We Need To Talk About 'UK’s Pivot To Africa Post-Brexit'. (GET IN HERE DIASPORA GANG)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Thank @The Odum of Ala Igbo for this because he deserves 75% of the credit. Because this discussion was mainly his idea, but I told him I'd make the thread.

DIASPORA GANG get in here @Diasporan Royalty @RehReh @Karbaash @Crude Abolitionist @MikeyC

Anyway, why aren't we talking about the UK's pivot to the African continent Post-Brexit? Look at what Theresa may is doing. Also, look at her stance on the apartheid in South Africa during the 70's and 80's.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Anyway, why aren't we talking about the UK's pivot to the African continent Post-Brexit?

Because it's pretty obvious what going on there. They need trading partners since they're leaving the EU. Plus their historical rival France has made a push there. So if France does it, then the UK must also. Also, there's the European fear of a Chinese takeover of the continent.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Britain won't succeed at this.

What can Britain trade to Africa that China can't just undercut?

What does Britain offer to Africa now that it's no longer in the EU?

Not much. Sure, African elites will still send their children to their schools. They might still buy property in London. Not sure how Britain can leverage an African trade advantage. Personally, nor do I care. Britain's an awful country.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
What's the point of a Commonwealth if there's no economic advantages to it? Not exploitation; not unfair deals; not being "subjects of the realm"; just advantages.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Britain won't succeed at this.

What can Britain trade to Africa that China can't just undercut?

What does Britain offer to Africa now that it's no longer in the EU?

Not much. Sure, African elites will still send their children to their schools. They might still buy property in London. Not sure how Britain can leverage an African trade advantage. Personally, nor do I care. Britain's an awful country.
Britain just wants to colonize/exploit certain areas in my opinion. At least the aren't the powerful empire they once were. Theresa May needs to stay the fukk out of Africa. Especially, South Africa :scust: