[Video] Method Man Walks Through His Old Projects & Talks 36 Chambers

Lord Piffington

Cacnificent #euswag
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Son did an interview with XXL, it's kinda long so I won't post the whole thing but here's the link

As far as his next album, he says it's his last and he isn't speaking on it until it comes out.

As far as the Wu album goes, he says there are two main issues: a balance between dark material and light material and not enough Rae, Ghost and GZA. Initially RZA wanted a lighter approach and everyone else wanted a darker approach, akin to 36 chambers. RZA's view was how many times can we do the same shyt? Once they went overseas, the album got darker, a lot darker, so they're trying to find a right balance between what they want and what RZA wants. But he says Rae isn't on a single track right now, neither is GZA. Ghost is on a couple and of course they need more. However, he says he's on every track so far and he's finally feeling himself enough to say how dope of an MC he is

wtf? where did you read that..I didnt see anything of that nature in the link you posted

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
wtf? where did you read that..I didnt see anything of that nature in the link you posted

Read the whole interview breh. In the second page he says it's his last solo lp

Edit: when he's talking about blackout and blackout 2 he then lets it out the bag that this is his last solo lp and says its his magnum opus

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
The bar was raised for Meth because a big portion of the hip hop community BELIEVED he was gonna be that n!gga for a looong time. He had IT. He had the charisma, the looks, the skills and he was moving with a mighty crew. They didn't expect the same from the other Clan members.
honestly when wu first pushed meth was the one they was behind it wasnt close second and odb had next.. but then 0fcl crushed the building:wow:
my biggest hip hop sin was not expecting shyt from rae or ghost.... i wasnt checkin for them at all i was on my odb/gza shyt:heh:
i obviously wasnt the only one but who knew? apparently not me:dead:

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
Meth is just entertaining all around.. From interviews to music to movies...I thought he was gonna show off Hempstead tho honestly..
funny how both him and prodigy both shun theyre LI bacground. but really both there images lean on shailon and qb heavy. shyt would confuse non nyers:heh: sort of why icecube came str8 out of compton instead of being that one nikka from sc which wasnt recognizable at the time

Lord Piffington

Cacnificent #euswag
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Read the whole interview breh. In the second page he says it's his last solo lp

Edit: when he's talking about blackout and blackout 2 he then lets it out the bag that this is his last solo lp and says its his magnum opus

ahh found it.. the link was on the last page took a while till I found the previous button haha...

but its fukked up if it is his last album.. I must admit I dont check for meth anymore like I used to.. but to me he´s one of the realest MCs ever and it shines trough in the interviews..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
funny how both him and prodigy both shun theyre LI bacground. but really both there images lean on shailon and qb heavy. shyt would confuse non nyers:heh: sort of why icecube came str8 out of compton instead of being that one nikka from sc which wasnt recognizable at the time
Funny thing is I've seen Meth show love to Hempstead live on TV..Prodigy mentioned it on his recent tape with Alchemist..it ain't even like Hempstead is soft or some shyt..that's the funny part...I just figured Meth would've def showed Hempstead over Staten Island considering he spent far less time in Staten Island..

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
Funny thing is I've seen Meth lo show love to Hempstead live on TV..Prodigy mentioned it on his recent tape with Alchemist..it ain't even like Hempstead is soft or some shyt..that's the funny part...I just figured Meth would've def showed Hempstead over Staten Island considering he spent far less time in Staten Island..
hempstead definetly is live i think its just all marketing in a way....people identify there artist with a location. i know busta grew up in bk but was he from li too?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
hempstead definetly is live i think its just all marketing in a way....people identify there artist with a location. i know busta grew up in bk but was he from li too?
Yea..Busta is from Uniondale as well...but there's plenty of legends from LI so I don't get it...Public Enemy ...Epmd..Rakim..Keith Murray...LL..De La Soul..and the list goes on..

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Funny thing is I've seen Meth show love to Hempstead live on TV..Prodigy mentioned it on his recent tape with Alchemist..it ain't even like Hempstead is soft or some shyt..that's the funny part...I just figured Meth would've def showed Hempstead over Staten Island considering he spent far less time in Staten Island..

Prodigy talks about hampstead on one of the old mobb albums too, might be hell on earth or infamous but he let be known he was from there too

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Yea..Busta is from Uniondale as well...but there's plenty of legends from LI so I don't get it...Public Enemy ...Epmd..Rakim..Keith Murray...LL..De La Soul..and the list goes on..
maybe Meth identifies with Shaolin more because that's where the lead up to 36 Chambers happened or that's where he did most of his dirt. Just like Pac claimed LA/West Coast because that's where he went through the biggest changes in his life (at least in his own mind)

Ant McQueen

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NY

From what I remember, Meth lived in Staten Island full time from the time he was 11-12. Plus, it's probably where he " grew up ".

Ant McQueen

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NY
Nah kid..Meth was a teenager in Hempstead...I don't know the exact year he moved but it wasn't that early..

After a Google search, LOL... he spent his early years going back and forth between his parents' houses. His mother lived in Staten Island (Park Hill) and his pops stayed out in Hempstead. I guess he decided to live with his mother full time in his teens.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only who think Meth would be perfect on one of these dramas on USA, AMC, Showtime, or HBO:yeshrug: