UFC 302 On ESPN+ PPV [6/1 @ 10 pm ET] “Diamonds Are Forever” (Dustin Poirier/Islam Makhachev, Strickland/Costa)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
Islam didn't impress me. Great stand up and can wrestle you down but that killer instinct is missing.

I think it's easy to be critical of Islam, partly because he'll always be in Khabib's shadow and he's not on Khabib's level, but I give him credit for finding a way to pull it out. We've seen enough guys fold when a match tightens and he figured out how to close the door. That last takedown was impressive.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
images

Sometimes the kids gotta cry

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's easy to be critical of Islam, partly because he'll always be in Khabib's shadow and he's not on Khabib's level, but I give him credit for finding a way to pull it out. We've seen enough guys fold when a match tightens and he figured out how to close the door. That last takedown was impressive.

Yeah, man. That was crazy. Pulling that takedown, and securing the choke that efficiently that late into a fight isn't normal.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Islam didn't impress me. Great stand up and can wrestle you down but that killer instinct is missing.

In the 2nd and 3rd rounds he hurt Dustin’s upper inner thigh on one the times he was going for the one legged takedown but Dustin was stopping the takedowns but was compromised

Islam adjusted and for the last takedown he swung the compromised leg to get top position from there he got the choke and Dustin still went to sleep just after he tapped

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
In the fifth round though :patrice:

It's not like he didn't have chances early either.
I think thats more credit to Dustin, he survived those takedowns..when adversity hit and it was looking a little scary for Islam, he was able to turn it on and finish it. Definitely to learn from this fight

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Islam has way better striking than Khabib but his wrestling/grappling isn’t as dominant

Unsure tbh

I think he's more creative, but combining it with his gameplan looks eh at times. Khabib was a lot better with using it to open up opponents for an immediate takedown.

I need to see more