U.S. women's soccer demands for equal pay rejected by judge

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not in tune with the revenue side of this, I'm not trying to troll or something. When you say globally are you talking about the US team when they play abroad? I'm curious what the numbers are.

It seems like the US women's team is more popular domestically, but that money must not match what the US team makes globally in what is essentially a jobber role of getting embarrassed by international teams. My view is the same for any sport...this isn't charity or a social experiment. NBA players get paid signifigantly more than WNBA players because the league is astronomically more popular. Whereas virtually nobody gives a fukk about the WNBA, it has no real social media presence, TV ratings are bad, etc. It literally only exists because the NBA subsidizes it. Flip side IF the US women's soccer team was a higher earner than men's soccer, of course they should be paid more. But from the sounds of it, that's not the case - they don't earn more revenue.

My post was referring to the men's game generally, not just the US men's team specifically.

Traditionally, national teams are funded by their governing body. For example, the England team is governed by the Football Association which is the governing body in England for the sport. The governing body will make money by way of prize money, gate receipts, broadcasting revenue shares etc, from friendly matches and international tournaments which are determined by their confederation. England are in the UEFA confedation so they have regional tournaments like European championships every 4 years, and global competitions like the World Cup every 4 years that are held so there's a major tournament every 2 years. USA are in the CONCACAF federation with Mexico and some other traditionally bullshyt teams from their region and their bullshyt competitions. All this is overseen at the top level by FIFA.

The governing body will also usually make money from their domestic leagues, depending on rights and who actually runs the competions. Continuing the England example.. their governing body operate the FA Cup, the oldest cup competition in the sport and Wembley Stadium that hosts concerts, boxing and sports events etc. All in I think England's FA have a turnover of around $500 million a year. In the US United States Soccer Federation sanction the MLS but with the MLS as a private company so I don't know how the revenue works. I guess it's similar to the English domestic league, the Premier League, which is the most watched league in the world and generates the most TV and ad revenue in the world. Most is kicked back to domestic teams in prize money and tv revenue share etc. As a side note, just the top domestic league in England, the Premier League, has a turnover of over $3 billion a year.

But to bring it back around full circle, England players get paid a couple of thousand dollars per match they play in but they don't keep that, instead donating the money to charity. So really the women's US team are fukking lucky to be getting what they get and should really just shut the fukk up. If you're that good and deserve that much money, compete in the men's league.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The women going for the CBA they did was smart. Women's soccer is niche as fukk with little to no stability and hard to make a living off of

On the men's side, you get paid if you get called up. If you don't, then tough shyt. The women wanted none of that

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The men’s team is dog shyt. I didn’t know all the facts, those bull dykes accomplished what the men never will and I was under the impression that they were getting ho’d on the money end

turns out they willingly Pippen’d themselves? :huhldup: