Weak lower body cancels out a strong upper body

Daps
True or false?

I hear and have read that no matter how strong your upper body may be,if your lower body is weak it doesn't matter because that is your foundation.

I see guys benching all kinds of numbers but struggle with a 135,185 squat,and I have to wonder is this true?

When I was in the joint alot of cats did not squat,and its like that in these gyms as well,I still see a bunch of guys who dont work legs.

And if you ever get into a tussle or fight,and your legs are weak I feel sorry for ya.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I believe so. I mean most people in the gym just want to look good but don't want put the hard work. Everybody is obsessed with machines and to me all of them could be replaced by free weights and it will be better for them. Except for the lying leg curl (Don't know how you could do something similar with free weights by taking the low back out of working your glutes & hamstrings)

Which is why everybody benches but rarely will do military press. Even the guys who back squat will rarely front squat.

Also Im in the belief that you should be training legs at a minimum twice per week. And that doesn't include cardio.

Daps
I believe so. I mean most people in the gym just want to look good but don't want put the hard work. Everybody is obsessed with machines and to me all of them could be replaced by free weights and it will be better for them. Except for the lying leg curl (Don't know how you could do something similar with free weights by taking the low back out of working your glutes & hamstrings)

Which is why everybody benches but rarely will do military press. Even the guys who back squat will rarely front squat.

Also Im in the belief that you should be training legs at a minimum twice per week. And that doesn't include cardio.

Well said breh