Trump unveiling merit based Immigration policy

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not going to pass anyway, people will complain that it discriminates against Latin America. There are actually lots of educated people there, but they seem to have less interest in migrating to the US compared to the underclass.
:dead: at the idea of a country's immigration policy discriminating. a country doesn't owe anyone outside the country a fukkin thing :why:

i could waltz my ass up to canada right now and ask to be let in, and they wouldn't owe me a fukkin thing. they could pick whatever reason they want not to let me in, and it doesnt matter because it's THEIR decision. i dont understand this bullshyt :mindblown:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Nigerians:
GrayOptimalCaudata-size_restricted.gif

sean360

Pro
Daps
the argument against this is what? some democrat actors crying on CNN? :mjlol:
the argument is that if all the immigrants you take are young and with degrees, the middle and upper class people will then have 1/more composition 2/reduction in wage of certain jobs since their is more people in the field and the immigrant might take less dollars 3/immigration already take a lot of low skill work, now they will take highly skilled workers, so basically the rich keeps on benefiting and everyone else suffer.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Nah, this is just going to be an open door to Asia and Africa. shyt, the fifth-graders from a bunch of East Asian countries are better at math than our adults.

African immigrants who come here almost always invest in businesses and create jobs in my experience, from across the continent. This is going to keep out a bunch of illiterate Eastern Europeans, though.
According to studies Africans that migrate to USA...have more degrees than their European counterparts

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
The Bangladeshi woman that works with me told me that her masters degree in electrical engineering cost her $5k in her home country.

How in the fukk are you gonna compete against somebody like that? With the money she make, her degree paid for itself in two months.:francis: I'll give it to her though, she out here on the grind pulling mad side income teaching and doing network/IT services for small businesses in the area.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Bangladeshi woman that works with me told me that her masters degree in electrical engineering cost her $5k in her home country.

How in the fukk are you gonna compete against somebody like that? With the money she make, her degree paid for itself in two months.:francis: I'll give it to her though, she out here on the grind pulling mad side income teaching and doing network/IT services for small businesses in the area.
that sounds like someone who should be at the top of the list to me :yeshrug:

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
the argument is that if all the immigrants you take are young and with degrees, the middle and upper class people will then have 1/more composition 2/reduction in wage of certain jobs since their is more people in the field and the immigrant might take less dollars 3/immigration already take a lot of low skill work, now they will take highly skilled workers, so basically the rich keeps on benefiting and everyone else suffer.

This right here. College degrees are already getting less value, you have to compete with kids who have connections and now you gotta compete with other educated foreigners who have great work ethic and willing to work for less.

I think people really underestimate how many highly skilled, smart and educated people there are outside of the United States. Those same people are willing to take pay cuts for the chance at “opportunity”. That employment queue for skilled/educated jobs is insanely long: more than 900,000 educated people I think from only a handful of countries alone.

The policy also states there’s going to be zero change in the amount of immigrants let into the country. Only that they’re going to be smarter and more competitive. Plus they’re workhorses. Do you think 50-60 hours per week is a lot? They’ll up that ante and companies will expect you to follow suit.

Last edited: