[Video] Method Man Walks Through His Old Projects & Talks 36 Chambers

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

Cool lil interview, wish the video was a little longer though n/h...

Yea, I hate when they do these pieces and cut it down to like 2 or 3 minutes. shyt wack. There's was a cool lil piece they did on Raekwon in Staten not too long ago, but it was only like 3 minutes. shyt makes no sense.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Meth had some real talk in an interview Wu did with XXL for the 20th. He talked about the industry and how they chew you up and spit you out and then the money is gone. He said luckily he raps now because he wants to, not because he has to but I got the feeling reading other quotes from some other members, specifically U-God, that he's doing it cause he has to. It's just crazy how even in a crew that considers themselves brothers, not everyone is able to fully live comfortably or beyond comfortably from a financial standpoint

Ant McQueen

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NY
Meth had some real talk in an interview Wu did with XXL for the 20th. He talked about the industry and how they chew you up and spit you out and then the money is gone. He said luckily he raps now because he wants to, not because he has to but I got the feeling reading other quotes from some other members, specifically U-God, that he's doing it cause he has to. It's just crazy how even in a crew that considers themselves brothers, not everyone is able to fully live comfortably or beyond comfortably from a financial standpoint

I don't know what his bank account looks like, don't really care to know; but if he had to rap solely for money I think he'd have a fire lit under him. He seems to move at the pace that he chooses.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't know what his bank account looks like, don't really care to know; but if he had to rap solely for money I think he'd have a fire lit under him. He seems to move at the pace that he chooses.

Yeah. I never even thought about that. There's less urgency with him and I'm sure that has to do with the fact that he's good financially. If he wasn't, he'd have a bigger output. But I'm happy with the Meth product I have, minus tical 0 but even that has joints on it and I'll forever be grateful for that because of The Motto, which got me into college

Ant McQueen

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NY
Yeah. I never even thought about that. There's less urgency with him and I'm sure that has to do with the fact that he's good financially. If he wasn't, he'd have a bigger output. But I'm happy with the Meth product I have, minus tical 0 but even that has joints on it and I'll forever be grateful for that because of The Motto, which got me into college

Meth was able to parlay his rap stardom into something more. He's been featured in countless movies, video games, various endorsements, TV shows, etc.

As far as music goes, I think his catalog is better than what people have given it credit for. In my opinion, he was judged unfairly in comparison to the other cats in the group (especially in the beginning).

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Meth was able to parlay his rap stardom into something more. He's been featured in countless movies, video games, various endorsements, TV shows, etc.

As far as music goes, I think his catalog is better than what people have given it credit for. In my opinion, he was judged unfairly in comparison to the other cats in the group (especially in the beginning).

Word. Couldn't have said it better myself. Tical is dope, Tical 2000 is dope and 4:21 is dope. Not to mention the two Blackout joints. He gets crucified for not making Cuban Linx or Liquid Swords but how many dudes have made those caliber of records? He's made his money through other ventures, including comic books and an animated show that's starting in January. I'm not mad at him for that at all, just as my favorite MC, I wish he had more output for me. Since 06, Ghost has dropped four albums, U-God has dropped two, Rae has dropped two and two mixtapes and GZA has dropped a joint or two as well. The last Meth project was Blackout 2 in 09.

Oliver-Twist.jpg

Ant McQueen

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NY
Word. Couldn't have said it better myself. Tical is dope, Tical 2000 is dope and 4:21 is dope. Not to mention the two Blackout joints. He gets crucified for not making Cuban Linx or Liquid Swords but how many dudes have made those caliber of records? He's made his money through other ventures, including comic books and an animated show that's starting in January. I'm not mad at him for that at all, just as my favorite MC, I wish he had more output for me. Since 06, Ghost has dropped four albums, U-God has dropped two, Rae has dropped two and two mixtapes and GZA has dropped a joint or two as well. The last Meth project was Blackout 2 in 09.

Oliver-Twist.jpg

It's tough to judge something justly when expectations are either too high or too low. Tical happened to be a victim of the former. Also, from what I remember there were claims of the original draft of the album being better than the version we're familiar with. I wish they had hard drives to back up data during that time.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's tough to judge something justly when expectations are either too high or too low. Tical happened to be a victim of the former. Also, from what I remember there were claims of the original draft of the album being better than the version we're familiar with. I wish they had hard drives to back up data during that time.

Yeah, RZA's flood altered a lot of stuff. Meth had to record the album while on the road and of course he had a deadline he had to meet, so the album was rushed. I feel like for a rushed project, it came out great. :manny: