop and once you're sober, work on becoming the person you want to be and do the things that will help you get there. Without that shyt.

Only real choice is to stop for good. Or, destroy your body and mind because you're afraid of truly elevating and live a miserable existence that possibly includes dying painfully and alone.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I hope OP gets the help he needs.

Serious question though. When people say they drink or they are a drunk, how much are they drinking? I drink 1 IPA almost every single day. Is that too much? I know people that drink 6-12 beers a day but I still don’t know if having just 1 is even too much

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
So, I've alternated from being drunk to being sober. I'm a much better person drunk. I talk to girls. I have hours long conversations. When I'm sober, I listen to sad, depressing music. I hate life. But, when I'm drunk I'm a social person. What do I do? It's either kill myself being sober or live an unhealthy life being social with people. I don't know what to do. Drinking makes me a better person. I know, I know, that's the addict in me talking, but it's true.
Drink socially on weekends. Stay healthy and clean during the week.

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
Agreed. There is no middle ground, but I'm trying. It's hard, breh. Addiction is a bytch
The American and AA model of addiction says there is no middle ground between alcoholism and complete abstinence, true in a lot of people.

But European studies have shown that combination of disulfiram treatment and CBT is a different way to treat than the AA model. Something to ask your doctor maybe.