Walmart is starting to close stores....

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is what happens when cities let people walk in stores, steal, and have no consequences.
Believe lying ass CEOs.

A "jaw-dropping" wage theft report out this week reveals that many top U.S. corporations--from Walmart to Bank of America to AT&T--"have fattened their profits by forcing employees to work off the clock or depriving them of required overtime pay," based on a review of labor lawsuits and enforcement actions.

Grand Theft Paycheck: The Large Corporations Shortchanging Their Workers' Wages (pdf), produced by Good Jobs First and the Jobs With Justice Education Fund, found that hundreds of firms have collectively paid billions of dollars in wage theft penalties since 2000.

The report identifies several wage theft practices such as off-the-clock work, job title misclassifications that unfairly exempt workers from overtime pay, and uncompensated clothing purchase requirements, as well as overtime, minimum wage, meal break, and tip violations.

Researchers uncovered more than 1,200 successful collective actions challenging large companies' bad behavior. Those cases cost top corporations a total of $8.8 billion. A review of actions by the U.S. Department of Labor and eight state regulatory agencies uncovered another 4,220 cases against major corporations, which produced $9.2 billion in penalites.

"Our findings make it clear that wage theft goes far beyond sweatshops, fast-food outlets, and retailers. It is built into the business model of a substantial portion of corporate America," said Good Jobs First research director Philip Mattera, the report's lead author.

The employers who paid the most penalties for wage theft violations ranged from retailers and banks to insurance and telecommunications companies, the report highlights: Among the dozen most penalized corporations, Walmart, with $1.4 billion in total settlements and fines, is the only retailer.

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Order online 🤷🏾‍♀️ That’s what the app is for
Jeff Bezos = Amazon + Revenue = Nash Holdings = The Washington Post

tumblr_orm3oc9JqY1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

It happened before.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
[*]301 San Mateo Blvd. SE, Albuquerque
[/LIST]

I actually saw this one riding an Uber across town after a night at a friend's house two weeks ago. When I asked the driver why the Walmart was closing and she said the Homeless would go in there to set clothes on fire :deadrose: