UFC 281 On ESPN+ PPV [11/12 @ 10 pm ET] “The Big Payback…Revenge” (Israel Adesanya/Alex Pereira)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Perriera is bigger and stronger, he forced Izzy into that position. Izzy's calf was compromised from early on and also shortly after he did the rollback. Izzy gave credits to Alex for checking those kicks.

It must be noted that Perriera was close to 30 lb heaver after the weight in. Perriera comes from the light heavyweight division as a kickboxer. So was his first MMA fight, which he lost. Dane stated that Alex is like a heavyweight when he's not in the train camp.

Perriera must have been, let me do cutting in MMA as I did with kickboxing and win all them matches. I think the next generation of fighters are going to be like Perriera, cutting down on weight for the fight and naturally being in a higher weight. He's actually a heavy light heavyweight.
If there would've been atleast 10-15s left in the first round Perrira would've been out of there, he was pretty much knocked out on his feet but it was the end of the round. Izzy leg was not compromised in the 4th which was where he really lost the fight. Alex played took the entire round off and izzy didn't take force the issue and figured he could coast in the 5th round.

Alex conserved his energy and pressed even more and izzy got saved by the ref. Because izzy defended the belt for so long he will get the rematch but I'm not sure I like his chances. I give usman a better chance than him.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Considering Usman's age and the already damages he has to his body it's not an option to fight someone like Perriera who came from the light heavyweight. Basically that's a difference in two weight classes. Alex did a cut for for the weight in again Izzy, but gained 13 pounds when he fought him. So most likely Alex was loosing water.
I hear you I only bring it up is because Usman didn’t wanna fight Izzy so he said he would go up to 205 to see how he would fair there. Well Alex is all of 205 basically so it would be a premiere challenge for usman. Thats if he gets past edwards

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
If there would've been atleast 10-15s left in the first round Perrira would've been out of there, he was pretty much knocked out on his feet but it was the end of the round. Izzy leg was not compromised in the 4th which was where he really lost the fight. Alex played took the entire round off and izzy didn't take force the issue and figured he could coast in the 5th round.

Alex conserved his energy and pressed even more and izzy got saved by the ref. Because izzy defended the belt for so long he will get the rematch but I'm not sure I like his chances. I give usman a better chance than him.
If I have to go with what Izzy himself said about his calf I have to go with him. It’s his calf after all.

Secondly, Alex looked exhausted after the 3rd round, with the grappling that pressured him.

I’ve been watching Dan Hardy. He did an awesome breakdown.

Most people said Izzy would out do Alex on the technical capabilities and Alex could win based on his strength.

It happened exactly that way. Izzy was leading in the score until Alex made history. Good for him!

Question is who can defeat him on strength, considering his actual wealth class. Perhaps some middleweight guys will start to use his tactic.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
I hear you I only bring it up is because Usman didn’t wanna fight Izzy so he said he would go up to 205 to see how he would fair there. Well Alex is all of 205 basically so it would be a premiere challenge for usman. Thats if he gets past edwards
Yes, you are right he did say that. And under any circumstance Usman would be a great candidate. But as I said Alex is actually a light heavyweight (on the small side), and when he’s out of the training camp and not in the cut, he’s actually a heavyweight (with a smaller frame). He’s just as heavy as Stipe Miočić.

:comeon:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If I have to go with what Izzy himself said about his calf I have to go with him. It’s his calf after all.

Secondly, Alex looked exhausted after the 3rd round, with the grappling that pressured him.

I’ve been watching Dan Hardy. He did an awesome breakdown.

Most people said Izzy would out do Alex on the technical capabilities and Alex could win based on his strength.

It happened exactly that way. Izzy was leading in the score until Alex made history. Good for him!

Question is who can defeat him on strength, considering his actual wealth class. Perhaps some middleweight guys will start to use his tactic.

Yeah its crazy that Alex can make weight like that. I stand by what I said before the fight. If Alex wins, given his age I don't see a long title run for him. Against a better grappler/submission artist I think Alex will lose.

Again Izzy held his own and for four rounds and he was on his way to a decision so I think he does deserve the immediate rematch next year.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
By this logic, Alex’s opponents should come over to the UFC… and write history

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Yeah its crazy that Alex can make weight like that. I stand by what I said before the fight. If Alex wins, given his age I don't see a long title run for him. Against a better grappler/submission artist I think Alex will lose.
That is was we all suspect. Izzy has learned how to avoid take downs. It begs for if Alex can learn this as quick for the next title defenses.

Again Izzy held his own and for four rounds and he was on his way to a decision so I think he does deserve the immediate rematch next year.

Yes, we suspected that Izzy would be the better and more experienced fighter. Too bad he got “cornered”.

I one way he does deserve the immediate rematch, in another way he needs to take time to resettle strategies and perhaps work on his weight and punching strength. Usman did it too.

It’s crazy how fast Alex was able to recover.

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
UFC had to bring in that ONE guy that can take out Adesanya to get them views up

I'm actually kinda glad because everyone was regarding him as some kind of demigod when in reality he was fighting subpar short guys and feeling himself a little too much

now they brought a real kickboxer in that matched him in size and had beaten him before

you could see Izyy was shook, none of his usual theatrics and foolery

lmao @ that cheapshot he took, you could clearly see he heard the bell and still took it just to inflict the damage

Rogan, Anik and DC all caping for him hard in the commentary all five rounds :mjlol:

in the end none of it mattered, bruh got beaten down, ref saved him from getting knocked flat out

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That is was we all suspect. Izzy has learned how to avoid take downs. It begs for if Alex can learn this as quick for the next title defenses.

Yes, we suspected that Izzy would be the better and more experienced fighter. Too bad he got “cornered”.

I one way he does deserve the immediate rematch, in another way he needs to take time to resettle strategies and perhaps work on his weight and punching strength. Usman did it too.

It’s crazy how fast Alex was able to recover.
I slightly disagree with you about Usman. Usman pretty much dominated every round with edwards. Even when edwards took him down he did no damage. Edwards was also loosing the 5th round bad and got off the luckiest kick of all time. Usman just needs to stay focus and move his head more. But I feel in the rematch he will get Edwards out early. That fight was not even competitive before the kick.

I feel izzy will get a rematch and get done worse. I just think Alex style matches too well for him.
UFC had to bring in that ONE guy that can take out Adesanya to get them views up

I'm actually kinda glad because everyone was regarding him as some kind of demigod when in reality he was fighting subpar short guys and feeling himself a little too much

now they brought a real kickboxer in that matched him in size and had beaten him before

you could see Izyy was shook, none of his usual theatrics and foolery

lmao @ that cheapshot he took, you could clearly see he heard the bell and still took it just to inflict the damage

Rogan, Anik and DC all caping for him hard in the commentary all five rounds :mjlol:

in the end none of it mattered, bruh got beaten down, ref saved him from getting knocked flat out
Yeah if you watch UFC fights without the commentary it will give you a different picture. Rogan has rubbed off on DC and he does the same. You can clearly see some of the bias in certain fights. Plus rogan wasn't going to bad mouth Izzy after izzy came to his defense with the whole "N word" scandal. Also izzy is a counter puncher but this fight and the one he had with Blachowicz, both times izzy was afraid of the power coming back and it cost him both times.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
I slightly disagree with you about Usman. Usman pretty much dominated every round with edwards. Even when edwards took him down he did no damage. Edwards was also loosing the 5th round bad and got off the luckiest kick of all time. Usman just needs to stay focus and move his head more. But I feel in the rematch he will get Edwards out early. That fight was not even competitive before the kick.
We weren't talking about Edwards, we were talking about Alex. Of course Usman dominated Edwards and Usman would have won, like Izzy.

In the cut Usman is 170 lb, but he's heavier when not cutting. Perhaps he can go with Alex based on this information. He probably will slow down a bit and will gain more strength to due muscle buildup.

Usman would give up two inches in height and reach but typically walks around between 190 and 200 pounds when not cutting weight.

Last edited: