Wait, so most of these "Atlanta" rappers are really from safe suburbs outside the city?

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
There aren't a ton of people in Atlanta period. The actual city of Atlanta is small as hell it's not built to be this major city it's become which is why traffic is so terrible. People that actually live in Atlanta either have money to live somewhere nice, live in the hood, or they're a college student pretty much everyone else lives on the outskirts.
Atlanta and Decatur roads are WOAT. Bunch of roads that clearly used to be only two lanes but we're repurposed into four. Driving a van or a jeep is an anxiety attack:picard:

I got in an accident because some dude in a jeep (and I drive a jeep too) tried to pass me but the lanes are so narrow he drove straight into my side mirror:martin: Dude who hit me was even like ":snoop: goddammit this was bound to happen I never shoulda bought a jeep out here"

Last edited:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
That’s not the point of transportation :snoop:.

The point of transportation is to give you options. NYC usually isn’t talked about in this regard compared to LA and ATL because you can simply avoid traffic by hopping on a train.
DC has horrible traffic and many people avoid hopping on a train cuz they want to be in their cars.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
That’s not the point of transportation :snoop:.

The point of transportation is to give you options. NYC usually isn’t talked about in this regard compared to LA and ATL because you can simply avoid traffic by hopping on a train.

That don’t make sense. Every city ain’t like NYC. In southern cities where it’s a bunch of open space having trains might not be the best option. And ATL does have above ground trains also. But in the south people actually like to drive and not be at the mercy of public transportation.

Southern cities aren’t big on walking all day from one stop to the other, why do that when I can just drive my car I spend 50k to the spot I’m suppose to be

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I hear u. I went out to atl before it didnt really seem ghetto to me.
Its because the hoods arent concentrated in single areas like chicago and Atlanta is a much more spread out metropolis. That, and the architecture of walkups and greystones in chicago is more traditional. Southern cities arent designed like that, so it feels different at first because it doesnt look the same. Just stay there a bit and youll see hoods are all the same all over the country despite how they may look.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
That don’t make sense. Every city ain’t like NYC. In southern cities where it’s a bunch of open space having trains might not be the best option. And ATL does have above ground trains also. But in the south people actually like to drive and not be at the mercy of public transportation.

Southern cities aren’t big on walking all day from one stop to the other, why do that when I can just drive my car I spend 50k to the spot I’m suppose to be

My dude you do realize that just about every growing city in America is hungry for more transportation options? Just because ATL isn’t like NyC doesn’t mean they can’t add more transportation options.

You think ATL added bike lanes just for fun?

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
My dude you do realize that just about every growing city in America is hungry for more transportation options? Just because ATL isn’t like NyC doesn’t mean they can’t add more transportation options.

You think ATL added bike lanes just for fun?
Public options is always cool. But people aren’t about to start taking them over they cars in these cities. Most of New Yorkers don’t even know how to drive so I understand why y’all dont get it. But the fact remains creating this huge public transportation isn’t gonna stop traffic in these cities.

Y’all east coast people are cool with trains and stuff, other places not so much

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
That sounds like a personal problem. You pretty much answered your own question. DCs subway isn’t that great either and very expensive. They have work to do.
:snoop: u just said traffic is bad in ATL cuz they don't have public transportation options. I give you a city (DC) that does have those options but still has bad traffic and you say it's a personal problem. DC subway is good enough, people just don't want to use it and would rather drive or Uber.

NYC is the only city in America built the way it is. You can't make Atlanta into NYC.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Public options is always cool. But people aren’t about to start taking them over they cars in these cities. Most of New Yorkers don’t even know how to drive so I understand why y’all dont get it. But the fact remains creating this huge public transportation isn’t gonna stop traffic in these cities.

Y’all east coast people are cool with trains and stuff, other places not so much

You mean most people In Manhatan.

Outside of Manhattan NyC has too much drivers but then again as expansive as our subway is it doesn’t cover all the boroughs and has mediocre coverage of Queens.

I live in southern Brooklyn so a car and transportation works well for me.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:snoop: u just said traffic is bad in ATL cuz they don't have public transportation options. I give you a city (DC) that does have those options but still has bad traffic and you say it's a personal problem. DC subway is good enough, people just don't want to use it and would rather drive or Uber.

NYC is the only city in America built the way it is. You can't make Atlanta into NYC.

You didn’t read my following post that said transportation is about having options? Options meaning you can avoid traffic :snoop:

If people in your city do not want to use the subway for their own selfish reasoning then I don’t know what to tell you.

The hipsters and the white folks who move to DC use the subway everyday and a lot of them do not actually drive. That’s because those hipsters, Yuppies and white folks moved to DC not only for career choices but because they could escape their suburban lifestyles of having to drive everywhere.

In DC you got people who utilize the bike lanes, use the buses and use the trains. People “preferring” to stay in their cars is not a real issue.

Matter of fact the DC subway goes into Maryland and Virginia. The NYC subway does not leave 4 out of 5 boroughs.

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
As soon as he said riverdale was safe I should've closed the thread...but I kept reading and It did not disappoint lol

I don't even know how you can Google map riverdale or Decatur and think it's safe :russ:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
yeah i grew up in Capitol Heights then moved to Clinton. 2 different worlds back then. You must be out Upper Marlboro or Bowie

Your journey thru PG sounds like mine breh. Born in Cheverly (PG Hospital) back in ‘92 but grew up in Suitland (back when the Homer Ave projects were still around and them Tooley St. and Swann Rd. nikkas were even grimier than they are now, I lived in City Line towers next to the cemetery literally just a 2 min walk from PG’s border with the Soufside), Forestville (lived in Park Berkshire, Forest Creek was around the corner tho), District Heights/Silver Hill Rd, and Walker Mill (Shady Glen Terrace). I was stayed in those hoods for an average of 5-6 years, Walker Mill was the longest stay (2002-2007), so outta all the hoods in PG County, I feel more of a stronger connection there since half of my childhood, preteenhood, and early teenhood was spent there. Then around summer of 2007, I moved out to Clinton and fast forward to Feb 2014, I live in Brandywine now.

Both the inner and outer Beltway parts of PG are two different worlds. Hell, going out Clinton back in the day used to feel like a road trip when I was living in Walker Mill and District Heights....Don’t even get me started on Waldorf when it was way more country than it is now.

I also used to briefly live in Northeast near Eastern Ave as an infant but like I said, briefly and as an infant. I don’t claim DC hoods since I didn’t grew up in the City.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Of course metro, people who live in most these areas say they live in Chicago or outskirts of Chicago or whatever.

It all depends on the city, but it’s really like saying that DC, ATL and Miami are nothing but small towns, LA is 1/3rd of NY and London, I mean only 3 million or something live there. It all depends on how the city is built and intergrated. Since dude is talking about different counties and suburbs he’s obviously talking about the larger definition. Because he’s not even talking about Atlanta, Atlanta “city” has a population that’s like 15-20% of Brooklyn, so doesn’t Miami and DC.

They say they live there but they don't. It doesn't give them a pass. It annoys me. That's why there's separate statistics for city and metro population. If the address doesn't say Chicago, they're not from here. If they're from an outlying suburb, they're from metro Chicago, or Chicagoland.

In reality, those named places are smaller town sized. But what you make of it is different. DC is pretty dense and has historical and political significance, Miami has less population than Jacksonville but is obviously more desired as a tourist spot.

Atlanta could just annex the suburbs to get big, like what Houston did. But city sizes are an unnecessary dikk waving metric. Any suburb integration is mute, as any well established city will have that type of support.

If anyone says Atlanta I think: Atlanta, the city of 473K. Not Atlanta and it's suburbs. That's metro Atlanta or whatever name (greater Atlanta area?).