Trump indictment leads to huge lead over Desantis in primary polls, no movement in general election

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Trump won the Independent vote over Clinton in 2016.

Don't think because DeSantis is an extremist that he won't be able to come off as presentable to Independents. As a I said before, voters are stupid.
Lol Hillary was a historically bad candidate this is some completely different shyt. I'm going to have to disagree.

RickyDiBiase

The Health Inspector
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Establishment wants Desantis. Biden getting his second term is all that can come from any infighting. :lolbron: I know deep down the right wishes they'd never met Trump. Can't say it publicly though.

The economic got different plans for Biden

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Lol Hillary was a historically bad candidate this is some completely different shyt. I'm going to have to disagree.
She still should have won the Independent vote. As bad as she was, Trump was an extremist and morally bankrupt candidate. Trump literally said he wanted to ban all Muslims from coming into the US during the primary. The grab em by the p*ssy tape came out right before the general election. All that should have sunk him with Independents. Instead he still won Independents.

Mind you, these Independents I'm talking about are white people. They see economic issues and age first over race and extremism. DeSantis extremist record won't matter against Biden. Besides the things I listed about age, if Inflation is still a problem, that will help DeSantis and hurt Biden with Independents in the main election.

Never trust white people to do the right thing for an extended period of time.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
He's right. DeSantis will get 300 Electoral Votes on Biden. He's 45 years old and Biden is 80. Biden's age would be a much bigger issue against DeSantis than Trump. Independents soured on Trump, but would pick DeSantis over Biden because a)Biden's old, b)DeSantis is young and America likes youth, c)They are stupid enough to believe DeSantis isn't dangerous.

I don't think the Manhattan DA did this for the national Democrat party, but I do think he's using this to make a name for himself and potentially run for NY Attorney General down the line. Or maybe he's hoping to be selected as US Attorney for one of the NYC Federal Districts. He did kind of campaign on holding Trump accountable before he was elected DA. A little too political for my tastes. MAGA has ran with that narrative and said he campaigned on getting Trump before he was elected therefore he came into the investigation with a bias.
Desantis ain’t been doing so hot with the national spotlight on him. Probably not time to crown him just yet.

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
Not shocked. Republicans need to get over the fact that Trump blew the lid off of how corrupt and sub-fascisr conservatism really is.

If Desantis wants that nomination putting on a cheeky smile and and calling liberals "woke mobs" ain't enough. He's gotta do something nuts. He gotta state unequivocally that Biden is not President of the United States. He has to endorse the proud boys (if he hasnt already). He has to ban Black Lives Matter. Maybe get his wife pregnant and cheat on her. Tell his supporters to storm and burn down Disneyland. Refuse to cooperate with law enforcement on arresting Trump while claiming to be a strong supporter for law enforcement at the same time.

Being a corrupted, nutjob bigot who will do everything but serve the American people is practically a requirement to get elected to this party nowadays.

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
just a theory, but I think the dems are doing this on purpose so that Trump is the nominee again
its a weak case and Trump will beat it
Desantis will crush biden
however, trump is so disliked, Biden still has an excellent chance

No he really would not....

Desantis is just like Trump, a hard right wing aspiring fascist extremist who hates everyone other than white people and has absolutely NO appeal outside of his close minded base and party. None.

I use to think DeSantis was a smarter and mire refined Trump but I was wrong. The more this guy opens his mouth the more he reveals himself to every bit as much a simple minded and incompetent narcissist who makes poor short sighted decisions with little regard for laws, has absolutely no policy vision other than banning shyt and turning America into a White-Christian ethno state, and requires an adoring public clapping like circus seals and an unchallenged platform to look good, but will never engage outside of that.

Except Trump was at least smart enough to capture some celebrity, pop culture appeal that (really stupid) people, including non-Republicans bought into. Even Biden has some popular appeal as a funny and relatable old guy, and a meme online. Imagine DeSantis even trying to crack a good joke. Imagine if it was your job to somehow make this stuck up missionary look like someone fun. He has no personality other than shouting about wokes, blacks, and gays like a fascist leader, and thats not gonna help when the economy is doing better next year. Ain't no one excited about this smug old stiff except corny white bread Christians and immature homophobes.

When inflation has come all the way down, we are through with covid restrictions, jobs are continuing to grow, tons of bills that helped restore things can be touted by this administration, do you think some blubbering MAGA idiot with the most punchable face in politics emulating Trump's pompous style, rallies and extremism, defending Trumps failures and criminality to no end, sticks up for his lies, acts like the failures of this party doesn't exist, has no accomplishments whatsoever other than "people love Florida" and spreading a bunch of archaic fear mongering about various Americans is gonna easily win?

The man has made it very clear that as President he will model his administration entirely on the failed Trump administration that no one except hard-core fascists liked. Every bit as corrupt, untrustworthy, arrogant, narrow minded, and draconian. Only thing missing will be the idiotic tweeting.

Yall gotta stop listening to Fox News and social media mouth breathers. Joe Biden is not this wildly unpopular President and his administration issucceeding on nearly every front. And DeSantis is not this wildly loved politician people are eager to see run the country.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I threw political polls in the bushes in 2016 :trash:

Didn't those shyts say we were gonna get a red wave a few months ago too

.538 before election day said the polls put the midpoint prediction of House at about 229 seats. They gave a 30% chance the Republicans would win 222 or fewer seats (which is what they got). Senate control prediction was basically 50-50 guess.

So no, the polls were not that far off. Just like 2016, people need to realize that when someone predicts that a person has a 70% chance of winning, that also means they have a 30% chance of losing. The average person is VERY bad at internalizing statistical probability and thus they tend to treat 70% more like 95% and feel cheated when the underdog predictably wins damn near 30% of the time.

Polls the last 8 years don't seem to be as predictable as they were the 3-4 cycles before that. But just ignoring them is silly. The way Dems were talking with abortion enthusiasm and all those shytty Republican candidates, without polls y'all might have come into the election expecting Democratic wins.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
just a theory, but I think the dems are doing this on purpose so that Trump is the nominee again
its a weak case and Trump will beat it
Desantis will crush biden
however, trump is so disliked, Biden still has an excellent chance

With Georgia and D.C. cases coming too, I really doubt the Dems are going to pull a move like that. Controlling a state investigation for political purposes would be corrupt as fukk and risky as fukk and they don't need it. The # of people who would have to come together to make that call is too many.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

He's right. DeSantis will get 300 Electoral Votes on Biden. He's 45 years old and Biden is 80. Biden's age would be a much bigger issue against DeSantis than Trump. Independents soured on Trump, but would pick DeSantis over Biden because a)Biden's old, b)DeSantis is young and America likes youth, c)They are stupid enough to believe DeSantis isn't dangerous.

The election is 19 months away, no one has any clue what will happen in the general. You don't know what the economy will be like, you don't know what the candidates' health will be like, you don't know what global political situation will be, you don't know what missteps or wins various candidates will have between now and then. DeSantis has never ran a national election, he could be a complete Jeb Bush level flop on that stage.

After 2008, 2016, 2020, and 2022, people need to stop thinking they can predict this shyt years in advance. As of today, Trump feels like he has a lower ceiling for general election support than Desantis does, for obvious reasons. But we don't actually know jack shyt about whether Biden would beat both of them or neither of them.

That said I don't see how trump could possible win ANYONE more over when it comes to the general

Trump doesn't need to win more over, he got plenty of votes in 2020. Trump just needs to hope that Biden's turnout is depressed, for example if the economy sucks or if Biden looks senile by the time the election rolls around. Less mail-in voting alone could hurt Biden's turnout if enthusiasm isn't high. And then Trump does also have to hope that his old-ass bad-health supporters don't too many die before then.