U.S. women's soccer demands for equal pay rejected by judge

FukkaPaidEmail

Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
He is also bagging on the MLS for having to bring in foreigners but no one gives a damn at all about the USA women's soccer league. I had to google the name of it just now.

I'll admit that the stadium looks empty when I go to Dynamo games, but I'm sure it's even worse when the Dash play.
Facts

No idea what the Dash is btw :skip:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
If you outperform a contract, should you not have the right to change or adjust it? We are talking about sports contract which are adjusted all the time.
:gucci:

No, it's a contract. Unless you have some kind of leverage or bargaining chip you can use then just have to live with it.

And their only bargaining chip was public sympathy and empty media platitudes which don't work in court :manny:

It's not like they can decide to hold out and then play for Latvia in two years
0ef90322cbd73d73d046272a59136fff-3.png

concise

Veteran
Daps
If it wasn’t true, then is US men’s soccer intent on having David Beckham and Zlatan to help increase the marketability and popularity of soccer here in the US. They don’t have the star power than women’s soccer do even as they bring in more revenue than the women. It’s also the reason why they hyped up Freddy Adu the way that they did.

Revenue doesn’t equate to popularity.

"Star power that the women do" :heh:
Women's soccer here only matters during the World Cup and Olympics. Lots of Olympics sports get high ratings only during that period and struggle any other time.

Gymnastics, swimming, and track get high ratings during the Olympics also. Why not pay them more also?

The attendance for their actual league is still tiny, still worse than what MLS had in the pre-Beckham days. And they've had several leagues fold during the time period since MLS started. If their star power meant anything, the men would have had 3 or 4 different leagues appear and fold in the past 25 years while the women's league would still be standing strong.

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the revenue for men's soccer, vs women's?

I don't know if your question is rhetorical but on a global level it's not even close. One match day globally for the men's game probably makes more than the women's game does in years.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't know if your question is rhetorical but on a global level it's not even close. One match day globally for the men's game probably makes more than the women's game does in years.

I'm not in tune with the revenue side of this, I'm not trying to troll or something. When you say globally are you talking about the US team when they play abroad? I'm curious what the numbers are.

It seems like the US women's team is more popular domestically, but that money must not match what the US team makes globally in what is essentially a jobber role of getting embarrassed by international teams. My view is the same for any sport...this isn't charity or a social experiment. NBA players get paid signifigantly more than WNBA players because the league is astronomically more popular. Whereas virtually nobody gives a fukk about the WNBA, it has no real social media presence, TV ratings are bad, etc. It literally only exists because the NBA subsidizes it. Flip side IF the US women's soccer team was a higher earner than men's soccer, of course they should be paid more. But from the sounds of it, that's not the case - they don't earn more revenue.