Untold story of 2pac getting jumped in San Francisco 1992

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Truth be told, Pac did have a hard time when he moved to the Bay. He was a nerdy art school kid from Baltimore on some De La Soul black hippie shyt and everybody in Marin City was thuggin hella hard. :lolbron: The Bay made Pac a thug.

Marin City nikkas ain't fukk with Pac either in 92' because of a shoot out involving Pac's camp that left a lil kid dead at an outdoor festival.

As a Frisco nikka, I always resented Pac cause he always acted like the Sco ain't exist only shouting out Oakland. He added to the out towner stereotype that Frisco ain't nothin but phags :scusthov:. There wasn't nothin gay about growing up on Randolph in the View though . Pac aint neva even really rep Marin City like that on wax. :dwillhuh:

Pac became the man when he died like Michael Jackson. Hate to admit it. :manny:
All Eyez On Me was 5x platinum while he was alive fam. Dude had more movies than Cube at the time he died. He was the man before he died bruh.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps

:comeon: Michael Jackson was infamous as a kid and a world famous living legend by time he was 30.Pac is a martyr people started dikkriding son after he died he don't even compare to MJ

Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please DON'T post anything from that hatin ass Thug Immortal documentary..ALL them nikkas wasnt his real friends and was straight up dirtbags..only time they ever said anything good about him is when he bought them shyt and did somethin for em...one faggit even had the nerve to say he deserved to get shot that 5 times...

***snorts 30seconds***

I rather hear stories and memories, from cats like this because believe it or not, they were his true friends, they went through it with Pac. Your true friend will humble you instead of performing fellatio, the yes men will get you killed, the friends who are not afraid to tell you the truth about yourself, will fight you ,fight with you and help you choose your battles, will keep you alive.

I aint Pac friend. but I do think he deserved to be shot those 5 times, he was wreckless, and you see the people he thought was down with him in New York,are the same ones who got him caught up with the rape case and eventually robbed. Them Marin city cats, hate to be corny,(snorts 49seconds)......were Q, Steel, and Raheem to Pac's real life Bishop, he was actually getting his ass checked in the Bay, New York he was actually Bishop, none of the New York cats gave a damn about him, if they did they would have slowed him down.

Look at all the people there when he got killed, Outlawz and Frank Alexander(pac's immediate circle at that time), 2 of the Outlaws were Pacs real relatives, One by faith his god brother Yaki, and the other by blood, Kastro, none of them stopped Pac from getting involved in jumping Orlando, Frank job is to protect Pac, Pac's homeboys the Outlawz, are the ones who was suppose to tell Pac, it wasn't your chain that got took, thats Piru problems, and also they were suppose to been the ones to keep Tray out of Pac's ear, Suge has goons for that type of stuff, half of them was out there, go to them, but they didn't and let "Bishop" be wreckless and eventually killed, (think Blizzard robbin the bar and how Raheem stopped Bishop from running his hot headed ass inside and what happen to him). When Pac got killed, how come Suge did not receive the bulk of the bullets and Pac did, aint no way in hell they could hit little ass Pac, and big ass Suge is right there, not one bullet hit suge stomach.

All of Pac's circle in every documentary I have encountered, all have said Pac didn't want to be out there in the first place and was on the edge mentally, if you see your homeboy in that mind state, you gone let that element of jumping somebody over a chain that didn't even concern him, get in his head, or you gonna try and keep him out of it by going to party and try keep him in sound mind?

Those Marin city guys 9 times out of 10s would have let Pac know, its plenty of women in Vegas on fight night, lets go party, fukk that chain, and prolly would have whupped Pac's ass if he tried to continue to get involved, the exact opposite of what Frank and the outlawz did. Then when the shyt hit the fan, all of them except one was distracted, lol. The remaining members not named Fatal, let Pac and Yaki die in vain, they could have easily solved his murder and let his mom be at peace, I don't think any of them would have took a gun charge for Pac like d-roc did for Biggie.

So you might think the Marin city cats were dirtbags and hating, look at how pac was with them vs the ones there when he caught that rape charge and robbed also the ones who was there the night he got killed.

You might not see it but the hating dirtbags saved Pac from getting killed a long time ago. It was a good thing he was around them, look how the set of friends did him.

El Vato

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oaktown...Bay Area
And? How many LA, Atlanta, NY artists have been jumped in the Yay Area lol There's a history here...we don't play...and sorry the one that's ready to holler for LA...you know it's truth...LL Cool J man too many artists or fake artists to name

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Truth be told, Pac did have a hard time when he moved to the Bay. He was a nerdy art school kid from Baltimore on some De La Soul black hippie shyt and everybody in Marin City was thuggin hella hard. :lolbron: The Bay made Pac a thug.

Marin City nikkas ain't fukk with Pac either in 92' because of a shoot out involving Pac's camp that left a lil kid dead at an outdoor festival.

As a Frisco nikka, I always resented Pac cause he always acted like the Sco ain't exist only shouting out Oakland. He added to the out towner stereotype that Frisco ain't nothin but phags :scusthov:. There wasn't nothin gay about growing up on Randolph in the View though . Pac aint neva even really rep Marin City like that on wax. :dwillhuh:

:comeon:Michael Jackson breh?

Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And? How many LA, Atlanta, NY artists have been jumped in the Yay Area lol There's a history here...we don't play...and sorry the one that's ready to holler for LA...you know it's truth...LL Cool J man too many artists or fake artists to name

**snorts 34seconds****

Nothing to be proud of the Bay is home of the Panthers, and cats are still ******ish, Jumping somebody shows one of the cats in the bay cannot handle himself solo.

El Vato

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oaktown...Bay Area
LOL wow...i'm not going into to get into a debate here with one on one's....sounds like you have trying to rep your place and a troll LOL

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Chino XL made that song about Tupac getting raped in jail when Pac was dead and no one did shyt to chino...chino can go to LA and not get touched..LA MOB Piru don't give a fukk about Pac or else they would of beat up chino...

Lol..real shyt..so shut that shyt up @Nomad1
:snoop:

Chino XL made that Pac "getting raped in jail verse" when Pac was alive. Why do you think he said "Chino XL, fukk you too" in Hit Em Up? Pac and Chino bumped into each other in Venice Beach in Cali and they squashed their beef. Chino XL said he didn't mean for that "getting raped in jail" for to get at Pac he said he was trying to make a silly punchline. Here is the link; http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11149

Chino XL: "I was a f**kin’ teenager, dog. I didn’t really look at it the people have imagined I looked at it. I just realized that I threw a slick metaphor [ “By this industry, I’m trying not to get f**ked like Tupac in jail.”] and I didn’t mean that much by it. I was a little f**kin’ kid just rhyming about whatever."

So I don't know why you're bringing up the Mob Piru. You think their going to murk Chino because he dissed Pac before they were affiliated with him or because a goddamn rapper dissed him? :why: It just shows you know nothing about Gang Politics or the culture that surrounds it. :snoop:

Smh I pray to god that you're trolling. Take your other L you stupid bytch :pachaha:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
My proof is the same proof these clowns are using to say 2Pac was a "G". The same snitches/informants who said Travon Lane pointed out Orlando Anderson, also said 2Pac initiation was to step to Orlando Anderson.
No one is claiming Pac to be a "G" and Pac said so himself that he wasn't a Ganster. Being wild =/= being a G. Don't get that confused.
Where is your proof that Pac was being initiated on the night he fought with Orlando? Travon whispered in Pac's ear that Orlando and his boys jumped him at the mall for his Death Row chain and there was a rumour going around that Pdiddy ordered it (according to Napoleon of Outlawz). I don't know where the fukk you got the initiation shyt from because Pac never came out publicly and said he was apart of the mob.

Give me names of the informants or substantiating proof if you want to make that silly claim.

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
I already said that Saafir and Pac were about to get jumped in Berkeley and Pac ran like a bytch while Saafir stood there and fought..but hey..let nikkaz on the coli think that Pac was a real G..lol..whatever
kane's cousin harold looked at pac like you cant run off if you want ...i ain't going out like no sucker

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:laff: these pac stans been talking about the same shyt for the last 17 years.Their world stopped moving on sept 13,1996

Cali nikkas have nothing else to brag about cuz their coast been :flabbynsick: since pac got wet up.:deadmanny: @ me being "cac" cuz I don't fukk with that fake ass nikka pac

21155d1375921450-joel-lanning-jaguars-fan.gif

Cali out here winning championships in sports and going to the play offs in every sport

Almost every popular beat you hear on the radio right now influenced by bay area as we speak

most of atlanta hood classics this decade been produced by a bay area producer :wow:

where you from again? You donth ave a "reppin" .. prolly from Indiana or Idaho or some shyt..

and why do people even respond to Observe ? He never been to the bay, he just trollin yall... Easily worst poster on this site

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
people calling saafir wack now ? :what: this the same dude who held his own against ras kass and xzibit in their prime ? :what:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

All that is true, I'm sure he had lots of influences to refer back to from childhood but the Bay made the Pac we came to know from the knowledge to the thuggin.

Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one is claiming Pac to be a "G" and Pac said so himself that he wasn't a Ganster. Being wild =/= being a G. Don't get that confused.
Where is your proof that Pac was being initiated on the night he fought with Orlando? Travon whispered in Pac's ear that Orlando and his boys jumped him at the mall for his Death Row chain and there was a rumour going around that Pdiddy ordered it (according to Napoleon of Outlawz). I don't know where the fukk you got the initiation shyt from because Pac never came out publicly and said he was apart of the mob.

Give me names of the informants or substantiating proof if you want to make that silly claim.

***snorts 31mins****

Lesane said it himself, he wanted to be buried a G , have gangsta parties. and the heartz of men.

Cannot forget the Gangsta team he was apart of.

So what did G mean?

Gremlin?
Gentlemen?
Good Guy?
God?
Grandpa?
Gopher?
Gorilla?
Gene Okerland?

You cannot flip the true meaning of G because, you a 2pac fan, everybody from Spice 1, Mc Eiht, Ice Cube, W.c, Dj Quik, Snoop all spoke on what it meant to be a G.

Dj Quik even broke Mc Eihts name down to let it be known, he was a studio Gangster.

Face it your boy was a hypocrite, spoke all the time in the media even in songs, about raising the youth to be strong, telling women to be strong...even spoke on politics, trying to get all these powerful messages out, and at the same time when the mic is off and the cameras are gone, he gets caught up in situations where he is labeled as a rapist, bragging about fornicating with his ex-bestfriend wife, throwing temper tantrums on movie sets, being part of black on black crime.

He went against the same code, his mom, stepfather, and other members in his family circle (the panthers) put their lives on the line for. What is the use of screaming Mutulu, Geronimo,Mumia, Sekou and the rest of the political prisoners, when you being a nikka, out doing the exact opposite of what they stood for.

Pac is no different than all of the black preachers in megachurches, the Td Jakes, Creflo Dollars, etc, they tell nikkas what they wanna hear, cash out on you nikkas then its fukk you nikkas. If injustice occurs to the race none of these nikkas are nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Chino XL made that song about Tupac getting raped in jail when Pac was dead and no one did shyt to chino...chino can go to LA and not get touched..LA MOB Piru don't give a fukk about Pac or else they would of beat up chino...

Lol..real shyt..so shut that shyt up @Nomad1

This is a Dan Charas Take on the Chino XL/Tupac beef

Dan was the AnR for the American Records label which was Rick Rubins label if you dont know who Rick Rubin is he was the guy that founded Def Jam with Russel Simmons. He also produced 99 problems on Black Album for Jay Z
He signed 2 rappers to American Records Chino XL and Kwest the mad lad. in the 90s.

Dan Charnas :

I met a lot of artists in the course of my two decades in the music business, but I never met Tupac Shakur.

I didn’t think much of him. When it became fashionable to compare him with Big, for instance, there was no question in my mind. One of them could rhyme, one couldn’t. My approach was that of an East Coast snob, for sure. It took me many years to really understand why people adored Tupac so, and why that worship has only increased since his death, dwarfing Big.

Ironically, the person who taught me the value and genius of Tupac was Chino XL.

Of course, Chino XL is probably best known for his celebrated beef with Tupac, having said some things about him on his first album that caused Tupac to fire back on the last song he released before his death, “Hit ‘Em Up.” So this requires some explaining.

Here’s what Chino said about Tupac. He said it on one of the last songs he recorded for “Here To Save You All,” a collaboration with Ras Kass called “Riiiot”:

“By this industry/ I’m trying not to get f**ked/ Like Tupac in jail.”

For the record, Chino has always maintained that what he meant by this line was that Tupac was “trying NOT to get f**ked” in jail, not that Tupac was “GETTING f**ked” in jail.

But anyway, the line is ambiguous, and knowing Chino’s mind state at the time, he probably didn’t give a f**k.

It was 1995. Chino XL was lyrically untouchable, in my opinion. Chino’s too. So it caused him no end of frustration that, after being signed for four years to Rick Rubin’s American Recordings, he had yet to make an impact. His stuff with Art of Origin got very little play. After his partner Kerri went AWOL, Chino had to record his own material on a shoestring. When Chino turned in the demo of “No Complex,” it was with no help from me.

As tired of fighting as I was — both with the label for resources and with Chino for a single — “No Complex” was one of those songs where something finally clicked. It was as if Chino XL coalesced suddenly into who he was meant to be: He found his voice, his image, his style in one fell swoop.

Chino was angry. Angry at me, angry at Rick, angry at Kerri, at Warner Bros., at radio DJs who wouldn’t play his stuff, at mediocre MCs who got on simply by being hype man to the next man. Not to say Chino hadn’t always possessed an acid tongue. This was, after all, the guy who said, while still with Art of Origin, “I’m throwin’ your sh*t out the window/Like Eric Clapton’s son.”

But “No Complex” was Chino’s last straw. Chino made a vow to himself: If no one is listening, he seemed to say, then f**k it, I am going to say what I want to say about anyone and anything. I will say the things that everybody thinks but are afraid to say. Anybody who has crossed me is going to get theirs, double. And in the small bandwidth that I have in this industry filled with so much bullsh*t, I will scream it at the top of my lungs so that, at the very least, I can emerge feeling like I’ve accomplished something for myself.

On the strength of “No Complex,” I got some money from Rick to fly Chino and his producer B-Wiz out to L.A. It was enough to keep them up in a cheap motel in Glendale, record the rest of the album on two ADAT machines in my apartment, and mix the tracks in a small studio in Hollywood. That became Chino’s first album, “Here To Save You All.”

“No Complex,” the first single, was an absolute non-stop tirade. Nobody had done anything so expansive, been so willing to make so many enemies. It was, I think, the hip-hop equivalent of a suicide bombing. The shrapnel went everywhere. I think it was King Tech, after hearing this song, who dubbed him “The King Of Ill-Lines and Punchlines.”

Still, getting Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown upset at you doesn’t carry with it quite the same consequences as hitting a guy who’s about to emerge from prison backed by the most notorious gangster in the music business.

I’m not sure when Tupac became aware of this one little line in Chino’s song. “Riiiot” was, after all, the #1 requested song on the Sway and King Tech Wake Up Show months before his album’s release in the spring of 1996. At some point, Sway interviewed Tupac for the show, and Tupac made it clear to Sway that Chino was fair game.

I am sure this was both blessing and curse for Chino XL. On the one hand, Chino had absolutely no beef with Tupac. Like I said, the lyric was written with haste, not with disrespect. On the other, Chino had been waiting for a chance to test his skills in the open, and now here it was. If Tupac wanted a fight, so be it.

Lyrically, it wasn’t going to be a contest. Chino and I got along, I think, because I had a mean streak too. We were in the car and the instrumental for Tupac’s “Dear Mama” came on. I started rapping, “Dear Mama/I wish I was born with two voices...” at which point Chino began coughing up a lung. It was a joke only Chino could have gotten, a play on the fact that Tupac always double tracked his vocals. The subtle implication being, of course, that he needed to.

But I think Chino understood that Tupac wasn’t an emcee, but a poet of certain eloquence. Because Chino had studied Tupac so well, because he respected him, liked him, he could begin to stockpile some lyrical weapons of mass destruction, should it ever come to that.

It became clear, though, that the fight wouldn’t be verbal. When we’d go places in California, we’d hear whispers as we entered a club, always some dude muttering “Tupac” under his breath. Chino, from what I recall, began to hear ominous threats from the Death Row camp. Then came “Hit Em Up,” the last song that Tupac released alive, where he followed up his “Chino XL, f**k you too” with the statement, “My .44 make sure all y’all kids don’t grow.”

Chino XL, father of three, took that shyt very seriously, and proceeded to squash the sh*t with Tupac through some backchannel communication that was, and is, none of my business. To this day, Chino says that he and Pac had peaced things up before Pac’s death.

I think there was a part of Chino that missed being able to verbally joust with a worthy opponent. After all, he had saved up nearly a year’s worth of comeback rhymes that never saw the light of day, and that’s hard for an emcee to hold back. To his credit, Chino never recorded a response to “Hit Em Up.” The only time I ever heard of him let some slip was at a live performance at New York’s Wetlands in the fall of 1996, which began:

“Ni**a you ain’t never seeeeeeeeeen drama/
F**k you and your dope fieeeeeeeeeeend mama.”

A few days later, Tupac was shot in Vegas. I had flown back to Los Angeles, and remember, a few days later, the voice of Rick’s assistant echoing through the office.

“He’s dead,” she said.

I got the call a few hours later from Chino as he traveled by car from New York to Philly. He was crying.

“You know I loved that dude, Charnas,” he said. I told him that I did.

A few months later, we were in Vegas. The Makaveli album has just come out, and in the wee hours of the morning, when the rest of us went up to the hotel rooms to sleep, Chino stayed behind in the car to listen to the whole thing, alone.

In 1997, Chino narrowly escaped death when several gunmen shot through his SUV outside a house party in Jersey. There was some talk, I remember, of this coming from some of Pac’s people who didn’t know that shyt had been squashed, and were looking for revenge. But I’m not sure if Chino even knows.

But keep going....