Washington Bullets & C Daniel Gafford agree to 3-year $40M extension through 2025-26

Good deal?

• Total voters

lib123

All Star
Daps

Hassan Whiteside, Andre Drummond, and others like JaVale McGee getting $5M. Centers aren’t very valuable anymore unless you have a top 3 guy at the position. Who are the centers on the top contenders aside from Sixers?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hassan Whiteside, Andre Drummond, and others like JaVale McGee getting $5M.
Both Hassan and Drummond are both considered clowns that don't really help your team.

McGee is 10 years older than Gafford.

Who are the centers on the top contenders aside from Sixers?
Bam
Brook Lopez is getting $13M
Capela 18M
Aldridge is chasing a ring
Jokic
DeAndre and Dwight are both getting $2.5M but they're ring chasing vets
Zubac signed for 7M a year 2 years ago after putting up 9/8. He'll get more when his contract is up.
Ayton is getting maxed.
Gobert

lib123

All Star
Daps
Both Hassan and Drummond are both considered clowns that don't really help your team.

McGee is 10 years older than Gafford.

Bam
Brook Lopez is getting $13M
Capela 18M
Aldridge is chasing a ring
Jokic
DeAndre and Dwight are both getting $2.5M but they're ring chasing vets
Zubac signed for 7M a year 2 years ago after putting up 9/8. He'll get more when his contract is up.
Ayton is getting maxed.
Gobert

What has Gafford done to deserve a mid-tier Center contract? He won’t move the needle for the Wizards.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He better be worth it. You can get quality Centers for $5-7M in modern NBA. TBH Wiz are better off playing small with pace.

@#1 pick what do you think? Love reading your bball takes.
It's an overpay for Gafford but he shown to be impactful. 3.1 WAR on his limited PT showed a lot than he backed it up with nearly a 1 WAR in the playoffs. Teams are paying impact players. That's the one thing I see now that I didn't see in 2016 when Mozgov and Deng got massively overpaid. He really fits the system and he's performed with Beal as well as without him.

Like Bertans, he's an overpay but overpaying impact guys isn't really a stupid decision. You basically pay a lot now and save when the cap goes up while their production generally goes up or stays the same.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
It's an overpay for Gafford but he shown to be impactful. 3.1 WAR on his limited PT showed a lot than he backed it up with nearly a 1 WAR in the playoffs. Teams are paying impact players. That's the one thing I see now that I didn't see in 2016 when Mozgov and Deng got massively overpaid. He really fits the system and he's performed with Beal as well as without him.

Like Bertans, he's an overpay but overpaying impact guys isn't really a stupid decision. You basically pay a lot now and save when the cap goes up while their production generally goes up or stays the same.
While not all Gafford’s doing, the Wizards defense was top 10 after the trade. A mix of schedule and different lineups helped.

PS5

Wiz a 1/2 seed right now ya dig Tekashi1223
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:childplease:
Nah. Hutchison is not better than Troy.

And that's cool that Gafford is starting for Washington, he wouldn't be starting with Chicago because we have better players. Bulls don't need TBJ to start, and they aren't depending on him like that either. Gafford is a solid big who runs the floor, rebounds, and defends. His main issue is staying out of foul trouble, the refs used to screw him over with bs calls, hopefully that changes now that he's going to be featured more.

Troy Brown just needs to be an athletic 3&D guy for the Bulls off the bench right now, and we're perfectly fine with that.
Again, TBJ is fools gold. I like him, wanted him to be great, thought he could be another piece but let me put it to you in a way you can better understand.

You guys been using our players a lot in the recent years, y'all gotta Otto and didn't use him right. Now he's shining in golden State. I hardly see Satoransky, he's solid but never flashy. TBJ is clearly and firmly behind them in terms of being a player in this league. We had them all here for years, he will flash for a game or two then nothing. That's TBJ.

Chandler I'm not saying is a beast, but his ceiling is higher even tho it doesn't appear to be but it is because TBJ is fools gold.

Now gafford, you straight up disrespecting him and he's gonna disrespect "Wendell Carter" and Vuc.. Gafford gonna shut both of them nikkaz down you hear me? We got 40 mil on it :blessed: