• Total voters

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
shut the fukk up, everything I said in my post is true, I nikka did wear pink underwear to the Octagon, I was watching the Ultimate Fighter with Pops trying to get him in MMA. Everything I say is true not opinion.
and saw that shyt, and was like hell naw I ain't watching this gay shyt. If you can't see how people can't associate UFC with homosexuality your just being blind
unless you followed MMA for long time I can see how you draw those conclusions

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2011/...-hammock-white-serious-about-short-shorts-ban
:ufdup:
listen little nikka i never equate any type of fighting with homosexuality...and i am a longtime watcher of MMA...if some of the fighters act a little gay so be it..thats on them..but you're making a broad generalization that all of MMA is that way based on how fighters act on a reality TV show...that is an ignorant opinion and uneducated

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ufdup:
listen little nikka i never equate any type of fighting with homosexuality...and i am a longtime watcher of MMA...if some of the fighters act a little gay so be it..thats on them..but you're making a broad generalization that all of MMA is that way based on how fighters act on a reality TV show...that is an ignorant opinion and uneducated

I'm not making any generalizations you fukking moron
I'm showing the OP why someone who doesn't follow MMA would believe that
If you never watched UFC and the first match you see is a guy wearing a pink thong, the first thing you gonna say is I'm not watching this gay shyt, am I right

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Could you give a time when Arum says whatever he says about MMA because I really don't want to spend 9 minutes watching that old fukk drone on.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
The one thing the UFC had over Boxing over the last few years is we saw the best fight the best almost all the time in the UFC. There wasn't so much concern for wins and losses as far as how a fighter is viewed because one fight they could lose the title, come back and win two solid fights and in some cases win the title back. I think now though the UFC is at a point minus maybe a few matchups where I think they exhausted a lot of the big fights and all the champions now for the most part are 2 tiers above the #1 contender. Silva losing was big, but he's another guy who pretty much fought everyone they threw at him. Pacquiao vs Mayweather not happening whether hardcore fans wanna believe it or not put a dent into Boxing. Now with Golden Boy putting on quality cards it seems like Boxing is now at the forefront again, but no one can deny the UFC's consistency of pitting the best against the best almost all the time. Hell, the main event for this weekend's UFC is a rematch of two of the best in the division (Pettis vs Henderson II). Their 1st fight was :ohhh: and this made ESPN highlights

12_medium.gif

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
The one thing the UFC had over Boxing over the last few years is we saw the best fight the best almost all the time in the UFC. There wasn't so much concern for wins and losses as far as how a fighter is viewed because one fight they could lose the title, come back and win two solid fights and in some cases win the title back. I think now though the UFC is at a point minus maybe a few matchups where I think they exhausted a lot of the big fights and all the champions now for the most part are 2 tiers above the #1 contender. Silva losing was big, but he's another guy who pretty much fought everyone they threw at him. Pacquiao vs Mayweather not happening whether hardcore fans wanna believe it or not put a dent into Boxing. Now with Golden Boy putting on quality cards it seems like Boxing is now at the forefront again, but no one can deny the UFC's consistency of pitting the best against the best almost all the time. Hell, the main event for this weekend's UFC is a rematch of two of the best in the division (Pettis vs Henderson II). Their 1st fight was :ohhh: and this made ESPN highlights

12_medium.gif

Good post. I just don't agree with the match- ups part. There are some really big fights coming up:

Title Fights:
- Henderson/Pettis II
- Jones/Gustafsson
- GSP/Hendricks
- Weidman/Silva II
- Wineland/Barao
- JDS/Cain III

Some big Non-title fights:
- Condit/Kampmann II
- Belfort/Henderson

That's a stacked line-up of big fights coming up.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Arum is just spouting the typical stuff old geezers brought up on boxing would say so I wouldnt pay that old vid any mind.But I think there is a case to the argument MMA (ufc a rather) still isnt a major sport.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
The sub-culture is pathetic and full of borderline racist bros and the standup really is awful.

There are a ton of knowledgeable [and level-headed] MMA fans, don't let a few bad apples fool you.

There are some great strikers in MMA. Of course, their boxing doesn't stack up to actual boxers and same with their kickboxing in respect to actual kickboxers. But to say their striking is really awful is a terrible exaggeration.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
There are a ton of knowledgeable [and level-headed] MMA fans, don't let a few bad apples fool you.
why are u sugarcoating i think there is more than a few, i would say 75% of ufc fans are that way. Peep the clip of anderson's post fight interview with rogan after weidman fight and see how hes getting boooed as he graciously thanks the fans/opponent.

7 fukin years of dominance and that is the respect those imbeciles show him? how can u have a sport mostly made up of fairweather flip floppers?

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
The sub-culture is pathetic and full of borderline racist bros and the standup really is awful.

I've seen this a lot and never quite understood it. You hardly see any boxing fans like this, what is it about MMA that attracts these guys?

The day of the Silva loss I was disgusted at some of the shyt I was reading, that shyt honestly turns me off about the sport.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
why are u sugarcoating i think there is more than a few, i would say 75|% of ufc fans are that way. Peep the clip of anderson's post fight interview with rogan and see how hes getting boooed as he graciously thanks the fans/opponent.7 fukin years of dominance and that is the respect those imbecoilles show him?

Come on @ 75%. I have 6 friends who follow MMA, none of us are like that. Plus, the MMA forum I post in, has mainly level-headed people [it's not Sherdog obviously]. Those fans are drunk casuals. Most hardcore MMA fans are fine.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

There are some great strikers in MMA. Of course, their boxing doesn't stack up to actual boxers and same with their kickboxing in respect to actual kickboxers. But to say their striking is really awful is a terrible exaggeration.

I know there are good MMA fans out there. I post about MMA here for a reason though. Sherdog, UG, Bloodyelbow, MMA Junkie etc. confirm every stereotype about the fanbase and I had to leave the former two because of all the stupidity. Silva, Machida, Mousasi, Cung Le and kickboxing crossovers like Spong and young Cro Cop are awesome strikers but 90% of MMA stand up is wrestlers throwing the same ugly kickboxing combinations. Most of the elite strikers in MMA are just ok anywhere else (JDS). MMA is a grappling based sport.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Come on @ 75%. I have 6 friends who follow MMA, none of us are like that. Plus, the MMA forum I post in, has mainly level-headed people [it's not Sherdog obviously]. Those fans are drunk casuals. Most hardcore MMA fans are fine.
but most of the ppl that watch mma are drunk casuals? hardcores make a very small percentage :why: