We are living in a world of illusion

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Meditation isn't for deeper thought though really. It's to clear your mind so you're more in tune with the moment and your sorroundings.
what is "the moment" :jbhmm:

how you doin friend :smugfavre:

Ananke - Wikipedia

boar-running.gif

Hildisvíni - Wikipedia

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
No.

It's about how willing you are to let go of needing to flex your intellect and ask questions that trigger expanse. To surrender to the idea that you could actually get an answer in such a way.

iu

The ego finds the majority of it's comfort in 'knowing' and breaking down process. So of course you tell someone who is preoccupied with materialism how to jump the rails and they fold their arms and speak about delusions, as if any of us see reality as it is.

We are all hallucinating. Most just do it within the parameters of the matrix, where even the most mundane life is as much of a hallucination than as parting a red sea.

it's called exercising discernment

question everybody even the questions ha

when the ideas you hold onto are very shaky & based in pure imagination you shouldn't hold on tighter

some people value things the more esoteric convoluted & inconsistent it is

i don't agree with that line of thinking but if it works for you i won't knock it ha

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This right here I think

Warning. I didn't rewatch these but it looks familiar to what I saw before.

In general there's a whole branch of scholarship that examines this subject. So get to Googlin

And a slimmed down excerpt which is seemingly pretty juicy.

so I watched that second video. I almost got through the whole thing but honestly this guys credibility, video presentation, execution and just the whole idea seems phony.

is he even a scholar or some guy with “ideas” who made a YouTube video?

His whole theory and argument is based off coincidences, parallels and assumptions, not historical facts or logic or even any knowledge of early Christianity.

more than anything it seems like a conspiracy theory he’s using to sell books

a few non biased videos i like to teach you about the true historical Jesus and early Christianity/Bible authors

In a nutshell Paul was writing his letters before this guy Titus flavius was even Roman emperor or conquered anything.

Paul quotes from some of the Gospels and not the one that historically is confirmed to be the earliest

Paul as well as Jesus contemporaries who were eye witnesses passed down everything to the gospel authors whether it be as oral tradition or actual copies of earlier written sources. Regardless of the actual dates, common sense tells you all this was likely well known and in circulation among early Christians in the region before Titus Flavius had any one writing about him because what had he even accomplished?

If I ask anyone today who Titus Flavius is, nobody probably heard of him. But everyone knows who historical Jesus was

How was a man Titus at 30-40 years old more well known, important or influential than Jesus among Christian writers to even be compared to him in 70-80 AD let alone in 2021 in a YouTube video by some random white guy? :mjlol:

jesus said/did everything written about him and died/resurrected before Titus flavius was even born.

Followers of Jesus/Christianity as a religion/movement existed before Titus flavius was born

just because the gospels wasn’t all written down, compiled and made “official” until later doesn’t mean it has any less credibility, but it does leave an open the door for people’s imagination and lies.

I can understand the idea that Romans tried to add to more details the gospel stories after the fact just like Christians might’ve added their own theological spin

and there were obviously translations over the years

but basic core message of Jesus remains the same and unchanged and easily understood

If this guy really wants to diminish or discredit Jesus, he is better off saying the entire Gospel text was corrupted/changed like the Muslims do. :banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@DoubleClutch it also could be that they doctored it but didn't fully consider the consequences :francis:

consider how powerful the words currently are

what would possess "inquisitions" to round up people and burn their texts :jbhmm: sharp sword indeed

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
@DoubleClutch

This is a fact

There are zero historical documents that mention Jesus outside the Bible.

The writings used in the Bible are the only mentions of Jesus and the earliest ones were written way after the lifetimes of any supposed witnesses

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@DoubleClutch

This is a fact

There are zero historical documents that mention Jesus outside the Bible.

The writings used in the Bible are the only mentions of Jesus and the earliest ones were written way after the lifetimes of any supposed witnesses
both the Talmud and the Quran mention Jesus

yes I know this counts as a self reference, but it is a reference.

I still say folks should consider the name IESOUS (Son of Zeus) in relation to this post
We are living in a world of illusion

the Hecatoncheires...also translates to "Magic Hands"
Sabazios - Wikipedia

800px-HandOfSabazius.JPG
Bible Gateway passage: Isaiah 53 - King James Version
Yodh is originated from a pictograph of a “hand” that ultimately derives from Proto-Semitic *yad-. It may be related to the Egyptian hieroglyph of an “arm” or “hand”

hiero_D36.png

[citation needed]

:wow:

Last edited:

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
that’s a nice way to look at it.

no man is perfect

but Jesus was sinless according to Christians (and I guess Muslims but they don’t count) so he did what Adam couldn’t do in a sense

I still think Adam was made with the intention of being “good” or perfect other than why would God knowingly create something flawed on purpose

Adam sinned because he had free will and is just a “man” in contrast to Jesus.

nobody (other than Jews) find any fault in Jesus or his teachings

of course “God” cannot sin anyways.

On a side note, thanks to Koichos I now know where Raphael Saadiq gets his last name from :banderas:

It astonishes me that anyone can think that, with our reputation for logical and analytical thinking, we would oppose such ideas so vehemently if they were in any way supported by the Tanach.

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
To add: the expression 'when you hold up your hands' (see Y'shaʿyohu 1:15) is a reference to the kohanim performing the ceremonial 'benediction' as prescribed by the Torah (B'midbor 6:24-26). The L'wiyim—the Jewish 'aristocracy'—are divided into Kohanim (who are just one family, that of Moshah's brother, ʾAharon) and non-Kohanim (the rest of the tribe of Léwi). At the present time, the only ceremonial function performed by l'wiyim is pouring water over the hands of the kohanim prior to the latter ascending to the duchon (platform) in order to pronounce bir'kath hakohanim. When doing so they separate their fingers into two pairs, like this: \\// (à la Leonard Nimoy ז״ל - who revealed in an interview that he once saw the kohanim doing this as a child, and adopted this sign when he played his 'Vulcan' character Spock in the TV series Star Trek). The kohanim raise their hands every day in Y'rusholayim תוב״ב, and there are often many hundreds of them at the western wall of the ancient Temple compound on shabbothoth and haggim, including little pir'hei k'hunoh who can sometimes be as young as ten (donning adorable little tallithoth) who will often go up with their fathers and recite it. Accordingly, the practice of facing toward a wall when praying is ancient and evidence of it is even to be found in the Hebrew Scriptures, for example:
:וַיַּסֵּב חִזְקִיָּהוּ פָּנָיו אֶל־הַקִּיר וַיִּתְפַּלֵּל אֶל־יְיָ​
Then Hizqiyyohu turned his face toward the wall and prayed to Hashem. (Y'shaʿyohu 38:2)

Furthermore, the practice of swaying from side to side or rocking backward and forward during prayer is derived from the verse:
כָּל עַצְמוֹתַי ׀ תֹּאמַרְנָה יְיָ מִי כָמוֹךָ
מַצִּיל עָנִי מֵחָזָק מִמֶּנּוּ
:וְעָנִי וְאֶבְיוֹן מִגֹּזְלוֹ​
Hashem—all my bones will ask 'Who is like You?';
rescuing a poor man from one who is stronger than he,
a poor or destitute man from one who would rob him! (T'hillim 35:10)