UFC 269 On ESPN+ PPV [12/11] “Blood Diamond” (Oliveira/Poirier, Nunes/Pena)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
I would honestly never bet on WMMA. I understand it's a marketing thing, but being the GOAT of something that has no history or has even been around for any meaningful amount of time is :shaq2:

Like the "GOAT" before her was Ronda who they put on a Boxing magazine with 0 boxing skills.

Shout outs to Amanda for the wins she's amassed because she still has to go out there and perform but shyt is still way too volatile.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
It pains me to say this, because Tony is my personal favorite UFC fighter of the 2010's, and Charles is my second favorite UFC fighter of the 2010's. It was such a double edged sword watching Charles beat Tony.

But anyways...I agree. Charles is a much more calculated and disciplined fighter. I think a lot of people compare them because they both have similar body types and use a lot of sport BJJ techniques, and some flashy ones at that. Standing front headlocks into guillotine/darce/anaconda chains, omoplatas, heel hooks, leg entanglements, and things like this. They both get a lot of submissions by dropping people with strikes first or forcing panic shots from damage on the feet.

But beyond sharing a lot of similar techniques and being supremely creative, they are absolutely different. Charles has more dialed in basics and fundamentals. I think he's also a crisper striker, and even on the ground, he was calmy focused on controlling and going for subs carefully, while Tony was trying low percentage subs from the bottom of side control.

Charles is just more fundamentally sound and a bit less reckless. In his prime Tony was one of the most dangerous and exciting to ever to do it. But in hindsight I think he was always destined to burn out faster.
:mjcry:
Edit: How do you think Charles does against Islam?

Great post bro..

Haven't really seen him enough. That and I think his skill level is probably way beyond the folks he's faced so far, so I don't know how much that will really tell me tbh.

I'd want to see his training. That's one of the things that sold me on Khabib. If he's not only training as hard as Khabib, but going to war with Khabib during sparring sessions, I might go with Islam.

But based on what I think I know and what I have seen, I got Charles any time in 2022. 23 and beyond might be a different story.

profound

technique
Daps
i blame the nunes loss on that baby purchase.

she's in deep and enjoys it.

and she knew it was over and didnt even bother concealing it with her expression.

the sloppiest puncher taking out nunes :gucci::scust:

she didnt train but i dont think pena not looking like a threat was the sole reason.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Lmao @ Pena's striking
the ufc selling pena as a contender is a legit testament to their ability and willingness to market anyone
Looking like squash match already:mjlol:
Amanda started smiling after the first flurry of pitty pat punches she threw. :mjlol:
they're really trying to sell this. why do they act like amanda isnt a black belt. FOH

HHM-Julianna-Pena-Hero-GettyImages-1332589444.jpg

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not an excuse but Nunes had covid over the summer. she seemed off to me.

I hope Nunes retires, but I'm sure she'll need $$$ for her family.

Valentina has to be salivating right now.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
I would honestly never bet on WMMA. I understand it's a marketing thing, but being the GOAT of something that has no history or has even been around for any meaningful amount of time is :shaq2:

Like the "GOAT" before her was Ronda who they put on a Boxing magazine with 0 boxing skills.

Shout outs to Amanda for the wins she's amassed because she still has to go out there and perform but shyt is still way too volatile.

even with the men, the UFC is completely OUTRAGEOUS with throwing around the "GOAT" title ... basically anyone who defends the belt more than once is all of a sudden the "GOAT on UFC television :russ:

.... it's truly absurd and drastically cheapens the sport.