Tough decision. I'm better as a drunk

KGlock

All Star
Daps
Don't even know how you over 30 dudes still even drink consistently. Nowadays at age 31 if I even drink a mere quarter of henny or 3/4 of a bottle of strong-ish wine. Or some beers man by the next day I'm having that annoying heart racing anxiety/hangover feel.:francis:
Basically like a weird anticipation feeling but not actually expecting anything to happen but the heart/mind seems to think so. Prolly just a blessing in disguise, the feel of being waved is cool and all but at the end of the day alcohol is literally poison and that shyt slowly deteriorates and ages you. Imma just stick to weed/edibles and the gym to get my endorphins.:manny:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's crazy people feel like they need substances that weren't even introduced to them until they were already damn near grown

Like how did yall make it through childhood :dead:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Also I don't know anybody who I think is a "better" anything while they drunk or high.

2 of my exes are completely belligerent and unruly a lot of times until they high but that doesn't make them "better" when they high. They calm down for like 20 minutes at best, don't wanna do shyt and go to sleep :camby:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don't think your better drunk. You're just not comfortable with your sober self. You should get a therapist. You could also use some friends or an environment where you can get more comfortable with yourself. You know, where there's positive feedback for your personality

And if you're having trouble talking with women but want to get better, you need to practice talking to women. You need to be comfortable doing that. I'm not sure what to suggest here though. You kind of need an environment or a mindset where you can get rejected and not be sad about it. I used to be nervous talking to women, but you'll only get better by doing it.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
It's crazy people feel like they need substances that weren't even introduced to them until they were already damn near grown

Like how did yall make it through childhood :dead:
Breh it ain’t the same

nikkas go thru shyt in life that changes them and what they need

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Breh it ain’t the same

nikkas go thru shyt in life that changes them and what they need
I can't rock wit it.

Outside of a debilitating illness, you shouldn't develop a need or have dependency on anything to deal with your problems. Buckle down, thug it out, come out on top.

It's hard but anything worth having is hard to get. nikkas don't hear me tho. :yeshrug:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I can't rock wit it.

Outside of a debilitating illness, you shouldn't develop a need or have dependency on anything to deal with your problems. Buckle down, thug it out, come out on top.

It's hard but anything worth having is hard to get. nikkas don't hear me tho. :yeshrug:
Which is why a therapist can help. If you're not an introspective person, a therapist should help you with these things. You have to get through it, but you don't have to get through it by yourself

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Don't even know how you over 30 dudes still even drink consistently. Nowadays at age 31 if I even drink a mere quarter of henny or 3/4 of a bottle of strong-ish wine. Or some beers man by the next day I'm having that annoying heart racing anxiety/hangover feel.:francis:
Basically like a weird anticipation feeling but not actually expecting anything to happen but the heart/mind seems to think so. Prolly just a blessing in disguise, the feel of being waved is cool and all but at the end of the day alcohol is literally poison and that shyt slowly deteriorates and ages you. Imma just stick to weed/edibles and the gym to get my endorphins.:manny:
I drink often but not much if that makes sense. I'm a couple of beers after work type of guy but I'll also have a work out in-between before drinking usually.
I might get hung over once a year maybe if I got out and drink more than usual at a show or club.

Alcoholics escalate their drinking and don't question it. Op is at the place where he is trying to rationalize it but he can't live without it

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
if youre serious breh instead of drinking you have to replace it with a hobby. If u have the cash try bjj or boxing. You cant just sit around being depressed. Quitting is just the first part.
I havent drank in 2 years coming this new years and id be fine never taking another sip

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The answer is never inside a bottle. Believe me I went searching for it.
Drank from sun up til sun down then through the night.
It solves nothing. At best delays problems.
Seek counselling for issues
Get better.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I can't rock wit it.

U don’t sound like u speaking from experience tho, addiction is a chemical thing, u can’t just overpower science