URLTV Presents Summer Madness 13 Live on Caffeine 8/27 3 PM EST

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rums rounds have NO structure. At all. If they did they wouldn't interchangeable.
you're missing the point still

rum probably writes a round like this A > B > C > D and plays with that a little

diz just has a bunch of ideas in his head written down and then randomizes and improvises everything as he goes, no structure at all. he even admits this

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
you're missing the point still

rum probably writes a round like this A > B > C > D and plays with that a little

diz just has a bunch of ideas in his head written down and then randomizes and improvises everything as he goes, no structure at all. he even admits this

IDK what this is supposed to mean but okay. Rum sets up his punches, that its. But the sequences all together are still a clusterfukk. The top of his 1st and bottom of his 3rd all sound the same. Thats not structure.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IDK what this is supposed to mean but okay. Rum sets up his punches, that its. But the sequences all together are still a clusterfukk. The top of his 1st and bottom of his 3rd all sound the same. Thats not structure.
again, lack of sequencing is continuity. OP's point was rum walks up on stage with pre-planned framework for the round, which is structure. diz mixes and matches and throws spaghetti at the wall.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
You're conflating things. You can be a puncher and have structure. Nitty's structure is his punches. His idea is well thought out from the set up all the way to the ending bar of his punchline. His punchlines are very cohesive. They're just structured in 2 to 4 bar set ups. Nitty isn't an angler, he's a puncher but he has structure because he gets to his point. What you're really trying to say is he doesn't structure his rounds in a way to necessarily attack his opponents with an angle.

What they're referencing is Diz style of writing is a bunch of half-wit ideas that he patches together and rarely gets to a point a lot of times. Diz is a multi-syllabic rhymer that uses jokes and angles, but they lack cohesion because he gets scatter-brained and sometimes just drops a thought without getting to his point. When you're an angler, if you want to structure your rounds to have 2-4 bar set ups like punchers do, you better be able to build and complete a thought like they do. If you can't, then you can't try to structure your rounds like theirs because it comes off as unclear.

Diz style works when he flushes out his thoughts fully. But when he doesn't, you get what happened last night.

Illmac and even Thesaurus can do it, but it's not really a URL style, but it CAN work on URL if you have cohesion. You have to keep them crowd engaged when you're doing an angle. Diz lacked it last night. He was all over the place.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
catchin some of these battles

can't call Ace vs Rum. Ace is one of those x-factors and im happy he didn't just get killed up there. just a debatable battle, i think i liked all three rounds from both.

Jerry Wess 30 although DNA didn't stink up the joint

watching Suge vs Fonz now, Suge 1st was kinda ass between his mic issues and too many stop and starts. This Fonz got the most energy i think i ever seen from him

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone who watched just give me a short “who won” according to the consensus?

Y’all think Twork and Rum will ever run it back? They ever spoke about it? The game needs that. That’s Twork’s hero so I know he’d get super crazy…and Rum don’t gotta get super crazy, he’s always super crazy.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
You're conflating things. You can be a puncher and have structure. Nitty's structure is his punches. His idea is well thought out from the set up all the way to the ending bar of his punchline. His punchlines are very cohesive. They're just structured in 2 to 4 bar set ups. Nitty isn't an angler, he's a puncher but he has structure because he gets to his point. What you're really trying to say is he doesn't structure his rounds in a way to necessarily attack his opponents with an angle.

What they're referencing is Diz style of writing is a bunch of half-wit ideas that he patches together and rarely gets to a point a lot of times. Diz is a multi-syllabic rhymer that uses jokes and angles, but they lack cohesion because he gets scatter-brained and sometimes just drops a thought without getting to his point. When you're an angler, if you want to structure your rounds to have 2-4 bar set ups like punchers do, you better be able to build and complete a thought like they do. If you can't, then you can't try to structure your rounds like theirs because it comes off as unclear.

Diz style works when he flushes out his thoughts fully. But when he doesn't, you get what happened last night.

Illmac and even Thesaurus can do it, but it's not really a URL style, but it CAN work on URL if you have cohesion. You have to keep them crowd engaged when you're doing an angle. Diz lacked it last night. He was all over the place.

Im not conflating anything. I never said you cant be a puncher a have structure. I said he DOESNT. Which he doesnt. This isnt an argument unless yall just like the nikka. He has no structure because the ROUND as WHOLE isnt structured.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
catchin some of these battles

can't call Ace vs Rum. Ace is one of those x-factors and im happy he didn't just get killed up there. just a debatable battle, i think i liked all three rounds from both.
I knew this was gonna make a lot of people open up to Ace, pause, Win or Lose. Ace is one the best “rappers” in URL, been saying it forever…he’s just not a very likable person lol, bully type jail nig, Napoleon Complex on top of that