URLTV Presents ULTIMATE MADNESS {DISCUSSION THREAD}

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Just on some battle shyt he didn't deserve the win. But what he was actually saying, the material, was better than dude's
He has no rap skills at all though. He has no cadence. No timing. No flow. No delivery. No performance. It’s literally nothing he do good but talk and he can’t do that consistently. Dude be jamming a billion words in 4 bars lol

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has no rap skills at all though. He has no cadence. No timing. No flow. No delivery. No performance. It’s literally nothing he do good but talk and he can’t do that consistently. Dude be jamming a billion words in 4 bars lol
Nah, he got bars. I agree tho, he needs to work on how he delivers that shyt because it's a lot. Flow and cadence aint really so important in acapella battles to me, sometimes when they got a flow that shyt actually makes it sound corny

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
of course he’s hard to prepare for, especially with NOME around the corner. You have to decide whether to really go in or save your best shyt for NOME. He gambled and it paid off.

Anyone you don’t respect is very hard to get motivated for. This is how Todd has got by his whole career.

Didn't look at it that way. Good point.

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Of Twitter

"Ironic he did ten rounds around Swamp but could only spit one"

:russ::dead:

aye, the dude Twork said in the face off that the best Swamp couldn’t beat him at 40% and then proceeded to spit around 40% of his material. nikka was out here conducting an experiment on this shyt like he was tryna prove a hypothesis.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Aight the power in my neighborhood went when there was a rainstorm. Blew out some generator but i got to watch the battles on my phone. Next time I will not watch all of the battles in real time.

Ultimate Madness 2 - Them brackets looking good. And glad that Tink is back in the fold. Danny vs. Emersen part 3 is funny and ironic. Definitely looking forward to what these battles bring.

Jey The Nitewing vs. Ru Bando - Judges got it right. Jey 2-1. But I will say this. Ru Bando turned up and showed folks he is worth being on a few cards later on. I low key could see him battling someone like Ryda maybe. But Jey went in on him but took it light somewhat....especially that 3rd even though he told the truth for real.

Swamp vs. Nu Jerzey Twork - Swamp 2-1 or 3-0 clear. See, NJT shouldn't have played with Swamp. I realized what it was I thought Swamp missing but he actually wasn't...he really talks to his opponents and I don't think I caught that off the back. NJT had 2 decent rounds but man, Swamp's 3rd...it wasn't the best but I'll be damned if it didn't hold a lot of truth to it once NJT choked.

Ace Amin vs. Fonz - Judges got it right. Fonz 3-0. Ace at this point is becoming a liability. He is trying to do other things to distract his opponent aside from battle them with his bars. I feel like you cannot write that complicated good material and think being to physical with your opponent. And the fight that almost happened took away from it a little, imo. Ace choking and stumbling made it all bad. Fonz choked in that 3rd but he at least had a way cleaner performance.

Overall - That stalling and talking was annoying. Everybody in the chat was like "yo" and posting the URL Watch emoji. But at least they were trying to keep it moving. Swamp and Jey were the only ones with the cleanest performances of the night; feel like if they do this more...performances of the night need to be awarded. But yeah, these battles overall didn't live up to the hype.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Think about it

Back in the day, you had nikkas battling around REAL street nikkas.
Battling a nikka you sometimes only heard of through word of mouth for the rep of ya hood.
Whole crowds gripped up with tension in the room and you couldn’t even stumble, REAL pressure. If you choked you couldn’t come outside for weeks/months without getting clowned.

The battlers of the DVDera were warriors

Most these new battlers is SAWFT, borderline p*ssy forreal smh

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Swamp belongs firmly going against against the lower-mid-tiers for right now. No reason he shouldn't be battling against the b-magics/bill collectors/rydas of the world but he jumped the line like a motherfukk

"Professionalism" in battle rap gets you further than they should but its because of nikkas like Twork shorting people on content that they get to prosper
Swamp should be where Jerry Wess is right now...