Treat continuing to use Elon Musk's Twitter like a civil rights protest, Brehs and Brehettes

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

Like most users, Jackson quickly adapted to its rhythms, and found camaraderie among like-minded Black users, many of whom were forging what would soon be known as Black Twitter, the platform’s creative and cultural engine. What originally fascinated Jackson about the service—live-tweeting, bonding over shared experiences, and the audacious honesty of its users, several of whom were experimenting with new codes of expression—is also what has kept him on the platform as continued changes, from an increase in ads to the delegitimization of news, have soured its utility under the ownership of Elon Musk. “As insufferable as Twitter has become, it’s still very important,” he says. “When major events happen, whether it’s dealing with our nation, or even pop culture, Twitter is always my go-to source for real-time updates.”

The reported brain drain has seemed to have minimal consequence on the boulevard of Black Twitter, where members have a sense of ownership over the platform. “I’m not letting no white man run me off this app. We built this shyt, brick by brick,” user @fabfreshandfly tweeted recently.

“Some evidence suggests that the declines are mostly due to fewer new users joining the platform as opposed to longtime users abandoning it. X still seems to have quite a vibrant Black community, and I can’t say I’ve noticed fundamental shifts in its collective behavior.”

Fundamental shifts—no. What has occurred, instead, is a renewed emphasis on creating spaces of mundane connection within the platform’s increasingly disordered ecosystem. “We are still here, thriving through the apocalypse by supporting each other and laughing at nonsense,” @PaperWhispers tweeted last week.

“Black Twitter is gatekeeping harder than ever, which I love. There’s a certain sector that does not allow Black Twitter to be infiltrated. I absolutely love when outsiders get whacked over the head, and everyone else just follows suit. We really are like a family.”

:skip: all this shyt to keep generating revenue for the richest racist in the world:snoop:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
No think pieces really needed. People are addicted to social media or value their following more than empower and generating revenue for a dude who views them as subhuman. Simple as that. Lack of personal discipline is the issue

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No think pieces really needed. People are addicted to social media or value their following more than empower and generating revenue for a dude who views them as subhuman. Simple as that. Lack of personal discipline is the issue
in all honestly, a shift is underway, slowly to other platforms.

Elon kicked off an inevitable decline. Others are on other platforms in a way that they were not last year.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Gatekeep actual things that give leverage, not an internet lunch table

Where was that gatekeeping when nikkas ran free ad campaigns for the chicken sandwich wars and made these companies millions? nikkas did a bags worth of advertising FOR FREE, for white corporate executives :mjlol:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
i deactivated mine. is there a permanent delete button like facebook has?

i guess i could try to get banned, or just stop logging in. im not that addicted to it, but it was useful for breaking events.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
If acting like a fakkit or angry woman online translated to productive strides for Black people, we'd have a majority Black government by now

Swear to god these terminally online cocksuckers are so insufferable, speaking of...

in all honestly, a shift is underway, slowly to other platforms.

Elon kicked off an inevitable decline. Others are on other platforms in a way that they were not last year.

English please, I don't understand Hindi

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are mostly lazy about stuff that. You would have to have a twitter change rally and hire staff to register people for another site