Was/Is Obamacare(ACA) a failure or success?

ACA/Obamacare failure or success?

• Failure

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Success

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Obamacare first came into effect I was on my parents medical plan. After I got a job and got on my own plan I've been in the Obama care system. So basically I don't really know what life was like before Obamacare and considering Rethugs failure to repeal it a year after the fact it looks like I may never know. Either way just trying to gauge the temperature of ACA as a whole.

If a similar thread to this exist you can delete it and point me to that thread.

Ebonomics

Banned
Daps
Obamacare was an epic failure and a waste of political capital. At this point is basically on life support. After removal of the mandatory fine we are going to watch Obamacare crumble over the next couple of years.

If Trump was the price we paid for Obama then he was a trash president and I would have voted for Romney.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The success was the expansion of Medicaid, the laws forbidding discrimination on pre-existing conditions, staying on parent's insurance till age 26, the requirements of comprehensive coverage...

The failure came at the beginning... no public option. Big Pharma got off... the government provided subsidies for people to pay for insurance but its subsidizing a for-profit industry that's parasitic...

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The success was the expansion of Medicaid, the laws forbidding discrimination on pre-existing conditions, staying on parent's insurance till age 26, the requirements of comprehensive coverage...

The failure came at the beginning... no public option. Big Pharma got off... the government provided subsidies for people to pay for insurance but its subsidizing a for-profit industry that's parasitic...

Pretty much.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
barry-jester-insurance-charts-1.png

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Come on. It was/is obviously a failure.

And it's failure started with Obama himself. That's no exaggeration.

If he wanted single payer he should have pitched single payer. The core flaw in the thinkingof of corporate democrats is that they think they if they suck enough Big Business cock, the Big Business will be nice to them and the populace in return. Or they just dont give a fukk.

People are shytting on Trump, but if you're honest it's easy to see that he's SUPER effective at pushing his agendas. And that's because he's use to being bold. The ONLY way to get things done as president (or at anything in life) is to be bold a fall on your fukking sword if need be.

If Obama wanted single-payer he shouldbhave pushed single payer. Point. Blank. Period. His whole adminstration was filled with puccy as moves. That's a fact you can take to the bank.

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Medicaid expansion and drop in uninsured rates alone make it a success. Setting thresholds for insurance care and non-discrimination also were huge.

Purity ponies will purity pony though

:laff:
Fellas, you can't get a better example of a Cowardly, corporate democrat than @88m3 .

If this is what you want you in office then you all need to really think twice about yourselves as people.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Fellas, you can't get a better example of a Cowardly, corporate democrat than @88m3 .

If this is what you want you in office then you all need to really think twice about yourselves as people.

Using your basis for getting things done nothing would ever happen maybe that's what you want though. You clearly don't understand anything ACA or what was done to get it.

Single payer didn't stand a change, we're not a dictatorship.

No complaints from you about the statistical backsliding of Republicans and Trump sabotaging ACA and health care says it all. You're too stupid and partisan to even know what's good for you.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's an undeniable success. Republicans have control of the White House and congress yet still can't repeal it, largely due to white republican voters not wanting them to.The medicaid expansion isn't going anywhere. Traditionally, "entitlement" programs are not eliminated...they're expanded. Because they're popular with people.

If we ever get single payer it'll happen through Obamacare. I think republicans understand this and it's partially why they've tried to gut the law so much. The medicaid expansion is a public option. All you have to do is raise the income limits and increase hospital reimbursement rates....and suddenly you have a universal healthcare plan. I don't think it's going to happen right away. But the obvious next step will be to say something like "if you're single and make 50k or less, you should qualify for Medicaid." Boom.

The other thing that will happen: they're going to change the name. Medicaid has a certain stigma to it, and a lot of people are embarrassing to be on it. Change the name to something else...

It's going to happen. Every major social welfare program has been expanded. Social security used to only apply to widows....