URLTV/Caffeine Presents: Smack Volume 6 (8 PM EST) 12/12/20

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
That’s a different argument. Sounds like you have battle rap fatigue, that happens.

I don’t think they need to take any breaks. What would taking a break do?
Some battlers material hasn't been that good to me. I am exhausted though. Can't keep up with all these battles/events. Its hard to get excited for an event when one just happened 2 weeks prior that's all.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Its weird nunu jumped in bdot round, like how fukking old is Chilla/Prep battle
And it had zero impact in that setting since she didn’t really rap. It’s supposed to get a crowd hype so you can ride that wave with your next bars, what was this besides petty and old lol

the whole thing was Diet Coke battle rap, typical B Dot

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Some battlers material hasn't been that good to me. I am exhausted though. Can't keep up with all these battles/events. Its hard to get excited for an event when one just happened 2 weeks prior that's all.

I been through battle rap fatigue before, it definitely happens.

I don't think a break necessary, they have a huge roster, and a lot of rookies that are dope. There's so many potential match ups that can but haven't happened. Battles weren't good last night, but that happens no matter how much time people have off. There's really no sweet spot where it's guaranteed to be good. I've seen classics on 3 weeks prep and terrible battles on 9 months prep.

Just think of the elite names that weren't on this event: Nitty, Twork, Roc, Verb, JJDD (Not a fan but he's a big name), Red, JC, Cortez, Daylyt, Ave, DNA, Bill Collector, Suge, Chess etc...

Last edited:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Just think of the elite names that weren't on this event: Nitty, Twork, Roc, Verb, JJDD (Not a fan but he's a big name), Red, JC, Cortez, Daylyt, Ave, DNA, Bill Collector, Suge, Chess etc...

Facts. I start thinking about potential huge matchups for the next big card as soon as Volume 6 was over (Lyt VS Lux, Roc VS Verb, Ave VS Twork, etc.)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kind of feel like Goodz says the same shyt now, all the time. He said it for 3 rounds. He diversified his income, we get it. Its getting one dimensional and I am a Goodz fan.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I kind of feel like Goodz says the same shyt now, all the time. He said it for 3 rounds. He diversified his income, we get it. Its getting one dimensional and I am a Goodz fan.
He battled someone that says the same thing every battle last night, so it’s all good.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Facts. I start thinking about potential huge matchups for the next big card as soon as Volume 6 was over (Lyt VS Lux, Roc VS Verb, Ave VS Twork, etc.)
So many. Roc vs Twork, JC vs Verb, Chess vs Top, Calicoe vs JJDD, Nitty vs Daylyt, O-Red vs B Dot, Etc...

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Goodz vs Gotti definitely comes down to who’s style you prefer the most...The slick/hustler style or the aggressive/gangster style but I gave it 2-1 to Goodz. I had to give 1 to Gotti just off the strength of how he talking down to him in the 1st.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

that’s why everyone saids he has the cheat code. Everyone know what he’s gonna spit but still can’t crack that code. Geechi did well the first. Should have kept that same pressure the next two rounds but goodz adjusted after his first as well. I really ain’t care about any of the other battles to be honest so I was satisfied with the one battle I wanted to see. Never been a fan of pat stay. Might giggle here and there which I still did hearing him. Shine might surprise me once in a blue but don’t expect much of him. It was good just to see ars still spitting and battling and I’m not a fan or think he’s gonna get me hyped ever. Was hoping I would see the chilla that battled jc or rum and didn’t but wasn’t surprised either. Kinda like expecting something out of b magic in these days. Jjst glad the one battle I was hyped for did it for me.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I been through battle rap fatigue before, it definitely happens.

I don't think a break necessary, they have a huge roster, and a lot of rookies that are dope. There's so many potential match ups that can but haven't happened. Battles weren't good last night, but that happens no matter how much time people have off. There's really no sweet spot where it's guaranteed to be good. I've seen classics on 3 weeks prep and terrible battles on 9 months prep.

True. But I think Im just annoyed with the revolving door of the same top names rotated thru out the yrs. Im still a fan of battle rap. But honestly I watch more bloggers like Chris and Angryfan. And listen to Black Compass Media more than watching battle rap. I dont follow it as much.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s a different argument. Sounds like you have battle rap fatigue, that happens.

I don’t think they need to take any breaks. What would taking a break do?
It would let the people who are complaining about too many events complain that there are too few events. The URL doesn't need to take a break, a lot of people just like complaining. :yeshrug:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, he was going up against a guy who is the king of that shyt (we get it, Geechi, you're a gang member) so :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, he was going up against a guy who is the king of that shyt (we get it, Geechi, you're a gang member) so :yeshrug:
I dont think he's that one dimensional. That's his core theme but he has different lines (the blogger line, smack og lines, etc). But even then, he finds inventive ways of saying it. Goodz every line ends with diversification of income. Goodz is the kind of person that as soon as he starts something he can't stop talking about it (i.e. he work-out now and can't stop talking about it but hes actually quite average in that arena). He clearly has changed his earnings mentality and acts like he's the only one.