Wale Talks About Kendrick Verse

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
That's cool and all, but that nikka Wale needs to reply. Of all the dudes Kendrick called out by name, Wale is probably the best pure emcee and most capable of dropping a verse superior to Kendrick's....

I know he's hated on this site, but out of Kendrick, Wale, and J Cole, lyrically to me J is the nicest.

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
That's cool and all, but that nikka Wale needs to reply. Of all the dudes Kendrick called out by name, Wale is probably the best pure emcee and most capable of dropping a verse superior to Kendrick's....

I agree with your description of the dude, and some bars from him on the subject would be tremendous (and theyre probably on the way; id be surprised if most of the dudes on the list didnt address it in some capacity on a track, whether it's in passing on a song or on a feature or something like that), but I think he probably had it right in the interview. He made a point of noting that he has some new tracks on the way and tbh, that's probably the best course of action to address the shyt that Kendrick said. Homes basically said that he's the only young nikka at the big boy table right now. The way for Wale to get a seat there is for him to keep adding shyt like this

or this

to the catalog. Keep dropping albums like The Gifted or better and verses like this joint

If he keeps doing that people might be like :mjpls:
the next time someone tries to keep him out that initial list.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I know he's hated on this site, but out of Kendrick, Wale, and J Cole, lyrically to me J is the nicest.

I think J.Cole is a fantastic emcee, but I can't understand in any way shape or form on any planet where he is a better lyricist than Kendrick or Wale. I literally can't see that at all.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I think J.Cole is a fantastic emcee, but I can't understand in any way shape or form on any planet where he is a better lyricist than Kendrick or Wale. I literally can't see that at all.

His mixtapes proved to me how lyrically dope he is. He killed the Dead Presidents Pt. 2 Freestyle

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
if a nikka, mention you on a record by name.
you serve him, period.
I guess this is the part where wale uses his jigga trapper keeper notebook notes.
from the jay boardroom meeting on effectively ducking battles so you don't get served.
further proof, this is an ol incense spoken word wack bytch-nikka,...

art barr

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
Yeah Kendrick may be the face of this new school shyt, but real nikkas know Wale the best of his class.

LL

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Dudes aren't copping pleas, they just know what rhetorical flourish is. You think Kendrick, someone that admits to being these dudes buddies, wants to see their careers ended in the literal sense? Youngin was saying that shyt for effect homes and you know that shyt based on the fact that Schoolboy Q has said in interviews in the past that every time he's on a track with his TDE dudes he's trying to murder them (his exact words). nikka doesn't mean that shyt literally.
This. But there's a subtle aspect to this that I haven't seen anyone really touch on: all of the dudes Kendrick named (including Kendrick hiimself) share a common fanbase. Some of them have more fans, some less, but there's a big cross section of fans that like all of those cats. Kendrick is just trying to up the competition, but if these guys don't put a little more effort into their craft, a guy like Kendrick could actually "make sure your core fans never heard of you nikkas". Kendrick just summed up who his peers are and who makes up the current generation. Whether these nikkas like it or not, they're linked now.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I already knew nikkas wasn't gonna respond...but I feel like this..if a nikka call me out by name..imma call them out...plus imma go hard musically..these nikkas is weird man...

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Wale is poetry like Pac but without the voice Pac had.
Kendrick is new school Big Daddy Kane with a social conscience. One of the best and just getting started in mainstream.
J. Cole is in his own lane. Very good at everything, not really special at nothing.

I really see them like this: Kendrick, Wale, and then J. Cole. All of them top tier. Drake is in the mix as well. Say what you want but Drake is generally one of the best on most tracks. He is a top tier rapper even with a large catalog of bullshyt to his name.