Weight loss journey thread

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I'm officially in the worst shape of my life. Just stepped on the scale and see that I'm at 100.7kg :snoop:

I've avoiding it for months because I knew I would not like what I see.

I gotta get better and putting it here makes it kind of "real" to me.

How I got here
If I had to pin this down on one thing, I would say my depression has been the root cause of my weight gain (about 15kg over the last 6 months)

-I find myself drinking about 4 or 5 nights a week basically to the point of black-out.

-Not only am I gaining calories from the alcohol, but I'm also waking up hungover most days and therefore I have no motivation to get up and excercise (on account of feeling like absolute shyt). I have not excercise since August last year. Even then, that was my only run of the month.

- Zero discipline when it comes to diet. I find myself chasing comfort food (basically anything fried or sweet) to numb the pain when I'm not drinking. I haven't actually cooked anything in MONTHS besides noodles.
Looking at my trash, see McDonald's/KFC/Nando's/Mochachos and Mugg & Bean boxes/wrappers. I've been eating these twice a day for months.

How I feel:
-HEAVY. My right knee is in some mild pain due to all this weight I'm carrying. I'm also starting to get some back pain

- My face is BLOATED like shyt.

- I feel disgusted and ashamed when I look in the mirror. I can't even look at my brother's wedding photos from last month because I'm embarrassed at what I'll see.

-Pissed off because I can't fit in my best clothes anymore.

-My confidence with the ladies is starting to drop a little bit because I'm becoming more self-conscious.

What I'm going to do about it:
-My depression needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency. Just not sure how to go about that right now but I do know that excercise will go a long way to clearing my head.

-Consistent sleep. I must be up at 4 or 5 everyday to start excercisng, which means I need to be in bed by 10pm from now on.

-Running plan. I don't know how it's gonna look like. Important thing is to just start and build up momentum though.

-Bought an indoor bike. On the days I don't feel like running or wake up too late, I will use the bike.

- Tomorrow I go grocery shopping for food. Ostrich meat, chicken breasts and mixed veggies only. Calories must be tracked for every meal.

I must do this

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
How tall are you? I’m on a journey as well. Started the year @ 228 lbs and I’m down to 214 lbs with minimal exercise… I’m on a raw food cleanse rn. I’m thinking about just doing it for a month maybe… then some days i think I can go 90 days.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm officially in the worst shape of my life. Just stepped on the scale and see that I'm at 100.7kg :snoop:

I've avoiding it for months because I knew I would not like what I see.

I gotta get better and putting it here makes it kind of "real" to me.

How I got here
If I had to pin this down on one thing, I would say my depression has been the root cause of my weight gain (about 15kg over the last 6 months)

-I find myself drinking about 4 or 5 nights a week basically to the point of black-out.

-Not only am I gaining calories from the alcohol, but I'm also waking up hungover most days and therefore I have no motivation to get up and excercise (on account of feeling like absolute shyt). I have not excercise since August last year. Even then, that was my only run of the month.

- Zero discipline when it comes to diet. I find myself chasing comfort food (basically anything fried or sweet) to numb the pain when I'm not drinking. I haven't actually cooked anything in MONTHS besides noodles.
Looking at my trash, see McDonald's/KFC/Nando's/Mochachos and Mugg & Bean boxes/wrappers. I've been eating these twice a day for months.

How I feel:
-HEAVY. My right knee is in some mild pain due to all this weight I'm carrying. I'm also starting to get some back pain

- My face is BLOATED like shyt.

- I feel disgusted and ashamed when I look in the mirror. I can't even look at my brother's wedding photos from last month because I'm embarrassed at what I'll see.

-Pissed off because I can't fit in my best clothes anymore.

-My confidence with the ladies is starting to drop a little bit because I'm becoming more self-conscious.

What I'm going to do about it:
-My depression needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency. Just not sure how to go about that right now but I do know that excercise will go a long way to clearing my head.

-Consistent sleep. I must be up at 4 or 5 everyday to start excercisng, which means I need to be in bed by 10pm from now on.

-Running plan. I don't know how it's gonna look like. Important thing is to just start and build up momentum though.

-Bought an indoor bike. On the days I don't feel like running or wake up too late, I will use the bike.

- Tomorrow I go grocery shopping for food. Ostrich meat, chicken breasts and mixed veggies only. Calories must be tracked for every meal.

I must do this
Stick with your plan. Day by day, that’s all.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I'll take thread with a grain of salt since a lot of these be either :duck: or dudes don't have the discipline to follow-through or even update them later.

1) Running and biking alone isn't enough. You need to get your ass to the gym too. Doing only cardio isn't the key to fat loss.

2) Put down the damn bottle. Blacking out 4-5 times a week (:what: ) isn't good for weight loss or your health. I noticed you ain't mention this in the OP. :usure:

3) Seek professional psychiatric help/counseling. Wanting to quit is great but you're prolly not exercising your way past true depression.

4) "Ostrich meat, chicken breasts and mixed veggies" only isn't the answer either. That's not balanced and cutting out carbs really ain't it, especially if you're finna be exercising regularly. Brb no grains, no fruits, no dairy/eggs

Despite what these disordered eaters think, carbs aren't "bad" for you.

Good luck with all this I guess.
FUIBGIQWAAQ1-NVE-removebg-preview-2-20.png

Eating a shyt ton of fast food/bullshyt, drinking heavily, and not exercising is what got you here, not carbs.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i dropped from 205 to 175 during covid by stopping drinking, and eating mostly nothing but chicken and spinach. also, buy some balsamic vinegar and olive oil to replace salad dressing

wasnt even doing cardio, just pushups and situps at home. do all that and you'll see your weight dropping weekly
Where are you at now?

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
4 day update

Diet is a lot cleaner than it was. Only been eating chicken and various vegetables so far, which isn't it a problem given it's my favourite meat :dame:. No booze either (not planning to quit but need to detox. Quitting totally is probably gonna be one of the biggest challenges of my life)

Haven't managed to go on a run yet but I've been putting time in on the excercise bike in the mornings and evenings.

Went back to the office for the first time since December and 95% of my work clothes ain't fitting me :snoop:

Down to 98.8kg (1.9kg down from Friday) but I know better so not getting excited. Probably just water weight or whatever and might find myself 2kg heavier if I weigh myself tomorrow.

Planning to do a 5km tomorrow morning and weights in the evening. Probably gonna take me 45 minutes to complete the 5km:scust:

Last edited:

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Start off slow, so you can stay consistent. Even a 30 min walk daily is a great start as long as you do it daily.

A good week of working out and eating right will help you feel better and help with the depression. Good luck. I'm on the same path.

Haven't exercise a lot this year, but I've been eating better and drinking a lot less. I've dropped a few pounds with just that. About to do more now.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
2.5kg down on Monday.

Managed to excercise 4/7 days last week and did 30 minutes of cardio this morning. Planning to do weights in the evening.

My diet has been pretty clean so far. Might just be in my head but I'm  feeling cleaner too.

Had to decline an invite from my cousin to attend her birthday celebration over the weekend because I knew I wouldn't have the discipline to limit the number of drinks I had / type of food I ate. I felt bad but I'm glad I did it.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
2.5kg down on Monday.

Managed to excercise 4/7 days last week and did 30 minutes of cardio this morning. Planning to do weights in the evening.

My diet has been pretty clean so far. Might just be in my head but I'm  feeling cleaner too.

Had to decline an invite from my cousin to attend her birthday celebration over the weekend because I knew I wouldn't have the discipline to limit the number of drinks I had / type of food I ate. I felt bad but I'm glad I did it.

Good shyt. :obama:

You eat the elephant one bite at a time. :ehh:

That elephant was metaphorical btw. :troll:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Just over 3kg down from the start. Still a long way to go.

Past weekend wasn't great in terms of diet. Went off the rails a bit and didn't do any excercise.

Very slow start to the week too and only excercised once so far. Need to put time in on the bike and do weights this evening. Part of that though is due to the fact that I think I either pushed too hard / haven't done an intense arm workout in months or had terrible form (probably a bit of all three) the last time I did weights.
I could not move my arms for 6 days without feeling pain.

Head is feeling so much clearer though since I started. Managed to take my inbox at work down from 250+ unread mails to just 2 at the current moment. I feel so light and positive right now.

Encouraged by the fact that I did not gain any weight despite the slip up on the weekend (and actually lost a bit).

Hoping to end the month below the 95kg mark.