Overall Rating

• Total voters

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I'm going to start this thread early because the Dreamer thread led to little discussion. Everyone agreed that he was garbage. :mjlol:

In the last evaluation, Tommy Dreamer got a score of 3.80.

TSC Evaluation #14: Tommy Dreamer

Scott Steiner: 8.67 TSC Evaluation #2: Scott Steiner
Terry Funk: 8.36 TSC Evaluation #11: Terry Funk
Vader: 8.26 TSC Evaluation #12: Vader
Rob Van Dam: 8.12 TSC Evaluation #9: Rob Van Dam
CM Punk: 8.00 TSC Evaluation #7: CM Punk
Goldberg: 7.47 TSC Evaluation #3: Goldberg
Roddy Piper: 7.44 TSC Evaluation #6: Roddy Piper
Sycho Sid: 6.77 TSC Evaluation #4: Sycho Sid / Sid Vicious
Ultimate Warrior: 6.65 TSC Evaluation #10: The Ultimate Warrior
D'Lo Brown: 6.56 TSC Evaluation #13: D'Lo Brown
Lex Luger: 5.90 TSC Evaluation #8: Lex Luger
Tazz: 5.84 TSC Evaluation #5: Tazz
Jeff Jarrett: 4.55 TSC Evaluation: Jeff Jarrett

If people have any requests for future wrestlers you want to see evaluated, let me know. I'll have one wrestler evaluated for each week every Thursday.

For Evaluation #16, it will be DDP.

Pending requests: Sting, Edge, Dusty Rhodes, Raven, Rick Rude, Ted DiBiase, Jake The Snake Roberts, Bam Bam Bigelow, Kurt Angle, Batista, Booker T, Billy Gunn, X-Pac, Chyna, Kane, Undertaker, Big Show, Rikishi, Mr. Perfect, Andre the Giant, Owen Hart, Chris Kanyon, Mike Awesome, The Godfather, Val Venis, Big Boss Man, JBL, Jerry Lawler, Junkyard Dog, Harley Race, Stan Hansen, Sgt. Slaughter, Eddie Guerrero, Christian
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xg1yrof.jpg

Major accomplishments

Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
Mexican National Trios Championship (1x) – with Octagón and Super Muñeco
Mexican National Welterweight Championship (1x)
Lucha Libre World Cup (2015) – with Myzteziz and El Patrón Alberto
AAA Hall of Fame (Class of 2007)
Técnico of the Year (2015)

DDT Pro-Wrestling
Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (1x)

Destiny Wrestling
Destiny Championship (1x)

Hollywood Heavyweight Wrestling
HHW Light Heavyweight Championship (1x)

International Wrestling All-Stars
IWAS Tag Team Championship (1x) – with Konnan

International Wrestling Council
IWC World Middleweight Championship (2x)

Lucha Underground
Lucha Underground Trios Championship (1x) – with Dragon Azteca Jr. and Prince Puma

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him 4 of the top 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1999
PWI ranked him 56 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003

World Championship Wrestling
WCW Cruiserweight Championship (5x)
WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship (1x) – with Billy Kidman
WCW World Tag Team Championship (3x) – with Billy Kidman (1), Konnan (1), and Juventud Guerrera (1)

World Wrestling Association
WWA Lightweight Championship (3x)
WWA Tag Team Championship (1x) – with Rey Misterio
WWA Welterweight Championship (3x)

World Wrestling Council
WWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship (1x)

World Wrestling Entertainment
World Heavyweight Championship (2x)
WWE Championship Tournament (2011)
WWE Championship (1x)
WWE Cruiserweight Championship (3x)
WWE Intercontinental Championship (2x)
WWE Tag Team Championship (4x) – with Edge (1), Rob Van Dam (1), Eddie Guerrero (1), and Batista (1)
Royal Rumble (2006)
-Holds record for longest time in a Royal Rumble match (62 minutes)
Twenty-first Triple Crown Champion

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
5 Star Match (1993) with Winners & Super Calo vs Psicosis, Heavy Metal, & El Picudo on an episode of AAA Sin Limite, January 29
5 Star Match (1995) vs Psicosis in a 2 out of 3 falls match at AAA live event in Mexico City, September 22
5 Star Match (1996) vs Juventud Guerrera in a 2 out of 3 falls match at ECW Big Ass Extreme Bash – Night 2, March 9
Best Flying Wrestler (1995–1997, 2002–2004)
Best Wrestling Maneuver (1995) West Coast Pop
Match of the Year (2002) with Edge vs. Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle, for the WWE Tag Team Championship, WWE No Mercy, October 20
Most Outstanding Wrestler (1996)
Rookie of the Year (1992)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2010)

Other accomplishments
Tijuana Sports Hall of Fame (Class of 2006)

With a scale of 1-10 how would you rate Rey Mysterio Jr. in these categories:

-Mic work/promos

-Personality/gimmicks

-Ring work (along with some of your favorite matches/feuds)

-Overall rating (which doesn't have to be an average of the above scores)

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I think like Steiner, Mysterio has to be broken down into two eras - pre and post 2003, roughly

Pre 2003 an easy 10, dude did things not seen before or after, and was insanely good as a high-flying cruiserweight who broke down barriers about height in wrestling. Always enjoyed watching him in WCW and ECW

Post 2003 I never gave a fukk about him, got a world title run because his friend died but was the biggest bytch-booked champion ever :manny:

Pre 2003 10
Post 2003 6

Overall 8, though I feel like it should be a 9 based on how good he was pre 2003

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Mic work/promos
  • 2 - very held back here, but he didn't need to say much.
-Personality/gimmicks
  • 7 - his underdog swag was unmatched and he play the "I'm just a little guy with a big heart" well. Wcw was criminal for taking his mask. I'd give him a 9 if not some of those goofy WrestleMania costumes.
  • 9, knocking on 10. He turned the cruiserweights from CDQ to:krs: status on 96/97 nitro. He was a great worker with crisp high spots and the way he sold is pretty underrated. He took a beat down like a champ. A goat hot-tag too. And 619 was over like rover.
  • Best feuds - wcw vs konan, Eddy, WWE vs Batista, Eddy, and in both he had great matches va Chavo.
Overall

8. I'd say 9 but the people I also give 9s (Jericho, angle, etc) he is just below that.

James Dean

All Star
Daps
-Mic work/promos 3.

-Personality/gimmicks 8. What he had worked. It worked well.

-Ring work (along with some of your favorite matches/feuds) 9. Going to rate overall here. Be fair. Rey is a freaking ring legend for his style. WCW Rey was innovative and I think his WCW work is still underrated. As time goes on, he gradually fell off with only a few great spurts here and there but overall the guy is one of the GOATs.

Rey Malenko. Rey Eddie. Rey Jericho. Classics.

-Overall rating (which doesn't have to be an average of the above scores) 9.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
the only cruiserweight i ever took seriously against the bigger guys. he could come at you from any direction and pull off just about anything. dude was a real deal superhero out there.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
-Mic work/promos - 4

I really didn't like to hear him talk. His promos were cliched underdog verbiage and weren't delivered terribly well. I never watched him for his mic work and his in-ring skill more than made up for his mic weakness, but yeah. Not a good promo.

-Personality/gimmicks - 7

His underdog/high flyer schtick worked, he was always over. His Filthy Animals run was fun, too bad he didn't have opportunities like that to show his personality in WWE like that. Not much for me to write here.

-Ring work (along with some of your favorite matches/feuds) - 9

He was truly revolutionary in the ring and innovative back in ECW and WCW. Even his early WWE years had the same brilliance, but a combo of working that style over a long time and aging wore him down. Could still go, albeit slower. His work with Psychosis, Malenko, Eddy, Jericho, Punk, Cody, the SD Six stuff, there's so much of his stuff that's so fun to go back and rewatch.

-Overall rating (which doesn't have to be an average of the above scores) - 8

I'm really 8 leaning towards 9 here. His early work is so strong that it really makes up for his other weaknesses or later (inevitable) fall off. I haven't really seen anything he's done post WWE. A true legend, and it's really a shame his WWE career ended how it did, with a whimper and not a bang.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I would say 8.5, leaning toward 8.... his mic work and personality/gimmicks are both below 5, but it was never really about his gimmick, he revolutionized cruiserweight wrestling in America and was the best in the world for quite a period of time.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Rey was doing some incredible shyt in the 90s before he kept hurting his knees. Rey/Eddie at Halloween Havoc is still an all time classic. Everything about him changed after knee injuries and losing the mask, but once he came into WWE, he had a solid 8 years straight of being a top 2-3 worker in the company. Just an incredible record of high level consistency matched by very few ever in any company. As important and game changing to cruiser/junior style (especially in NA) as Tiger Mask, imo.

I give him a 9 because his promos weren't shyt, but they never needed to be and they really had little to no importance on any of his feuds/matches. Dude was THE MASTER at doing all of his flippy dippies but making you care about them in the context of the match and his character. He was doing shyt 20 years ago that will still make you :ohhh: even in an era where the indies seem to be mostly about how many flips and crazy shyt you can do.

rana.gif

bulldog.gif

Rey+Mysterio+arm+drags+Eddie+Guerrero.gif
Rey+Mysterio+backflip+DDT+to+Eddie+Guerrero.gif
Rey+Mysterio+dive+rana+to+Eddie+Guerrero.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Just like Scott Steiner, Rey was amazing in his prime...the injuries left him a shell of himself. its sad in a way

Mic work/promos
  • ]im going to pick N/A because I honestly dont remember any promo that he did. He was one of the few wrestlers I felt this wasn't necessary because his ring work and the "david and goliath" factor carried him and his feuds
-Personality/gimmicks
  • 9 - the ultimate underdog and was never a point where he wasn't super over
  • 9.5 He was incredible and stood out even in the amount of insane talent that roamed the cruiserweight division in the latter half of the 90s in WCW. His matches with Dean Malenko even today leave me :wow: and :mindblown:...and then in the land of the giants that is the WWE he was still pretty damned good. But the injuries got to him though :francis:

Overall - an easy 9.5....if he was a more competent promo, I would have gone full monty on him. Legendary luchador

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Wasn't sure whether to give him an 8 or a 9, so I just went with a 9 cause he was easily a top 3 WCW guy for me, and one of the first WCW guys I really latched on to way back. he wasn't very good at promos, sometimes even hokey as shyt (especially in the WWE), but his point always got across, and you really just wanted to see him in the ring. he has tons of classics in pretty much every fed he's been in, had dope attires, great move-set, cool themes here and there, and overall I have a very positive outlook on him. The only negatives I have honestly are just do to longevity. Late in his WWE career, through injuries (and obvious PED usage), he started looking pretty :flabbynsick:, especially his last WWE go around. I remember when he was drafted to Raw, and he had such an underwhelming run, that I think he went back to SD like never ever happened. But after that, it was dope that he was able to rebound in LUCHA UNDERGROUND and put on one of my favorite matches of the year with Prince Puma. Rey had so many good to great matches in his career, even during his down time. HBK, Punk, Eddie, Morrison, Angle at No Way Out, teaming with Kidman, vs Dean Malenko, Jericho, put over Del Rio huge in his debut, and a host of others matches. Wish he was never unmasked, but that did lead to him showing some more personality early as women loved him, and it led to that dope Filthy Animals theme (Psycho??). Another salute to one of my faves ever :salute:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

trash ass finisher, nikkas just magically falling in between the ropes, :flabbynsick: as hell, nikka couldn't even take his shirt off, lightweight forced, should have never been more than intercontinental/us champ. this dude worst than Cena to me.

saw some of his wcw shyt and was disgusted by how lazy he got. wwe Rey was a lazy slob.