UFC 302 On ESPN+ PPV [6/1 @ 10 pm ET] “Diamonds Are Forever” (Dustin Poirier/Islam Makhachev, Strickland/Costa)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QBN

All Star
Daps
Imo Islam is actually less beatable than khabib. These guys just do everything different no kids, no women, no flashy nonsense just train hard 365.
They have women in that Islam & Khabib are both married (with kids) but I get what you mean. They live a strict Muslim life and don't get into any outside distractions. Just training and family life.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They have women in that Islam & Khabib are both married (with kids) but I get what you mean. They live a strict Muslim life and don't get into any outside distractions. Just training and family life.
That's mostly why Dana made his p4p comment afterwards, there not sexy fighters to promote they just handle business. Unpopular opinion but I think Islam dialed it back slightly in this match he could have choked Dustin earlier. I think he wants to avoid the criticism that khabib got about being boring and one dimensional

• Dap
Reactions: QBN

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
shyt aint a issue when you use brazillian jiujitsu

:wow:

In the words of the great Roy Jones Jr, y'all must've forgot.

EffDyjr.jpeg

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hes not unbeatable but nobody in this division is good enough,big enough to do it....Volk and Poirier are too small.DP one advantage was supposed to be striking against him and it wasnt an advantage...

Prime Volk because he used to be fat then added muscle through rugby had the body structure plus the striking to be the closest to beating him at 155 outside of someone hitting a lucky punch

Volk in hindsight should’ve said no to the second fight on short notice plus just coming off of a surgery

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His stand-up looked worse, and the takedowns were shaky.
In the fifth round though :patrice:

It's not like he didn't have chances early either.
This has more to do with the fact that Dustin clearly trained for this fight knowing it would be heavy on takedown attempts from a competent wrestler, and he did a great job of countering them

But Islam adapted and pulled a bonus hold out the pocket on his ass :francis: :manny: