Toys R Us employees just won $20 million from Wall Street

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
reread what I posted about how the workers themselves don’t have the access or the resources that those behind the scenes do, if they did, they could very well easily run the stores on their own

I just don’t understand the mentality behind blaming poor workers for common problems that they have little control over when they aren’t given any agency in the first place

I really don’t understand the downplaying for when the few occasions workers actually stand up for themselves it’s cause for scorn yet those who pull the strings are just shrugged off as if it’s not an injustice

You're basically saying that the average citizen is more informed of how well a company is doing financially than a company worker. It's not like Toys R us was making money all day everyday and filed for bankruptcy out of the blue. They were losing money and then borrowed money and kept losing money. This was over the span of years not days.

If you stay on a sinking ship that's your fault.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
You're basically saying that the average citizen is more informed of how well a company is doing financially than a company worker. It's not like Toys R us was making money all day everyday and filed for bankruptcy out of the blue. They were losing money and then borrowed money and kept losing money. This was over the span of years not days.

If you stay on a sinking ship that's your fault.

The world would be a better place if people like you didn't exist. What do you gain out of arguing that a company in liquidation should not honour its commitments to its former employees.

People like you contribute towards the gap between the rich and the poor because you are too spineless to demand more.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
reread what I posted about how the workers themselves don’t have the access or the resources that those behind the scenes do, if they did, they could very well easily run the stores on their own

I just don’t understand the mentality behind blaming poor workers for common problems that they have little control over when they aren’t given any agency in the first place

I really don’t understand the downplaying for when the few occasions workers actually stand up for themselves it’s cause for scorn yet those who pull the strings are just shrugged off as if it’s not an injustice

It's not an injustice. Public companies post their numbers every quarter. Toys R us has been saying for years that we're not making any money and losing ground to digital games and etc.

If you work for a company that doesn't make enough money to support itself then you're setting yourself up for the inevitable day when they can't afford to pay for you either.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
they actually can pay for it, they just choose not to.

but anyway, I applaud these people for standing up for themselves

It's not an injustice. Public companies post their numbers every quarter. Toys R us has been saying for years that we're not making any money and losing ground to digital games and etc.

If you work for a company that doesn't make enough money to support itself then you're setting yourself up for the inevitable day when they can't afford to pay for you either.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
it’s the principal of the matter at hand

workers are thrown out on their asses out of the blue with nothing to show for it but stress and a bad back and rent due

meanwhile the wealthy cacs are kicking back dumping the spoils of their labor into the trust funds of their children who will never have to work a day in their life

fukk that

fight however for what is yours.

think rich ass cacs are sweating 20 million dollars. That's a rounding error to them

:francis:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
The world would be a better place if people like you didn't exist. What do you gain out of arguing that a company in liquidation should not honour its commitments to its former employees.

People like you contribute towards the gap between the rich and the poor because you are too spineless to demand more.

Quite the opposite, the world would be a better place if people like you didn't exist. You want to live in a capitalist society and demand everyone play fair and live by the honor system. You want some company that might not be here in 50 years to be held personally responsible for the rest of your life because you're too lazy to take control of it.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Quite the opposite, the world would be a better place if people like you didn't exist. You want to live in a capitalist society and demand everyone play fair and live by the honor system. You want some company that might not be here in 50 years to be held personally responsible for the rest of your life because you're too lazy to take control of it.

:gucci:

Who is saying that the expectation is for the company to provide a lifetime of support? Your ilk loves to take things to extremes in order to justify your fearmongering.

When people sign an employment contract, there's, well an agreement. Those agreements cover pay the employees are entitled to when they are made redundant.

The company effectively owes them money by virtue of a mutual agreement. When the company's assets are liquidated, it is a debt that must be considered and honoured if possible. Why you think differently is confusing and shameful.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why exactly are they owed anything because the company folded?

the fukkin place didn't shut overnight. i can assume that they were given at least a month's notice that it was closing? i mean if my company sent some shyt out tomorrow and was like look, we're out of money and we're shutting down in a month, id be like alright :yeshrug: i need to look elsewhere

obviously it sucks, but companies fail all the time. no one is guaranteed a fukkin retail job

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
:gucci:

Who is saying that the expectation is for the company to provide a lifetime of support? Your ilk loves to take things to extremes in order to justify your fearmongering.

When people sign an employment contract, there's, well an agreement. Those agreements cover pay the employees are entitled to when they are made redundant.

The company effectively owes them money by virtue of a mutual agreement. When the company's assets are liquidated, it is a debt that must be considered and honoured if possible. Why you think differently is confusing and shameful.

If you think that they owe the employees money just imagine how much money they owe the lenders who were giving them money to pay for the employees in the first place. You don't want to do that though, because it's easier for you to relate to other poor people who mismanaged their future.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
If you think that they owe the employees money just imagine how much money they owe the lenders who were giving them money to pay for the employees in the first place. You don't want to do that though, because it's easier for you to relate to other poor people who mismanaged their future.
:skip:

I don't have to imagine what they owe other lenders but we have gotten to the root of the problem. You're just another mediocre fool who thinks siding with the rich puts him in a different boat.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
:skip:

I don't have to imagine what they owe other lenders but we have gotten to the root of the problem. You're just another mediocre fool who thinks siding with the rich puts him in a different boat.

Side with the rich? Toys R us is broke you fukking moron. :mjlol:

I side with logic. If the captain of the ship is saying that the ship is sinking over the loudspeaker every 5 minutes then maybe you should head to a lifeboat instead of blaming your bad life decisions on someone else.