UFC 219 [12/30] "Like A Sheep She Was Led To Slaughter" (Cyborg/Holm, Barboza/Khabib, Condit/Magny)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:patrice: That shyt is good but she telegraphs the fukk outta her strikes. By the 3rd, cyborg was timing counters against Holly's grunting n shyt.

And she was circling the wrong way the entire fight
It wasn't her telegraphing it was more of the fact she didn't mix up her strikes

All she kept doing was the one-two headkick combo and afterwhile Cyborg knew it was coming and timed her..

And a southpaws best offensive strike is a straight left.. And their biggest weakness is a straight right and cyborg had enough boxing knowledge to actually know that and started tagging holms with it.

And her "grunts" are breathing techniques everybody who boxing usually does some version of it. That had nothing to do with telegraphing, she was controlling her breathing when she threw

I agree with her circling the wrong way but Cyborg gets a lot of credit for cutting off the ring and making her have to circle left unless she wants to get pinned. Cyborgs boxing is pretty decent. I give Holly credit for moving her feet and Cyborg credit for stalking her and staying poised while cutting off the ring

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Do you want to see irreparable damage? Shes lucky she was able to leave that fight on her own. Throwing her against cyborg again wont sell for shyt business wise and from a human standpoint why do that to holly. Another fight like that could destroy her both psychologically/physically

She's been in combat sports for 20 years if she wants the rematch that's her and UFC call.

Either way she'll be fine.

Like Floyd said. It's the hurt business. They know what they sign up for. I'm all for fighter safety but you ain't get in that sport to not get hurt. It's the risk and reward of it.

Dale Earnhardt made a boatload of doe driving cars 100+ miles per hour but there's a risk of dying. He did, I feel horrible and they should all make saftey improvements to make sure things like that are reduced but that's always a possibility.

You take that risk when you box, play football etc. You should make your own judgements or retire or decline if you wanna make other decisions. That's what their team, manager etc is for. Not me.

If there's medical negligence or fraud by all means as is the case in the NFL concussions or Mago in boxing but....it sounds cold you signed up for that shyt. No one needs a damn PHD to know getting punched in the face for a living can shorten your life.

Don't get it twisted if I don't want anyone to take unneeded punishment for my entertainment if they are incapable.

How many folks felt bad on here when dude from China fell off that roof? He got fame but he paid the price. Came with the territory. Don't mean it's not sad but you willingly did it.

Last edited:

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
She's been in combat sports for 20 years if she wants the rematch that's her and UFC call.

Either way she'll be fine.

Like Floyd said. It's the hurt business. They know what they sign up for. I'm all for fighter safety but you ain't get in that sport to not get hurt. It's the risk and reward of it.

Dale Earnhardt made a boatload of doe driving cars 100+ miles per hour but there's a risk of dying. He did, I feel horrible and they should all make saftey improvements to make sure things like that are reduced but that's always a possibility.

You take that risk when you box, play football etc. You should make your own judgements or retire or decline if you wanna make other decisions. That's what their team, manager etc is for. Not me.

If there's medical negligence or fraud by all means as is the case in the NFL concussions or Mago in boxing but....it sounds cold you signed up for that shyt. No one needs a damn PHD to know getting punched in the face for a living can shorten your life.

Don't get it twisted if I don't want anyone to take unneeded punishment for my entertainment if they are incapable.

How many folks felt bad on here when dude from China fell off that roof? He got fame but he paid the price. Came with the territory. Don't mean it's not sad but you willingly did it.

sometimes u gotta protect fighters from themselves

the reason they alotta these ppl are fighters is cuz they have too much heart for their own good

i feel like more trainers should throw in the towel, when its a wrap

personally, if i was barbosa's corner i wouldve thrown that towel in, he was taking too much unnecessary damage

holly might be the same

some people only know how to fight, and will fight til they die

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Glad my brother Khabib is byke but more importantly he's got himself a proper nutritionist and altered his training style :mjcry: :banderas:

He's coming to snatch more souls in April :demonic:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
It wasn't her telegraphing it was more of the fact she didn't mix up her strikes

All she kept doing was the one-two headkick combo and afterwhile Cyborg knew it was coming and timed her..

And a southpaws best offensive strike is a straight left.. And their biggest weakness is a straight right and cyborg had enough boxing knowledge to actually know that and started tagging holms with it.

And her "grunts" are breathing techniques everybody who boxing usually does some version of it. That had nothing to do with telegraphing, she was controlling her breathing when she threw

I agree with her circling the wrong way but Cyborg gets a lot of credit for cutting off the ring and making her have to circle left unless she wants to get pinned. Cyborgs boxing is pretty decent. I give Holly credit for moving her feet and Cyborg credit for stalking her and staying poised while cutting off the ring
You don't agree that her version of tennis grunting is giving away her winding up for strikes? Felt like cyborg used that shyt to predict and land counters :manny:.

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
Would anybody buy this shirt.:huhldup:
thumb.aspx

MF budz

All Star
Daps
No one at 155 is stopping khabib. Straiggt up if he stays healthy its a wrap for years.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You don't agree that her version of tennis grunting is giving away her winding up for strikes? Felt like cyborg used that shyt to predict and land counters :manny:.
The judges seem to like it. They gave her 2 rounds for landing fukk all and pressing Cyborg into the cage in between getting her ass kicked.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
No

Thats not what it was. It was her lack of mixing her combos up imo. Once it was clear thats what she was going to throw Cyborg just timed it

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
Khabib is a beast. That was one of the worst beatings i have ever seen. Barbosa had 0 offense and could do nothing to stop it, it was crazy

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Khabib is a beast. That was one of the worst beatings i have ever seen. Barbosa had 0 offense and could do nothing to stop it, it was crazy

I'm still at awe at how Edson was just powerless. Should have been over after the 1st round. I admit I never saw Khabib fight, my homeboy always told me dude was a beast. If he gets Conor it's a wrap for the Irish dude

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
If u got great speed, that stuff will never matter. Great timing too. The sounds won't affect accuracy.