Twin girl, 19, stabbed to death after identical sisters were knifed outside Brooklyn bodega 'after rejecting attacker's advances

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Twin girl, 19, stabbed to death after identical sisters were knifed outside Brooklyn bodega 'after rejecting attacker's advances' as police hunt for jilted suspect​

By Dominic Yeatman For Dailymail.Com 20:55 EDT 17 Mar 2024 , updated 01:07 EDT 18 Mar 2024
82578703-0-image-a-33_1710722309155.jpg

• Samyia and Sanyia Spain, 19, were harassed at the deli on Sunday morning
  • Both NYC women were stabbed by the man. Samyia died from her wounds
An identical twin teenage girl has died after being stabbed outside a New York City bodega by an attacker who had tried to make advances on her.

The twin girls had been partying with friends when they went to the deli in the early hours of the morning. They rejected the attacker's romantic advances before he stabbed them both, according to witnesses.

'He had a knife in his hand and was saying, 'I'm gonna stab y'all in the face,' heartbroken Sanyia told the Daily News after being released from hospital.

'I'm telling everyone to back up. And he pushed little Samyia to the ground.

Samyia Spain was enjoying a night out with her identical twin sister Sanyia when she was fatally attacked at a bodega in her native Brooklyn

Samyia Spain was enjoying a night out with her identical twin sister Sanyia when she was fatally attacked at a bodega in her native Brooklyn
The store in Park Slope was the scene of another notorious murder just three years ago when Latisha Bell, 38, shot dead her girlfriend of 20 years, Nichelle Thomas, 52, in broad daylight

The store in Park Slope was the scene of another notorious murder just three years ago when Latisha Bell, 38, shot dead her girlfriend of 20 years, Nichelle Thomas, 52, in broad daylight
Both women were taken to New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital where Samyia was declared dead and her sister remains in a stable condition

Both women were taken to New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital where Samyia was declared dead and her sister remains in a stable condition
The pair are thought to have been in the same club as their attacker and an accomplice earlier in the evening before they were followed to the store which was heaving with late-night revelers.

As they waited to be served a friend told Sanyia that a man was talking to her sister.

'I grabbed her phone and I was like, 'Come with me, come with me',' Sanyia said.

'I was like, 'Why are you talking to that boy?' She said, 'I don't want to talk to that boy.''

Sanyia said her sister refused to give him her telephone number but gave him her Instagram handle instead.

'She said she wasn't going to follow him back,' Sanyia recounted. 'That's it. She said no.'

Moments later the mood became ugly as the man returned to the store.

'He pushed little Samyia, and then I pushed him,' Sanyia said, 'And then everybody else started pushing him out the door.'

A knife was pictured in a cordoned off area of the bloodstained street in the aftermath

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps

Sad shyt. Men out here being emotional losers.

Edit: it was only 3 days ago

Last edited:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Knew it was gonna be a tether before I even clicked the thread.
:stopitslime:Man im from Atlanta (not a tether or whatever goofy term you want to use)..Can y’all stop with this lame ass dumb shyt. As if our people (born and raised here) ain’t committing the same exact crimes. “Tether” grow up. nikkas is killing they baby mammas , innocent people , raping and murdering old ladies and children.. You are being disingenuous

Last edited: