Was/Is Obamacare(ACA) a failure or success?

ACA/Obamacare failure or success?

• Failure

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Success

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yes, why does that matter?
"
With ACA repeal and replacement remaining a priority for the Trump Administration and Congress, this research shows that gains in coverage, improvements in access and families’ financial security, as well as economic benefits to states and providers are at stake if the Medicaid expansion is repealed.

• Coverage: Studies show that Medicaid expansion results in significant coverage gains and reductions in uninsured rates, both among the low-income population broadly and within specific vulnerable populations. States implementing the expansion through a waiver have seen similar gains in coverage, but some provisions in these waivers may present barriers to coverage.
  • Access to care, utilization, affordability, and health outcomes: Most research demonstrates that Medicaid expansion positively affects access to care, utilization of services, the affordability of care, and financial security among the low-income population. Studies have also shown improved self-reported health following expansion, and one new study demonstrated a positive association between expansion and health outcomes. However, further research is needed to more fully determine effects on outcomes.
  • Economic measures: Analyses find positive effects of expansion on multiple economic outcomes, despite Medicaid enrollment growth initially exceeding projections in many states. Studies also show that Medicaid expansions result in reductions in uncompensated care costs for hospitals and clinics as well as positive or neutral effects on employment and the labor market."
The Effects of Medicaid Expansion under the ACA: Updated Findings from a Literature Review

I haven't been personally affected.

Didn't you say your employer pays for your healthcare? :comeon:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ACA act is a failure because republicans have made laws to undermine it? :hhh:
it's a failure because way too many members of the middle class that were supposed to win, lost

i respect the effort, but i dont give a fukk if obamacare goes under :camby: yes, the repubs fukked it up. and it certainly had positive attributes. it doesnt change the reality of the final product

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
it's a failure because way too many members of the middle class that were supposed to win, lost

i respect the effort, but i dont give a fukk if obamacare goes under :camby: yes, the repubs fukked it up. and it certainly had positive attributes. it doesnt change the reality of the final product
If I remember, you live in a state where your governor turned down the medicare expansion.

#HYON.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
but it didnt work nationally :dead: which is exactly what i said. i respect obama's effort and liked the bill, but the final product leaves too much to be desired
Many of the failures you attempt toncite are a result of the supreme court and states rights.

Your analogy is akin to not wearing a floatation device whie snorkeling despite knowing youre a poor swimmer only to say snorkeling isn't safe when you almost drown.

Also, I thought you weren't posting here anymore?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many of the failures you attempt toncite are a result of the supreme court and states rights.
you say that like i dont AGREE with you that there were circumstances that worked against it. the key word is failures :mindblown: what kinda obama nuthugging is this? two posts ago, you claimed that anyone who thinks obamacare didnt work is trolling? :laff: the middle class had to shoulder the cost of insuring the poor. it did not work
Also, I thought you weren't posting here anymore?
:mjlol: what can i say breh. ive only ever posted in tlr, the booth and HL. i LIKE these discussions and arguing about this shyt with you guys, im not here to troll anyone. and despite popular belief, im not a trump supporter. i hate trump supporters :dead:

but ive vowed to change some of my controversial stances. for example, i will no longer act like mexicans have to respect our border or immigration laws. the democrats need votes :jaymelo:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you say that like i dont AGREE with you that there were circumstances that worked against it. the key word is failures :mindblown: what kinda obama nuthugging is this? two posts ago, you claimed that anyone who thinks obamacare didnt work is trolling? :laff: the middle class had to shoulder the cost of insuring the poor. it did not work

This is different from pre Obamacare?:patrice:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is different from pre Obamacare?:patrice:
theres a poster on this site who said he had his first baby before obamacare and it was 500, had his second baby after obamacare and it was 5 thousand

with respect to the fact that i WANTED obama to succeed, im not going to sit here and lie like i feel like he did :yeshrug: there are too many horror stories

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Failure.
From day one it was apparent that a reasonably large voting block could not stomach parts of the deal, even if it benefited them.
If I remember correctly the repeal campaign began the day it was instituted.
Obama force fed it to them, and now their spitting it up...
... and it’s messy.

Structurally, the exchanges were never going to be sustainable, with the greatest threat of conniving coming as always from the insurers(who had monopoly markets) and not the insured.

Add on:
A wildly unpopular mandate.
Rising middle class premiums.
Rapid enrollment of the sick with slow enrollment of those intended to subsidize them... at rates underestimate by its framers.
Political gain to be had by undermining it.
Etc...

Now the cost of unraveling it is gonna be insane.
:wow:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
theres a poster on this site who said he had his first baby before obamacare and it was 500, had his second baby after obamacare and it was 5 thousand

with respect to the fact that i WANTED obama to succeed, im not going to sit here and lie like i feel like he did :yeshrug: there are too many horror stories

Using anecdotal experiences to gauge the success of a program like Obamacare is pointless as it implies that it could only be a success if it improved the lives of everybody, which is an impossible standard to meet. If you want to point to rising rates as "proof" of it's failure then you need to show that rising rates were A. directly caused by Obamacare and B. outweighed by the benefit of ensuring millions of more people became insured.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Using anecdotal experiences to gauge the success of a program like Obamacare is pointless as it implies that it could only be a success if it improved the lives of everybody, which is an impossible standard to meet. If you want to point to rising rates as "proof" of it's failure then you need to show that rising rates were A. directly caused by Obamacare and B. outweighed by the benefit of ensuring millions of more people became insured.
of course not. i show you that dude, you show me someone who was able to get covered with a pre-existing condition